Zidoo X6 Guidelines.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by cyber7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

Good morning everybody from Sunny South Africa.

English Guidelines Link:
    UPDATE: 11/03/2016 - I have updated the procedure how to get the Zidoo X6 into LOADER mode.
    UPDATE: 11/03/2016 - I have added a Generic Driver to the downloads as my driver kept disappearing in Windows 10. This Generic Driver just works better in Windows 10.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have taken it upon myself to write a blog entry on how to update the Zidoo X6. This is an English guideline for the Zidoo developers and how I would like to see all future releases of firmware.

The concise nature of the upgrade instructions need to be clear, to the point and never be taken through Google translation, as it makes for difficult reading.

Please note, although this Blog entry is complete, I do not want to take anything away from Zidoo or the Zidoo team's awesome effort. This is rather a guideline for future releases, so that everything is always on one Blog entry or page.

I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes as this is done only with the best intentions.

kind regards

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Siam Wahid, kakak and Rene Veen like this.
  2. Rene Veen

Rene Veen Member

This is a good start, all firmware versions in 1 place, clear instructions on how to upgrade, and maybe downgrade.This will help a lot of people.
    If Zidoo developpers make a clear changelog and a sort of roadmap on what problems they are working on. What issues are essentials and what issues are considered wishes will make it clear for people what to expect from Zidoo development..

Siam Wahid and cyber7 like this.
  3. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

look into one of my december postings - i gave a longer guideline to zidoo, as ich am experienced in some other parts where i am or had been beta tester
    what a pitty nothing happened until now
    greets from a little cold germany :)

Siam Wahid and Anton Bernd like this.
  4. spring

spring Guest

thanks a lot!
    we are making guidelines, and want to change some thing, for ourself, for everybody to use the android box easily, even our english is not very good.
    at the same time, we welcome everybody to correct our English.

5. cyber7

@spring
    I seriously do not mind if you would like to use me to assist in writing English Technical Documentation. I know and understand that the language could be a difficult thing, but then I do write a lot of English Technical Guidelines, so I really know my stuff.

Some of the pages I wrote includes: Kodi upgrade and installation pages, OpenELEC RPi installation guidelines, my own blog (in my signature) and various others... So, use me if you want, I can only try to assist as you need.

6. cyber7

Updated

7. Rene Veen

Rene Veen Member

Can we make this topic a sticky, so it stays on top?

8. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Looks great, just one suggestion. The .33 rar factory image you mention at the outset is probably the one most users will want for a 'fresh start'. So you might consider adding a note to say that the procedure outlined in section 5 with the .19 img file is only retained for compatibility with existing Zidoo Support Tutorials and that it should be considered depricated, unless a user encounters a problem with the .33 firmware and wishes rollback and use one of the Zidoo Support pre-.33 versions that are only available as OTA upgrades to the .19 factory .img file.

cyber7 likes this.
  9. cyber7

Hi @Harlan
    I have added this as a footnote to the release. Thank you, it will make better sense to new users.

10. Keith Williams

Keith Williams New Member

My original firmware was .27 which came rooted. I have since OTA progressively to .35 unfortunately. I am going to use the flash as described in the tutorial using .33 as my "original". I do however have a couple of questions: What data will I lose. At what stage will it be safe to release the reset button during the flashing stage.
    Am I right in assuming that Android rooting causes a new partition which flashing/updating does not remove and therefore the box is detected as rooted by premium apps but root access and recovery etc. are not functioning.
    If I reset my box before flashing will I get back to .27 or the latest installed version, (.35)

11. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

You will loose all of your settings and data. There is no new partition in .33, just a bunch of orphaned Busybox and SuperSU files that make your box appear rooted, although it's really not. In fact, you won't be able to remount the system partitions in read/write mode to delete them, until you actually do properly root your box. I discussed that process here.http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/procedure-root-unroot-for-x6.537/#post-9053

All you need to accomplish that on .35 is a new OneKeyRoot.apk from Zidoo, but the existing version works on .33 (although it leaves your system in need of an immediate download and cleanup of the SuperSU.apk and orphaned files in preparation for a reboot and reinstall). Then you'll need to install and uninstall Busybox/Busybox Pro, and run a SuperSU full unroot.

If you install the .34 OTA update, those orphaned read-only files will reappear, and you'll need to do it all over again. So there's no need to clean-up .33 if you are planning on upgrading to .34.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  12. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

My box came with the 1.0.33 firmware. Is it easy to update to 1.0.36?

13. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

14. spring

spring Guest

yes!

15. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

You really did a great job.
    I want to contact you. can you add my skype: freeroc
    Please talk with me about how to help assist our documental works.

cyber7 likes this.
  16. cyber7

17. Staffie85

Staffie85 New Member

Thank you cyber7 and everyone who inputted on this thread as its really helped me out :)

18. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

hi,

thanks for the tutorial!

since i did a local upgrade with the new 33er .. and my zx6 pro is useless for streaming sources i will want to do a fresh install ...

one question though: i read in another topic that you fixed any issues with the advanced-something xml (?) .. (or am i wrong and it just works for you without it?)
    however, would it be possible to integrate where to find and how to add this xml to a the box?

cheers
    speedy

19. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

You create and/or edit/save an advancedsettings.xml file directly using an app, like the text editor built into ESFile Manager. Just navigate to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ With the ES File Manager you select the + plus sign on the tool bar and select new file and the ES Text Editor from the popup dialog. There are a number of things it can be used for. See http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml

One of those is to set an audio offset for the native video player by pasting and saving this entry:
    <advancedsettings>
    <video>
    <latency>
    <delay>-250</delay>
    </latency>
    </video>
    </advancedsettings>

stefan-ott likes this.
  20. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

thanks for the answer .. :)
    at the end maybe it should be added to the tutorial? :)

and another question: is there a Zidoo X6 Flash Image (V1.0.36)?
    kind of want a proper fresh start :)