Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. skelton

skelton Member

I posted this in the X20 thread but thought i would post it here as well hoping that someone can help me. I have an X20 and having some issues updating sources when i have added new content to it. Today i added a new movie to one of my internal harddrives and went into the HP app and updated source. But after updating, i can`t see the newly added movie in the poster wall. I tried updating 3 or 4 times and also removed the source completely and then re-added it but still not there..

Strangely, if i go into file manager and check the content of the disk, i can see the movie file there.

Anyone else with this problem?

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Sometimes it goes into wrong collection set.
    I listed few options in post #452 on previous page

skelton likes this.
  3. skelton

skelton Member

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately none of those worked for me. This is really strange because i can clearly see and play the moviefile from file manager but for some odd reason, the HP app can`t recognize it.
    If this was a widespread bug affecting everyone, there would be a lot more comments but it seems that me and only a few others are affected.

Will send an email to Zidoo support for further help.

4. skelton

skelton Member

Quick update to my above problem. I did some tests and noticed that when i tried renaming the file on the harddrive, the HP app suddenly recognized it and updated the poster art work automatically. So not sure why it didn`t recognized it after scanning. Will do some more testing and see if i can find the reason.

5. vman

vman Member

Help. I am using the new beta firmware. The scraper will not recognize Solo a Star Wars Story or Sicardio Day of the Soldier.
    I tried using the names and the imdb id number to no avil. It says it does not recognize it.

I also tried scrapping for Skyscraper and I did not find a poster match.

Any help would be appreciated.

6. skelton

skelton Member

Try renaming Sicario Day of the Soldado to Sicario 2 instead. This is the movie i was having difficulties adding too in my posts above. But when i renamed it to Sicario 2, the HP app recognized it and downloaded the poster art.

7. vman

vman Member

Thanks I’ll give that a try. Any ideas on Solo.

8. skelton

skelton Member

With Solo, you can try:

- Solo
    - A Star Wars Story
    - Solo: A Star Wars Story

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Solo scanned for me first time using X10

10. vman

vman Member

11. vman

vman Member

Thanks

I tried all your suggestions for both movies.
    It still says - can not find such a movie, please input key word again

Oh well I guess back to the prior firmware

12. vman

vman Member

I decided to do a factory reset first. After doing that, it worked this time, it found both movies.
    Whew.

Thanks for the help.

13. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

since the new firmware come, hope for next new update, HT can do a manually scrap from .nfo we created
    it just for the collections that did not have info on any database like imdb or tmdb
    or for some personal collections

14. Blade1001

Blade1001 New Member

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and new to Zidoo having just acquired an X9S - though I've been using various other media players (TViX/Netgear/Dune etc) for over 10 years.

One of my reasons for trying the Zidoo unit was the Home Theatre 2.0 application. In particular I loved the screen shots that I saw, that showed a 4K, or Blu-ray symbol label added to the movie cover art on the movie wall - I've been trying to get these on other media players for years.

However on setting the unit up, I was really disappointed to find that these labels only show up on the largest two covert art sizes. Once you step down the movie wall to either of the smallest two sizes they disappear! I can possibly understand it on the smallest size to an extent, and the covers are very small, but in a projector set-up such as my own, the second smallest size is definitely the sweet spot for the number of covers for the screen size, and to have the 4k/blu-ray labels missing at this size is a real PITA.

Whats the best way to lobby/petition/feature request Zidoo to get the labels added for the smaller sizes (and while we are at it, have the rating score user removable in the options!)?

15. DELUCAS

Think rating score is removable i dont have it shown on mine .

16. Blade1001

Blade1001 New Member

Thanks - can you point me to where I can deselect it - I haven't been able to find anywhere so far, but could easily have missed it within the settings.

17. DELUCAS

Not at media player but im sure its on H.T.v2 ,
    Screen
    Top right corner select
    Go to 4th option to your right select
    Open and through them options .

Others will confirm
    Going by memory

18. godalmighty

in small size poster, i dont think they gonna show label :(
    HT01.PNG HT01a.PNG HT01b.PNG HT01c.PNG HT01d.PNG

19. Blade1001

Blade1001 New Member

No, that's what I mean, they don't show on the smallest two size options and the selection box in settings is greyed out. They really need to add this.

What is also interesting from your screen grabs is that your labels are a completely different format to mine. This is not my image, but my labels look like this:

[​IMG]

20. godalmighty

in Small and Overspread size, they dont show Labels
    i think its too small to read it if they tag it :(

for different labeling, maybe it could be the region