New firmware v1.7.8 beta version for ZIDOO X20 released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by zidoo, Oct 10, 2018.

1. zidoo

zidoo Member SUPER Administrator

Update list:

System
    1.Fixed problems with green bars at the bottom of some specially coded MKV video playback
    2. Increased the optical drive function
    - Support CD/DVD/BD SATA and USB optical drive
    - Add an optical drive device to the file manager left device list when there is optical drive access. The content area can display multiple optical drives and support volume label, and the menu key can be used to operate the current optical drive
    - Support for un-encrypted DVD/BD playback, support for Blu-ray and DVD navigation, and any file supported by player stored in the optical disk
    3.Upgrade to Android 7.1

Shortcut settings
    1. Play Settings - function keys - up and down keys - add the option of adjusting subtitle position
    2. Optimize resolution display
    3. Play Settings - function key - subtitle audio key - default select list mode
    4. Add openwrt reset function
    5. Add HDR to SDR color parameter adjustment

File manager
    1. Fixed problems caused by unresponsiveness of applications due to emergent access to NFS
    2. Added the function of video play record. The viewed video will be displayed on the right
    3. Added the optical drive list function
    4. Added AIF music support
    5. Added hard disk size display

Local player
    1. New UI display
    2. Increased multiple proportions (4:3,16:9, original size)
    3. Optimized video information display
    4. Added the function of setting up the upper and lower keys to adjust the subtitle position (change the setting in the shortcut setting)
    5. Added startup to display video name
    6. Added up key to the pause interface to cancel information display (information can be displayed when the player's advanced Settings are closed)
    7. The subtitle audio list interface selects the current item by default
    8. Fixed the subtitle problem in the subtitle download interface
    9. Optimized the subtitle download interface display
    10. Added random playback mode
    11. Added and delete single video subtitle function
    12. Record the proportion of single video play
    13. Add DVD resume playback function
    14. Optimize the saving mechanism of single video subtitle
    15. Added output parameter display in the information interface
    16. The progress bar increases the remaining time display
    17.Optimize the automatic switching function of 1080i resolution

Wall Poster
    1. Fixed the problem that video with demo cannot enter the poster wall through file manager
    2. Fixed the problem of rematch interface to add episodes without input number error

Blu-ray navigation
    1. Added resume playback function (synchronize playing record with local player)
    2. Optimize the saving mechanism of single video subtitle
    3. Fixed the problem that the idol progress bar does not show
    4. Fixed the problem that part of video cannot display external subtitles
    5. Fixed part of the navigation failure problem

Music player 3.0
    1. Modified the original layout of music player 3.0, separate the music list and play interface, and put the play panel at the bottom to restore the user's customary operation mode.
    The control is optimized according to the box characteristics
    2. New categories are added by artist and by album. Now the playlist is divided into 6 categories: collection, all songs, artist, album, song list and folder.
    3. New song categories by genre can be viewed in all songs
    4. New artist categories by region can be found in the list of artists
    5. Added a new song list system, and users can classify and store the songs according to their favorite ways
    6. Play details is now a separate interface where song information, file information and lyrics are displayed
    7. New sorting function
    8. New view switch function, grid view and list view, artist classification and unique poster wall view
    9. New search function, and support song, artist, album classification search, and can edit every element found
    10. Optimized the effect of the lyrics, and the lyrics display is accurately positioned to word by word, so that the lyrics display is more accurate
    11. Support for new transliteration lyrics and translation lyrics
    Optimize lyrics search, now mainstream songs can be searched basically
    13. New manual lyrics search function is added, and the lyrics effect of search results can be previewed, so that users can choose the most suitable lyrics according to the effect
    14. Now the folders added by the user will be uniformly placed in the folder category of the music list for easy editing of the folders
    15. Optimized the original scanning mode. Now the song scanning will be carried out in the background and the songs will be updated dynamically
    16. You can see the progress of the scan in the folder list in the scan and stop the scan at any time
    17. Now, when scanned the CD image file music or the FLAC,APE and WAV files with CUE, the single is directly parsed and the single is matched for song, the image file is matched for album, and then classified into different lists
    18. The resolved singles will be put in all the songs like regular music, and will also be put in the corresponding album according to the song information matched
    The CD's mirror image matches the album to be placed on the album list, and the album contains the complete singles that are parsed from the file
    The folders of mirrored songs will only show mirrored files as files, and the playback will play all the songs in the files from beginning to end.
    21. Added a play queue. When the user clicks the list song for playing, the playlist will be automatically added to the list where the song is.
    The play queue also provides all added songs and all favorites/unfavorites, as well as the ability to edit or move a single song from the list
    22. The control of the mobile phone follows the original layout and operation mode, which is consistent with the function and previous version
    23. Supports APE/FLAC/WAV/AIF/DTSCD/MP3 / SACD ISO/DFF/DSF file playback, support for the DSD file decoding the highest sampling rate of 192 Khz, DSF file decoding the highest sampling rate 174.6 Khz

Openwrt
    1. Added NFS SERVER function
    2. Added SMB, NFS SERVER permission management
    3. Optimization interface, now there is a simple configuration interface
    4. Optimized Transmission,Aria2 startup script, no need to add SLEEP parameters now
    5. There will be repeated problems in optimizing device mount

model: ZIDOO_X20
    version: v1.7.8
    download: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X20/v1.7.8/ZIDOO_X20_N_v1.7.8_201810081410_ota-package.zip
    md5: F18B46483A773194C105EA17A4B17635
    Update style:0TA

How to upgrade

We also release a google play kit for X20,For install it the firmware version above V1.7.8 is necessary
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/GappsInstaller-rtk-7.1_v1.2.1.apk

2. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

After upgrading to 1.7.8 beta and installing the Play Kit apk the Rooting of the box does not work anymore.

When trying to root again onekeyroot displays "root fail" message.
    Anybody else here having the same Problem or (even better) a solution for this??

3. rkann

rkann Member

This is not true.
    Only 4:3 function is working. The functions "full screen" and "16:9" doesn't work.
    AND it's still impossible to enlarge the image when watching movies (first of all 4K and 3D movies) to avoid black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

So, when will be the new firmware for X20 with the option of the zoom of the image (no matter the name of function - or "aspect ratio" or "zoom", or "+/-")?

How many weeks or months or maybe years need to wait when Zidoo fix this bug of its firmware?!!

4. rkann
    It works on mine. No problem full screen/ 16.9/4,3/original

5. rkann

rkann Member

I tested on blu-ray, 4k, 3d movies - the screen changes on 4:3 position only. Doesn't work...

6. noki

noki New Member

Hello. Have you ever updated the new firmware 1.7.8? Did not you freeze X20 at start? How satisfied are you? How do I install it?

7. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@noki:
    yes
    no
    unhappy as with this FW Rooting of the box is not possible anymore
    read the "How to upgrade"

8. noki

noki New Member

Hello. That's why I ask because you wrote that you dake trouble

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Using the GappsInstaller-rtk-7.1_v1.2.1.apk Google Play services are installed but it is not really fully compatible. To be precise I am doing so on my Z9S, but doubt if it makes any difference.

For streaming APP's I get not only the warning that it is not fully compatible but also videos refuse to play including the most relevant Dutch services like NOS/NPO (Dutch national TV). These do run on my Smart Android TV and Smart Phone without a hitch.

10. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Performance of the media player is really bad when playing BD and UHD Iso´s and BDMV´s. Picture and Audio have counbtinuous interuptions.

The same files under the same conditions (SMB, NAS via GBit LAN) were played by the x10 without any hickups.

Pls improve!!!

11. skelton

skelton Member

Yes, i have updated and everything works fine for me. No freezes at start.
    Download the zip, put it on a USB stick and plug it into the player. Choose local update and locate the zip. Press update when asked. Done!

12. noki

noki New Member

And do not need to press reset at the back?

13. noki
    NO Not nessesary

14. rkann

rkann Member

It is absolutely dead and useless function. It works on rips (720, 1080 p only), not working with Blu-Ray, 4K and 3d movies, there is work 4:3 only.

But it’s impossible to understand why Zidoo added these options because of they work as stretching only. As a result, we have the image with unnatural proportions.

Still no scaling, still impossible to enlarge the image when watching movies (first of all 4K and 3D movies) to avoid black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

So, I repeat my questions to Ziddo - when will be the new firmware for X20 with the option of the zoom of the image (no matter the name of function - or "aspect ratio" or "zoom", or "+/-")?
    How many weeks or months or maybe years need to wait when Zidoo fix this bug of its firmware?

Dear Zidoo, just mention the exact, true date!!!

15. tlpaltis

tlpaltis New Member

after Updated firmware v.1.7.8 with problems can not signal on TV Want to return to v.1.2.28 have a method or is there a way to reset it?

16. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@tipaltis: As Zidoo has still not issued any full imgage firmwares for flashing the x20 you are stuck on the latest installed Firmware.

To my Knowledge there is no way to go back via OTA Updates. I would reecoment you contact the Zidoo Support directly and ask for a Flash Image of the latest stable FW. The more People ask, the better the chances...

17. tlpaltis

tlpaltis New Member

thank you @Reelyator ..

18. noki

noki New Member

Well, it finally broadcasts a new firmware. Is it stable? If he had a problem with the X20 and no picture on the TV. Returning back with the predecessor firm?

19. skelton

skelton Member

Yes, it’s stable. Usually, when there is no image on display or lost image, i always recommend swapping the HDMI cable and see it that helps. Could be some handshaking issues too so try a restart of all devices in the chain.

20. skelton

skelton Member

If you followed the instructions and saw that the player updated without any errors, then i don’t think it’s the update causing your problem. Have you tried changing the HDMI cable?
    And have you tried unplugging all of your devices and then powering them up again?

From my experience, this type of problem are almost always related to HDMI cables or handshaking issues.