Z9S and Z10 with detailed specifications and many pictures

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Nice Monkey, Sep 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Thanks for photos
    Knew they would be detachable them antennas .
    Notice a reset hole to the side of unit .

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

They got priced too on Futeko: € 277,- for Z10 and € 185,- for Z9S.

3. DELUCAS

Yes i pulled them up on the naming of the Z10 was wrong .

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

and the Z9S no...(wifi antenna)

5. OlivierQC

6. OlivierQC

About wifi antennas, look at the pictures, the angle of the picture is better

At the same time we can not blame zidoo for trying to reduce costs...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you

7. andys

andys Member

what file format does this player read?
    divx type or old formats?

8. PSP

PSP New Member

Do they support now full UHD iso menus?

9. Nice Monkey

@OlivierQC Confirmed: Indeed antennas are NOT detachable but a lot shorter so less disturbing.

FW v1.7.7 which is Android 7.1.1 based with ZidooMusic Player 2.0 has been bundled. It is possible to upgrade to ZidooMusic player 3.0 version using the APK posted for X9S FW 2.1.12 version (functionally very similar firmware). It is safe to do so the scraper won't work properly, but online lyrics do. It is stable as a music player.

@PSP UHD Menus will work (mostly) as with other models. @andys Changes are small and HW related like the way SDR <=> HDR works.

New bugs related to Android 7? Could be but mine is doing thus far everything I expected it to do without new issues. Seems to have been tested well, also using Bluetooth with it. Will put some APP's on it and see how that goes.

The general thing I can say is that FW 2.1.12 for X9S and FW 1.7.7 for Z9S are very close despite the very different numbering applied. To be more precise regarding GUI, functionality and features they are to be called identical. I did neither observe any differences directly related to the difference in OS level between X9S and Z9S at all using the Zidoo bundled applications. The differences are really all in specifically HW related matters: IO speed, ports, wireless and above all Video quality aspects.

For Z9S there are a few new settings regarding Video processing as indeed the image processing engine seems to be updated on multiple aspects. RTD1295 and RTD1296 appear to have more differences than just the more capable IO subsystem. Need to watch a lot more movies before making statements but it is all in the area of upscaling/downscaling and using SDR <=> HDR. Any 1080P movies will upscale not only to 4K but also HDR (even the main menu shows up in HDR).

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  10. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Please please please tell me they’ve sorted the frameskips.

11. Nice Monkey

FW 2.1.12 for X9S and FW 1.7.7 for Z9S are almost identical.

Known complaints:
    1) Tried BD "Back to the Future" with VC1 and that played just fine for me.
    2) Also tried a very compressed 1080P MKV "Baby Days Out" sized 4.24.158.019 Bytes and it played gorgeous (brilliant movie too).
    Using X9S for the first and Z9S for the second view.

I don't know to which skips you are referring exactly?

12. mattmarsden

So are you saying that Back To The Future worked fine for you on the X9S as well?

13. Nice Monkey

Indeed! Did a full watch.

14. DELUCAS

So Z9s / Z10 may have a slight edge in pic quality even for 1080p ?

Or req more testing to see
    Or there is more pic settings .

15. mattmarsden

OK thats really strange. All VC1 mkvs on my X9S every few minutes go in to a slowmotion type effect for a few seconds.

16. Nice Monkey

Yes there are a few new settings.
    Yes need to watch a lot more, but the PQ difference actually may be substantial?

I got the feeling this was even a surprise for Zidoo themselves (with X20) and this is the reason they are rushing the Z8S and Z10 now.
    Dune seems to have made a serious mistake using the RTD1295DD ver-B and not RTD1296DD. No idea why Realtek does not reveal in detail what they changed?

@mattmarsden For sure did not have that. Do a full reload using an emergency FW and next the upgrade. We have seen more obscure differences solved by that lately.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  17. mattmarsden

Ok I’ve got a Z9S hopefully turning up at the end of next week so I’ll see how that does.

18. DELUCAS

I thought they did use the new 1296 revision chipset on the new Dune 4K

19. Nice Monkey

20. DELUCAS