Home Theater 2.0 (Save system of posters)

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by sebastien.dst, Nov 5, 2018.

1. sebastien.dst

sebastien.dst New Member

I don't understand the save system of posters.
    For example, I choose a custom directory folder: storage://Posters
    So now in theory, all posters are saved only in the custom directory, and access management is more convenient.
    But after the movies scan, when I look in my custom folder, nothing appears.
    I think when I choose a custom directory folder, it's not this one that it mainly uses.
    Because even after you clear or remove sources, when you add that sources again, the posters still the same like before, with the same front and backdrops cover edit.
    My request is simple, where Home Theater saves the data?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  2. sebastien.dst

sebastien.dst New Member

I found how to display the saved posters in a custom folder.
    You must allow the hidden files in the right sidebar options.
    The .HomeTheater folder will appear with three subfolders:
    • Backdrops
    • Cache
    • Posters
    If you delete the custom folder with all files and remove all sources, when you add these sources again, the posters still the same like before.
    If you want to edit all information for your posters, there is a solution.
    You must edit the database of your posters data.
    The database contains 16 main tables and you can edit all information.

[​IMG]

Example:

If you want, you can edit the path of your posters and backdrops with a new name for your .jpg
    • POSTER_PATH
    • BACKDROP_PATH
    You can customize the name of movies, the text description, the genre, the origin countrie of movies, the actors, the vote average and much more...
    • NAME
    • OVERVIEW
    • GENRES
    • ORIGIN_COUNTRIES
    • ACTORS
    • VOTE_AVERAGE
    An example of CAST_INFO table:

[​IMG]

The ID of website content
    • IMDB_ID
    • TMDB_ID
    The content and details of series
    • SEASONS
    • NUMBER_OF_SEASONS
    • NUMBER_OF_EPISODES
    You can also edit the video information.
    Because when you play for the first time a video, HomeTheater saves the resolution and frame rate and other information.
    For example MKV, BDISO, 4K and more. These information are saved on the VIDEO_INFO table.

All content displayed on your posters may be editable.
    I hope my research will help the Zidoo community.

gymnos likes this.
  3. Tony77

Tony77 Member

Can you tell me why HomeTheatre will ABSOLUTELY not save the selection to "SHOW FILE PATH" option which you can select in settings... No matter how many times I check the box, the file path is shown for THAT SESSION ONLY???? Upon reopening or even leaving the screen momentarily when you come back it no longer displays the FILE PATH... and sure enough if you look at the settings the box UNCHECKS itself????

what is going on here???

thank you?

4. sebastien.dst

sebastien.dst New Member

Hi Tony77,

I don't know if you are talking about the same option, but I have exactly the same effect.
    1. Settings
    2. Poster View
    3. Label and title:
    4. Show Path
    When I select "Show Path" everything works perfectly, but I have the same effect as you when I leave HomeTheater and I come back on HomeTheater dashboard.
    The function is automatically deactivated when you leave HomeTheater.
    I think it's a developer bug or just an option to quickly visualize the path of your files temporarily.

gymnos likes this.
  5. Cary Grant

Cary Grant New Member

Hi Sebastien

Thanks for this
    A Couple of questions

What file did you open? When I Look in my Custom folder I only see jpg and files with no extension. In my Backup folder there is .ztb file but it is not recognised in MS Access

So what file did you open and with program?

6. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

That is a very handy way to edit it. :)
    My X20 is equipped with two ssd's and I have all Hometheater files set to custom in the settings.
    I found the database for audio in Android\data\com.android.providers.media\databases on one of the discs. The file has an .db ending.
    you can edit the tables easily with sql studio or other database editors
    The one for video I don't know where to find...most likely one would need to root

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  7. myzidoo

Did anyone know where the hometheater database (seen above) can be found ?? @sebastien.dst didn't show up anymore. I would really appreciate to edit my wall directoly in the db now that backdrops are not really working.
    Is this from an X20 ?? available without rooting ??

8. So complex, but this is interesting

9. myzidoo

Finally found it. It is actually easy ! All you need to do is make a backup of your theater settings from the settings menu of the posterwall.
    -Start posterwall and navigate to settings>library>Backup&Reset.
    - Save the file to a location of your choice (preferably a location you can then access with your computer)
    - Then unzip your backup file (!don't forget that step)
    - once unzipped you will find a folder named databases > open it
    - you will then see the theater.db file

open the theater.db file in a database editing software of your choice and you have full direct editing abilities of your posterwall:)

Enjoy !

10. Harry Manback

Harry Manback New Member

Hello everybody, I'm a now a proud owner of a zidoo z10 for just a week.

I've managed to edit the systems databse, however I don't seem to get the system to load the database when I choose the option restore database in the settings menu of hometheater 2.0 I get an error message saying it is nog possible to restore the database.
    In hometheater I have choosen the option for a custom folder for my movie info. I make a backup of my database and copy this to my computer. Here I unzip the database and edit it. Now comes my question. How ou put you new version of the database back into the Z10. I've tried to zip the whole new database folder, rename it to zdb, that doesn't work. Tried to add the database.db file to the excisting zdb file, but that also didn't work. What I see is that in the zdb file the database files show up as \database.db. And when I put my version of the databse in de Zdb file is shows up as database.db, so without the "\"

Another question is how to add the sources that are nog recongnized to hometheater 2.0 with covers and backdrops. I have some movies on the system for my little kid, and he just looks at the covers (I used to have a wd tv live hub) and choses his favorite. Now he misses a lot of movies. IS there a way I can add them. For example using another source than tmdb or tvdb.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers.
    Kind Regards

11. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

I think the *.zip should be renamed *ztb not *.zdb

12. Harry Manback

Harry Manback New Member

Oops that was my error in typing. the zip file has the extension .ztb. I just can't seem to get the database back into the zip file in a correct way. in my zip file all files show up as \name.db but the file I have changed shows up as name.db I've added a screenshot below

upload_2019-10-20_16-27-56.png

13. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

I had no problem using this procedure:
    rename BACKUP-20191019-060053.ztb >BACKUP-20191019-060053.zip
    >extract BACKUP-20191019-060053.zip into directory BACKUP-20191019-060053
    > edit theater.db
    > compress directory BACKUP-20191019-060053 into BACKUP-20191019-060053.zip
    and
    rename BACKUP-20191019-060053.zip into BACKUP-20191019-060053.ztb

14. Harry Manback

Harry Manback New Member

I followed your method and it works like a charm. Thank you very much.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my movies that aren't automaticly recognised in the posterwal with covers and backdrops.

15. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

As I have installed ZMBC in the meantime because I prefer the Movie Wall and Scraping options I cant really help you.

16. myzidoo

dunno if this helps :
    This way of editing is my last way of editing for details and problems.
    Normally you use the web gui for editing. Just browse to your zidoo and add port 9528.

http://[your zidoo's ip]:9528
    then under movie you can easily edit and add posters

that's the regular way to do it...above mentioned "database" editing is the exeption

17. sebastien.dst

sebastien.dst New Member

Hi everyone, sorry for this long absence.
    Thanks to myzidoo for answering.
    I am very sorry I was not able to take part for helping you but I think the messages went in spams of my mail...
    If you have other questions, I will be there to help.

Just a precision that comes to mind.
    Warning to the ergonomics of the .ztb archive between the factory version and last.
    It's completely different and you can crash Home Theater by importing a last archive to old version.
    Exemple if you flash your zidoo box, don't import a v2.2.96 save to factory version!
    Please verify ergonomy and look the .ztb archive.

I think the ergonomics has changed in version v2.2.82 but thanks to check.

18. Harry Manback

Harry Manback New Member

Adding posters by making use of the web gui works for me. I have managed te add a lot of movies. Now I have another question. I would like my player to start every movie with the aspect ratio on full. I've gone through all the settings but a can;t find a setting that handles this "issue".