Still having frame drops/stuttering with all my movies!

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by ursiel, Oct 4, 2018.

1. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

My x10 is still having tons of frame drops/stuttering while watching movies directly from a USB 3.0 thumb drive. We were told the new firmware fixed the frame stutters but that is simply not true.

Menu is set to 1080p@60Hz. I output my blu-rays in 1080p with 23.976 enabled. Automatic frame rate is set to "switch frame rate only", since I let my TV upscale. 12bit/YCbCr 422, 16-235 range. I've also tried YCbCr 444, and it still stutters regularly throughout the movies I watch. They are microstutters/frame drops, but they drive me nuts because I can see when it happens.

I have lost all hope that they will solve this stuttering issue. I have discussed it for moths as other have. Can we please hear something back about this? Why did you tell us the frame drops were fixed when they weren't?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

give me one of your movies names as sample
    did you try other usb or external hdd ? ( what thumb drive do you have ?)

3. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Lol, it's every single movie I play. Every. Single. One. Every rip. Every remux. Every ISO. Every BD folder. Every single 23.976 file I play has frame drops seemingly every few minutes throughout.

People can argue all they want whether they see it or not, but it's confirmed in the Dune thread that their 4k pro has the same exact frame drops as this player. Whether some people can't see it or not doesn't matter. It's there and some are sensitive enough to see it.

It has nothing to do with the thumb drive I'm using, which is a USB 3.0 128GB thumb drive. That thumb drive has no issues in my other media players.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

zdmc or home theater 2.0?

5. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I only use the built-in "Media Center" player. I never use zdmc or Home Theatre 2.0.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

how about you test them ?

DELUCAS likes this.
  7. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Seriously?

How about Zidoo fixes Media Center?

I tested ZDMC months ago. I have been all through this with both the X9s and now the x10. It does not fit my needs.

ZDMC does not support things properly for my playback needs, like HDMA sound, 3D, HDR, etc.

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

ok, then i'm not wasting more time on this. good luck :)

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Why dont you use H.T.v2 ?

I use H.T.v2 and dont have any issues apart from one seriously movie stutter ......
    But that was down to an iffy small mkv file .
    Out of 298 Movies .

Use H.T.v2 as thats what it was made for and supports .

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Dropped or doubled frames are within the Zidoo hardware player. The same player with identical issues will be started from HT 2.0, Media Browser or ZDMC. It appears to be 23.98Hz related issue and cycling roughly every 5 min. I captured the issue in slow motion on HD and 4K film material.
    Full article here.
    I don't really see it in 3D MVC files but I'm not too sure anymore. Maybe it's my high frame interpolation setting with 3D masking it or maybe it's not there with MVC files.

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you should make a separate topic about that and i will pin it , hopefully zidoo will respond on it that way

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@HaoSs I got it in new thread HERE. What do you think? Let me know if want some corrections.
    Everybody is effected by this issue whether they see it or not. Even @hdmkv confirmed and agreed here and here :)