ZDMC(base on kodi 16.0 final)release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by spring, Feb 26, 2016.

1. spring

spring Guest

Hi all:
    now we are release the ZDMC, base on kodi 16.0 final release.
    because of the kodi team did not allow the brands to use the kodi logo, kodi name, so we change the logo and app name.
    download link: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/kodi/zdmc-x6-16.0.rar

please discuss the 16.0 final version in this thread!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016
    Rene Veen and neamielu like this.
  2. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

LOVE IT! I am so disappointed in KODI and the way the developers are running the (tm) into the ground. ZDMC is a good name and I think you should also start using ZODI to make it a clearer picture that it is based on KODI.

kind regards
    cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers, Cape Town, South Africa)
    ps - Still waiting for my delivery of the X6, almost a month later! Geekbuying is not the fastest way to get anything to the furthest Southern point of Africa!

3. cyber7

ps - Z-Kodi could also work - STICK it to them...

4. spring

spring Guest

thanks, we will consider this idea.

5. neamielu

neamielu Member

Just installed it and looks fine, runs smoothly, no dependencies problem so far, all fine for now, thanks a bunch!

6. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

i do not know if this is a good decision - we will see it ...

some questions on this before i install it:
    - can i install and use this app parallel to the existing KODI-App?
    - can i use a backup from "old kodi-version" from the last firmware and bring it to this app?
    - is this version compatible to the add-ons of KODI?

7. spring

spring Guest

Hi, of course it can upgrade directly, and it can compatible to the add-ons of KODI.

8. grummel2005

sorry spring ... thats not an answer to my questions

some questions on this before i install it:
    - can i install and use this app parallel (!!!!) to the existing KODI-App?
    - can i use a backup (!!!!) from "old kodi-version" from the last firmware and bring it to this app?

9. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    if you install the ZDMC directly, it will replace the kodi, and the data will be there.
    - can i use a backup (!!!!) from "old kodi-version" from the last firmware and bring it to this app?
    --yes

10. neamielu

neamielu Member

@grummel2005 you cannot install any app in 2 different versions in android..
    and also you won't be able to uninstall kodi 16 to roll-back to actual version, if this is your concern.
    nevertheless, a hardware reset will put back the actual version which came with latest firmware..
    as for the backup there are severals plugins for this.
    but, anyway, I was installing this version and nothing disappeared, all settings are there as well as personalization. nothing to loose, go for it!

spring likes this.
  11. fdishy

fdishy Member

Is this why the official Kodi 16.0 final will not work on my X6 Pro?

12. spring

spring Guest

it can work, but it have not true HD, dts HD

13. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

If you want use the official version kodi,must uninstall preinstall kodi first

14. tienlequoc

tienlequoc Member

What about new firmware? When it release???

15. grummel2005

you are right if kodi and zdmc are the same app, but they stated here that they changed the name, so it should be possible to use ZDMC (from zidoo) AND KODI out of google play now because of different names

and of cause you can use the "same app", if the name of the app is different - you can have e.g. on the same system:
    - kodi
    - spmc
    - xbmc

as they statet here the name is changed - so data should with this new app in different foldes in android - or is this folder now named ZDMC? it should be!

i am asking not only out of a joke
    i am a branded child on this here and do not want to install everything new

16. neamielu

neamielu Member

this it is an altered version of kodi, self branded, since kodi developers are not willing to give away the logo and name if their app is modified, nor adopting the hw support for this bloody RK processor.. maybe we shall blame kodi for this.
    so.. this is the same app (updated, of course) as the one installed on tv box, since the installer, once you lunch it, DOES NOT ask if you want to install a new software, on the contrary, it is asking if you want to UPDATE the existing one.
    I hope this answer your doubt. Install it fearless, it won't affect any of your settings.

17. cyber7

nice159 and Rene Veen like this.
  18. grummel2005

you are our hero cyber7!

cyber7 likes this.
  19. grummel2005

what are the changes between KODI 16 rc1 and the new ZDMC 16?

20. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Wasn't previous Zidoo Kodi, Kodi 16 beta 4?
    You can click on tag then tags again to select eg. Jarvis beta 4 and see last date commits was made then select Jarvis 16.0 and search back to that date, everything from then to the latest commit are all the changes in that build
    https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/16.0-Jarvis
    Then Zidoo added another 4 commits of their own from here - https://github.com/zidootech/zidoo-kodi-15.1/commits/zidoo-rk3368-16.0b4
    So all those hundreds of commits are all the changes.