New firmware v2.1.14 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released(Music 3.0 upgrade to 3.1.8)

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by zidoo, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@burton
    Never seen 20 fps which is a very strange value anyway.
    Have many movies from the 40's and 50's as I like Film Noir specifically.

Kiss me kate fragment is NTSC and plays at 59,98 fps (as reported by my AMP mid chain).
    Also Zidoo reports the same frame-rate as output (when pausing pressing OK).:)

Nice movie but prefer my 3D-BD 1:1 version (yes real 3D from 1953) ;)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    burton likes this.
  2. burton

burton Member

i think that we must watch the same movies!Many film noirs of mine like criss cross has the same problem.
    On kiss me kate zidoo reports on pause : Video resolution 20fps and output 60hz!and of course it stutters!
    On which firmware are you. Although i had the same problem on older fw as well.....

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  3. Nice Monkey

I am on v1.7.7 with Z9S and v2.1.14 with X9S which are identical except the OS version.

Indeed Criss Cross is also in my collection but also that one is a BD by now (6x DVD in Film Noir left only)

4. burton

burton Member

I dont know why it says 20fps video resolution maybe cuase they are interlaced.Dune base 3d also plays them at 60 fps but they do not microstutter at all.
    With zidoo i can clearly see microstutter.May be zidoo should implement a deinterlace method like dune has (bob interlace)......
    I am not an expert on that but i clearly see the microstutter......

5. perd

perd New Member Beta test group

Yes, there is no any folder navigation on Music 3.0 player, for now!
    This must added to the next version, because it is necessary to the large collections.
    Also, there is a limited browsing at the artist, albums but the software is Alpha still.

Another issue that I can't solve it, is the USB Audio Streaming, is doesn't works with any fw version and there is no any sound via usb on my dac, only from spdif optical output. From the other hand, software like USB Audio Pro works fine and send the audio via USB to my dac.

6. Nice Monkey

Oh yes. To play DVD I set output to 1080P and the TV upscales that again to 4K as Zidoo does not a good job outputting DVD at 4K. No idea why?

For BD there is not such a big difference who does the upscaling.

7. Stephane

Stephane New Member

Hi,

You are fixed X265 mkv video range hdmi for setup tv limited.

But if setup tv full range and zidoo, x265 1080 mkv content work fine except for 2160 HDR.

8. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

You’ll run into issues if you have TV range set to full. All movies are mastered in limited range. Full range is for PCs and video games.

9. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

And HDR contents?

10. Koloss

Koloss Member

Video player in "German" language:
    Please fix the "Video information" content view the last line is cutted. In the 2nd "Video information" box the button "more" is same cutted. This is not beatiful !

The old GUI was modern, the new is to old style

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  11. Stephane

Stephane New Member

Yes only all 4k HDR, 1080 SDR work fine.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  12. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

Have anyone experienced a serious sound delay between 250 and 300 Ms ?

I have had to adjust that delay manually in the receiver. It seems too much. It happens with native player with almost any kind of file I've tested. Mostly mkv and Avi. With different AC3 and DTS codecs.

I thought it was corrected in previous firmware releases or it was due to some files, not general.

Anyone more with this issue ?

13. JohnS

JohnS Member

No, i never had any delay with any firmware (over optical spdif) . Are you sure its not your setup?

14. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

I'm using HDMI to make use of the losless formats. And the delay is there. Never experienced it through ARC or through my HTPC.

15. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I can confirm this, needs to be fixed in the next version.

16. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

No delay for me. Are using a Denon amplifier? I’ve seen a few complaints with other media players in regards to having to tweak audio delay. They all seem to be denon users. I had a similar problem when I had a denon receiver.. it was related to how they handled 24p content.

Gedeon likes this.
  17. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

I have a Marantz SR6012 which shares with Denon most internal components. It certainly could explain, a bit, the issue. But I don't experience any lipsync delay with my HTPC or my old DVD with HDMI as sources...

Only Zidoo triggers that behaviour.

18. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Same problem with me. DVD player and Apple TV worked flawlessly but had to disable 24p when trying to playback 3D Blu-Ray on my PS4. Problems went away when I upgraded to a Sony receiver. I’d check AV Forum to see if other people have seen similar issues. It might be a simple as disabling something on the receiver.

Gedeon likes this.
  19. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

I certainly would go back to my HTPC instead of replacing the AVR. I'll check the options but the problem is in Zidoo's field. This isn't a new issue:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291943&page=32

And if anyone is interested some files can be found here to check the lipsync:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Lip_Sync

https://editorsean.com/articles/audio-video-sync-alignment-latency-test/

20. garu.386

garu.386 New Member

With the two latest builds I keep getting error message "Not enough space to upgrade, please delete some files" when I try to perform update using USB update method (which is I suppose the only possible way to do an update). I really don't know what to delete from the system as my device is practically empty.
    Issue was reported also by some other users.

Please, can someone provide some solution (that is not factory reset) for the described issue as I'm not able anymore to perform an update.

Thanks