Z9S and Z10 with detailed specifications and many pictures

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Nice Monkey, Sep 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

That is the equivalent of X20 Pro (announced but never launched), in fact looking like a clone.
    The one on Futeko is a X9S equivalent (almost a clone).

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Thats right they had Dune 4K Pro the enhanced 1295 chipset with Bluetooth 4.2 and better memory .

Theres so many boxes out now .

3. rickavmaniac

rickavmaniac New Member

Could you tell us more about the picture quality improvment you see? That could be a good reason to upgrade...

4. Nice Monkey

A bit of patience here. Need to watch a lot more in different source video formats and qualities first.

But it offers for HDR as choices now:
    - AUTO: HDR is used when available on the TV and on the 4K/HDR source only
    - OFF: HDR is send as SDR to the TV with downscaling (it is still used in some way)
    - ON: SDR is upscaled to HDR always when the TV is HDR capable (even for the menu)
    Specifically the last option (default) looks promising.
    For HDR => SDR one also can configure specific preferences for image settings

In general the Video processing was enhanced/improved over the previous generation is seems. If it is a valid reason to upgrade? But buying a new one now don't go for a bargain X9S and get the Z9S instead if you connect it to a TV with HDR.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  5. Nice Monkey

Wil do so. ;)

Thanks for the links. Very nice description too. :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  6. Lsmus

Lsmus New Member

Hi. Tell zidoo z9x in the google play market firmware?

7. DELUCAS

Are these exactly the same motherboard used in the X20 / pro range as such
    Or version 1.2 etc
    Like the previous x model range .

8. Lony

Lony Active Member

No in Firmware 1.7.7. Google Market are not supported.

Regards Lony

9. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

there is rtd 1295 revision B (Dune HD 4K Pro) and rtd 1296 (Dune HD Pro 4K Ultra) in the pro series, the information is available for several months, just read the devices spec.

10. PSP

PSP New Member

I own the X10 but there are no UHD Menus working on this model or I'm doing something wrong here?

11. Nice Monkey

Sorry don't have an X10 to test but Z9S works with UHD Menus just tried a few to be sure! I presume X9S/Z10 too as these have very similar FW.

So the answer was basically correct, but reference to other models too general. Thanks for correcting. I am pretty sure support will be in the next FW for other models too. :)

@DELUCAS the RTD1296DD based motherboards are new and each one (Z9S, Z10 and X20) is slightly different to adopt for the placement of the IO-ports.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  12. DELUCAS

Just wondered if the later boards as in the z10. / z9s were revised to 1.1 as the x20 unit quite a few stopped functioning
    And would not power up etc .
    Wether it was the main board or power board at fault i dont know .

Hence the question .

The later x10 units had 1.2 revision boards .
    but by the sounds of it all new units have different boards so may not be able to tell from the x20 older board .

13. PSP

PSP New Member

Sorry my mistake, just figured out what was the problem with UHD-Menus on my X10. I did only check for Online-Updates with my 1.4.x firmware, which didn't show me there is already a 2.x.x firmware available (saying everything is up-to-date). Installed the latest beta manually and UHD menus are indeed working now - only a bit slower as on my Egreat A5.

14. TRUE DOO

TRUE DOO New Member

After good experience with my X8 and Z9S, I'm throwing my hat in and purchased a Z9S from Futeko. Cant wait to test :)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    DELUCAS likes this.
  15. DELUCAS

You mean good experiance with X8 and X9s ;)

16. TRUE DOO

TRUE DOO New Member

Yes, too many Z,X and 9 haha

17. DELUCAS

Least we will know what the new Z10 be called next time Z10s as they have run out of letters now . ;)

18. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Could anyone let me know if the Z9S/Z10 pass the HDR infoframe? The X9S doesn't but many displays require the MaxFall/CLL values to apply the correct tonemapping.

19. Nice Monkey

Good point! Could be my problem too as my TV settings need to be tuned/changed for HDR. X9S and Z9S handle HDR in the same way as I can judge.
    Also getting a similar problem with SDR => HDR upscaling as specifically subtitles get far too bright now.

20. DELUCAS

Coruja3D likes this.