How to install addons in Kodi

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by cineclub, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Andrea

Andrea New Member

Hi, any suggestion?
    still not able to install some addons...really weird behaviour...

2. spring

spring Guest

i have no ideal yet, maybe you can take a pictrue to me.

3. Andrea

Andrea New Member

Few minutes ago I've found this and that's exactly what's happening to me...gonna try this evening to fix it.

4. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Installing addons have a problem the last few days because of release of Kodi 16 final.
    Kodi's servers are a bit overloaded.
    Just to let everyone know.

5. Andrea

Andrea New Member

uh, that's a good point!

6. Andrea

Andrea New Member

tried the fix and it actually fixes the "nothing happens" during the download issue...now I've a second issue that is "installation failed"; I mean, donwload of the addon apparently starts but id doesn't reach even the 1% that i receive this error message "installation failed". Any idea for this?

the errore message can be also "failed to install" since I was just translating from the italian message "installazione fallita"

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  7. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Also Kodi servers that are overloaded.
    Lots of plugins also have problems with Kodi 16 and are not compatible, the developers will have to update their plugins.
    Try reinstalling Kodi 15.2 and see if it works or you can try clearing the cache of Kodi in Android Settings.

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

... or install the "debug" 16 RC4 version released as standalone by Zidoo. This one handle all plugins I've tried.
    Use search inside forum to find it.

9. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

no search results on "debug 16 rc4" :(

Anton Bernd likes this.
  10. PacoRabanne

11. grummel2005

thats NOT what you promised us
    you told us anything about "KODI 16 RC4 Debug Version"
    and now you are giving us an old link, where RC4 did not even had exist :(

Anton Bernd likes this.
  12. PacoRabanne

I don't promise anything. I'm not a Zidoo developer, I'm an user as you (please, keep this firmly in your mind).
    I try to help other users, if I think so.
    Unluckily Zidoo is not always quick to give answer to user questions...
    May be I remeber wrong, anyway (as you must remeber because you had actively partecipated to the discussion linked above), with that version plugins/addons problems were resolved.

To avoid any other misunderstanding, I hope spring will give us last words.

13. grummel2005

of cause you promised this :)

i did searched inside forum and did NOT find this version you mentioned
    please give me the link to this - maybe via pm
    thx

Anton Bernd likes this.
  14. PacoRabanne

Sorry for my mistakes, grummel2005, the one linked above in my post is the first (and AFAIK, the only one distributed standalone by Zidoo) that solved addon/plugin problems to me. I don't remember which release was. Maybe not 16 RC4. It doesn't care to me...
    Currently, even after upgrades up to FW 1.0.32, on my X6 Kodi addons/plugins continue to work... with other problems like stuttering and hiccups....

I hope that Zidoo release a better FW version soon. Or, while we wait for FW, a new Zidoo Kodi version.

15. grummel2005

please do in future me a favour and give infos a little more carefully
    i think not only i by myself looked a long time thru this forum and did some searches on your hint "debug 16 RC4"
    i hope you understand which confusion you did here :)

Anton Bernd likes this.
  16. nice159

nice159 Active Member

You and your annoying habits. I think that everybody here knows that @PacoRabanne is really great guy and very helpful here.

Staffie85 and PacoRabanne like this.
  17. cobra78

cobra78 Member

I think grummel2005 needs to get an Nvidia Shield and sell all his Zidoo X6's because he complains so much and nothing is ever right.
    Then Zidoo can use all the time used to answer his questions to improve firmware for other users that appreciate it.

Staffie85 and nice159 like this.
  18. grummel2005

maybe you work for zidoo :)
    this is a forum from zidoo
    when i have problems with the device i only can put it here
    when faults are not repaired i have to think then on it - again and again and again
    and most of the problems are diskussed in german forums as well
    oki?

do you give me the money for 11 NVIDIA Shields?

Anton Bernd likes this.
  19. Shocker

Shocker New Member

Hello @grummel2005, i know this is an old post can you share with me how you can remove the zdmc(kodi) so i can get the kodi from google play? i notice that this zdmc is very buggy with audio lag and a lot of errors that pop up. please keep in mind that zidoo is very new to me so i am unsure of where all files are located. thanx in advance

20. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

Does the video on zdmc work smoothly on the x6 pro? I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me. Sometimes it appears smooth, sometimes not smooth. I came from a pure Linux amlogic s802 box which kodi works perfectly on.
    Must be me being tired.
    UPDATE: xdmc 16.1 gives smooth playback. Still have to set Audio offset ahead by 0.250 seconds. Before it used to crash if I left RK Video Codec acceleration on, it now is working good.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016