New firmware v2.1.14 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released(Music 3.0 upgrade to 3.1.8)

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by zidoo, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Appie72

Appie72 New Member

After watch
    After watching a few more x65 (1080p) movies, color range not completely right. Turns out some movies are ok (not as good as in firmware 2.0.34) and some movies color range is still off. I couldn't stand it so i went (again) back to 2.0.34 and all is good. Not flashing anymore now, for me 2.0.34 is the best firmware untill now!

Call me crazy but for me the best new feature in 2.1.12 is shifting subtitles with up/down button ont the remote ;)

2. grigione

grigione New Member

I think that it's time for Nougat on X9S!

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Nice Monkey you haven’t confirmed even one single issue with stutter or frame skipps. How is this possible? We have given you so many examples. Maybe you have some special demo player form Zidoo or you just refuse to see it ;)
    Are you testing the same file as @mattmarsden pointed out? Back to the Future VC1 1 to 1 rip would have to be marked as Remux in filename. What is the bitrate and size of your file? You can’t possibly not see stutter every few minutes and watch the whole movie.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My X9S is coming from a local Dutch shop nothing special. No I don't see these problems and I am not blind (yet). :p

"Back to the future" is a 1:1 rip with VC-1 and is 43.618.644.448 bytes in size (total ISO). The actual movie is stream 00010.mt2s sized 30.062.696.448 bytes.
    It plays just fine, you are welcome for a view. :)
    Regarding terminology for me 1:1 copies/rips are the real thing (with menus and all extras) never a remux. A remux is untouched single video stream (some parameters/flags may be changed or inserted though and audio+subtitles tracks removed) and a re-encode is mostly a compressed single video stream.

Always rename the files so that info is lost. No it is definitely NOT a remux as I avoid those like the flue even worse re-encodes avoided by me like the plague.
    This version is most likely: "Back to the Future Trilogy 30th Anniversary Edition" (seen the languages and sizes),
    This actually could be a remastered version which might explain it? It is all in the source quality and I indeed swap sources when better versions are found by me specifically for very special movies.

I was astonished by "Baby's Day Out" which obviously is a re-encode but looking great (can't find the real thing but love it even as-is).

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Nice Monkey, OK looks like you have full version maybe different from @mattmarsden’s version. I don’t have any of them to check :(

I’ll probably have to send you one of Web-Dl to check if you can see ;)

Note:
    I mentioned Remux since mkv popped up during Back to the Future discussion.
    Remux and ISO should be untouched 1 to 1 video streams.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am using tsMuxer myself but that one definitely changes headers and flags during a remux (just look at the log). So I use almost not changed.
    But 1:1 copy is for me reserved terminology for a bit-by-bit copy of the total original disc which I call personally "The Real Thing".

7. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

TSmuxer will not change encoding, it only change flag since it will flag to TS compatible file type.

8. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

OK my bad terminology. I was playing a Back To The Future mkv, remuxed by myself from the original disk. I wonder if this suggests a problem with mkv? I'll have to try the original disk and see.

9. mattmarsden

By the way all VC-1 files I've tried have exhibited this stutter problem and they are all mkvs, remxued from the original disks by me.

10. Sarco

VC-1 contain interlaced and progressive, make sure to use progressive since interlaced is known to stutter with X9S.

11. mattmarsden

OK how do I do that?

12. Sarco

I don't know what software you use but it must be in the muxer setting.

13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

When you go through this process it should be rolatively quick with high data thruput at least 5 Mbps. If it’s painfully slow it is recording something even if the file is big.
    TsMuxer will strip audio multi tracks into single audio but the video stream should be 1 to 1 untouched.
    @mattmarsden just try ISO to be sure.

14. burton

burton Member

Zidoo should fix the interlaced and 2:3 pulldown movies problem at last.
    I posted at previous firmware chat two clips and described the problem but nothing yet.
    It is a shame for a media player not being able to play those movies. Himedia and dune play them fine!
    I prefer zidoo because it has so many options but its main purpose is a media player!Please if somebody from the zidoo team is reading this please do something!

15. mattmarsden

I also have banding with this firmware at 10 and 12 bit - although less at 12bit, but its still definitely present.

16. thrang

thrang Member

Still does not output 23.976 - it outputs 23.98 instead, which results in the frame skip every few minutes. Subtle, but like water torture you cannot ignore it.

confirmed visually was well as frame rate reporting from my Vertex and Lumagen Radiance Pro.

This is with UHD content, either ISO or BDMV, 1:1 rip from my purchased discs.

CAN THIS BE FIXED ALREADY??????

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

If you use different player with the same content like Nvidia Shield do you see 23.976?

18. thrang

thrang Member

Yes. AppleTV 4k via Infuse plays the same exact files at 23.976.

It is NOT the files. It is the player

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Just checking if you confirmed your HDMI analizers with different players.

My Epson projector was also showing variance in frame rated but I couldn’t see skipped frames using Raspberry Pi in the old days. It turned out that reported frame rate was calculated from high frequency pixel clock rate from HDMI port. Sampling of the pixel clock rate was done over short period of time by projector casung variation in displaied frame rate. RPi was displaying film material correctly at 23.976 and projector was following the signal without any issues but the signal information from projector was incorrect on occasion specially for 3D where the pixel clock rate was double.

I’m not saying that Zidoo is correct just trying to get to the bottom of the issue and confirm that the equipment you are using has enough resolution and precision to show correct reading.

20. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

@3DBuff, could you activate the option "reserve less memory for playback" and try some web-dl?
    Maybe its my imagination but its feels like less stutter.(about 50%?)