RELEASE New firmware v1.0.4.2 for ZIDOO X9 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by warren_wh, Dec 24, 2015.

1. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
  2. papiguy

papiguy Member

The (Development Team) Force awakens for Christmas ! And as a gift the system works :)

3. xentor33

xentor33 New Member

Where is the firmware?Link is ....?

Regards,

4. xentor33

xentor33 New Member

5. xentor33

xentor33 New Member

Zidoo player:
    -sound ok,video ok
    -no encoding subtitles for Central Europe and other countries from Europe.
    Jarvis:
    -subtitle,video,sound PCM ok
    -no passtrough

It's like you change only the version number,from 1.0.4.1.to this.
    It's good to have a firmware copy.

Regards,

6. rade

rade New Member

I bought my Zidoo X9 with 1.0.3.8 installed. When I check for an update over the internet with the Zidoo x9 system icon, it says I have the latest version. This is not true. 1.0.3.9 and 1.0.4.2 are both out. I assume they are official as you list them on this site. Why are they not available to me using the over air update through the internet? Is there something wrong with my x9 that I am not seeing them? What is the purpose of this update feature if it is not giving the latest version? Or is it that these updates are not fully proved out and are beta release. Please make it easier for us, I prefer the internet method through the x9 rather than mess with USB drives and possible copying error? Thank you

Asif Abdul Khader likes this.
  7. xentor33

xentor33 New Member

The link posted by warren_wh,are not valid,from the first time.Why don't you remove,or post the correct link?
    -encoding subtitle 1250,unicode.for Zidoo media center?
    -passtrough for KODI?
    With every Jarvis "Nightly build" of KODI,player become better and better,HEVC 1080@10 bit, flawless.
    Maybe you got the time to give some answers.

Regards,

8. Dexos

Dexos New Member

i have noticed stability issues wih 1.0.4.2. The issue appears to be related to bluetooth. I have disabled Bluetooth and the problem appears to have gone away

9. papiguy

papiguy Member

Did you try enabling again bluetooth ?

10. Dexos

Dexos New Member

i will enable and confirm if i experience again. i dont use wireless as a client with the zidoo. i use zidoo as living room hotspot. {mention only for a bit more context as to how i use this great device!}

11. Mohammed

Mohammed New Member

the firmware link is exteremly slow , kindly please provide another link or fix the problem with it !

12. papiguy

papiguy Member

13. Mohammed

Mohammed New Member

Thanks for your reply , I tried this one but its too slow ! and the download stops and not completing !

the download speed not exeed 6 kb\s , its too difficult to download .

14. papiguy

papiguy Member

I tried this link before sending my answer and the download started immediately and was quite fast considering the bad quality of my connexion to internet (now, another test showed 10 mn for downloading 444 Mb, ie 740 Kb/s).
    The problem seems to be your network. Try again several times as the download speed rate may deeply change depending on the path between your location and the chineese server, the time and the traffic.

15. Mohammed

Mohammed New Member

thanks dear , i couldnt know the problem,

anyway I got an external link, its was very fast, and I already update my device

thank you for your support .

16. Taslim

Taslim New Member

If there is a new firmware 1.0.4.2 then why when I goto On line Update in settings does it say the current firmware is 1.0.4.1 and when I click Online Update it says "You have got the latests version"?

17. Taslim

Taslim New Member

Will this firmware disable the A/V port? It says in the instructions

"The following Flashing Process is about ZIDOO X9, attaching ZIDOO X9 TV BOX:
    First, do some preparation:
    A ZIDOO X9 TV BOX, one HDMI cable, A TV set "

Why does it say "HDMI cable, A TV set" but not HDMI cable or a A/V cable A TV set? What about people that don't have a HD TV?

18. Taslim

Taslim New Member

So where is the Navigation Bar? I don't see any navigation bar anywhere on the screen even when I connect a Bluetooth device. There has always been a navigation bar at the bottom of the screen in 1.0.4.1 if you move the mouse down past the bottom and click and drag up.

19. Taslim

Taslim New Member

Where can I download 1.0.4.1?
    After installing 1.0.4.2 The Weather App no longer works it gets stuck on loading the weather information for all my save cities and shows the temperature for the last time it was updated which is several weeks ago. Also I can no longer power it off via the Air-mouse Standby Power Button, I have to use the Power Button on the original remote or the button on my Air Mouse Remote I taught the Power Button IR Signal to.

20. Dexos

Dexos New Member

When are we expected to receive our next update on the X9 Zidoo?

Part of owning this devices is the anticipation of the next revision. Also wondering if there is a roadmap to Android 5.1 or newer.

Stil love this X9