Seamless branching not working with Blu Ray's

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Nice Monkey, Mar 14, 2017.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Your going to get bugs etc
    Just expect when an update comes two steps forward and one back

But agree it is a good machine and stunning picture to boot .
    Hopefully it address some niggles soon . :)

2. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Zidoo developers have to understand the extend of this problem basically and either say "it will be fixed" or "it won't be fixed, use MakeMKV to extract the MKV from the ISO". At the moment, you don't know which ISOs are having seamless branching and which not. Sometimes the problem starts to occur after some time and not from the very beginning of the movie so imagine having watched 30+ minutes just to find that the movie is barely watcheable after that point. Honestly this is a huge letdown.

So far I see many cosmetic changes but the emphasis should be primarily on accurate playback without interruptions, skipped frames and stuff. And I also see that as opposed to a few months ago, there's zero feedback from Zidoo on these forums.

3. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Yes i agree the oppo is very expensive but look at it this way i have a media player maybe 5 years old a popcorn hour A210. Plays back all blu-rays full menu's and seemless branching perfectly which i use as a back-up. Now of course will not do 3D or 4k and will even do the occasional atmos track but that is not perfect but can not expect to, considering was discontinued years ago. Zidoo need to concentrate on this issue first and forget about the home theatre app e.t.c which i admit is very good. This is now my last post on this issue because we have had zero communication and i think i am just wasting my time . Bye

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Years back it was very simple Dvd playback and 1080p that was it .
    Now add in all sorts of files mp4 ,mkvs ......in 4k format etc
    4K blu rays
    8bit
    10 bit
    12 bit
    444 ....
    Hdr
    3D playback
    Dolby Vision ( maybe later another Headache to work on if )
    HDR + adiitional issues if its added
    8K in the future

The last few will add more headaches and issues

Id imagine an update soon just gotta wait now .

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

With this problem gone my Zidoo X9S will get "preferred player status" which says something as I own plenty (based on v2.0.15 FW).
    As mentioned at the start of the topic the number of movies requiring seamless branching grows fast.

6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

7. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Although it seems that Zidoo presented this issue as 'solved', I watched (or maybe tried to watch) The Incredibles 2 in 3D ISO. It was IMPOSSIBLE to watch with endless interruption in video for a few seconds, jumps etc. So, is this issue solved or not?

8. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Not seen the 3D but 2D only watched 20mins, the sound was cutting out and freezing gave up. Works on my backup media player so not the file.

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It never was presented as solved just reduced with the claim that audio would not interrupt anymore. My own test showed it improved but definitely not solved.

10. Zidane

Zidane New Member

Still unsolved... Will there ever be a resolution to this caveat

11. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Yes stop using it, i have the oppo clone from china never looked back, everything works just like the oppo 203 but cost less then half the price even does dolby vision. Bye