New firmware v2.1.14 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released(Music 3.0 upgrade to 3.1.8)

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by zidoo, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Maybe only non hdr televisions are showing wrong color range with 8 bit hevc.
    (some 10 bit movies are ok...not all ...very strange)

fw 2034 color range was ok for all movies, execpt the terrible stutter.
    watching Ant ant the Wasp web-dl was impossible.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

That procedure will clean up the box completely. A factory reset has almost the same effect. I don't know why but all media players run into the need doing so then and when (to be honest Windows too).

3. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

When I flash with 2.1.11 colors were wrong even with reseting the box. Like I said maybe something gone wrong ...

4. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

With new firmware can't play movies with 10 bit,every minutes a view seconds black screen.

5. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

mostly my files is 1080p/2160p hevc 10bit and i dont have any problem
    maybe you should try to do factory reset

6. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

I have done that and its the same,if i shut 10bit off it's oke.

7. Sarco

We do not have good infos for you situation. Maybe the cable maybe the TV, for example HDMI 1.4 (cable or TV input) will do 4K but only at 8bit. Please tell us what your setup so we can try to figure out what going on.

8. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

I now just remember that after factory reset i forgot to set hdmi 1.4 to 2.0,i will try now again and get back to you,thanks to remind me the hdmi 1.4, i hope that it will work again once i set it back to hdmi.2.0.

9. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

I switch it to hdmi2.0 and now it plays with 10bit,thank you.

PacoRabanne and Sarco like this.
  10. JeromeA

JeromeA New Member

thank you for the suggestion but i've already tried my 5tb on on other zidoo with lower version of firmware in usb3.0 slot and it's working fine. also i tried to plug it in usb2.0 and it's working smoothly. my problem is only at the usb3.0 slot of my zidoo. the usb3.0 slot of my zidoo were verified good and no problem because i've already tried to plug my WD 4tb's, USB's and other portable device and it's working fine.

11. Appie72

Appie72 New Member

After reading this I flashed 2.1.12 again, set hdmi to 2.0 but still not OK. Then played a little with the settings and set hdmi range 0-255 and that was it! Colors are good now!

12. Sarco

Glad you found a way, my TV also display right color on full range...

13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

So, at least for some user, 2.1.12 FW release solves color range issues ?

And stutter problems?

Anyway, all streaming now is handled diretly by my TV or by my Cromecast Ultra (for some HDR contents like Youtube).
    Currently I use my X9S only for playing local network video files, most HD, some FHD, a few 4K.
    I see some stutter on some video, but seems related to those specific files (bad encoding?).
    I can't tolerate only heavy stutter, the kind like slow motion flickering.

14. bodyzen

bodyzen Member

New firmware is very good!!! :)

And new music player is perfect!!! Thank :)

15. grigione

grigione New Member

Hello,when will come out Nougat for X9S???

16. godalmighty

Z9S users got Nougat and then they ask again when will Oreo come :D

17. Lorka

Lorka New Member

When I try to install the update from a USB stick it gets to the part where it says it's going to copy the files and comes up with an error saying "Not enough space to upgrade, please delete some files" My x9s is practically empty. Help, please.
    Is there a way to overcome this without a factory reset?

18. godalmighty

if i`m not wrong HDMI Rx function is for HDMI IN setting :p

and yes i tried full range (0-255) the color now is good, not like previous firmware, what i like from full range is the black level furthermore for me that using IPS panel tv
    when saw Fear the Walking Dead S04 web-DL, its look nice and the black level is balanced
    just backup your HT data and do a factory reset
    but strange, i have about 2000 more files that have scrapped and when i updated it, work fine

19. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

Yesterday it was the same again,black screen for a few seconds after playing 4k hdr 10bit,i set the automatic switch frame rate and resolution off and then it was oke.

20. Sarco

Automatic framerate will induce black screen at the begining of media and when exiting the player.