New firmware and Android 7 please?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by noki, Aug 20, 2018.

1. noki

noki New Member

Hi. When will the new firmware and especially when will Android 7 for ZIDOO X20?

For Zidoo H6 Pro is Android 7.0. Why is not it for Zidoo X20, when it's now a flagship? Not by this logic

Юрий Гандев likes this.
  2. what about X10?

3. noki

noki New Member

I do not bother with the X20

4. spring

spring Guest

maybe next week.

Юрий Гандев likes this.
  5. колбаскин

колбаскин New Member

Winter is coming ;-)

6. noki

noki New Member

Hello. No week has passed and still nothing. I hope it will not be for Christmas

колбаскин likes this.
  7. TomSy

TomSy New Member

Hello,
    Is it possible to return to the older version of the software? If so how do you do it? The point is that I want to check if the problems with the Bluray menu appear in the earlier version.

8. noki

noki New Member

Still nothing and two weeks have passed
    Nobody answers?:mad:

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

It arrives when it arrives
    But if all goes to plan October time deff .

10. noki

noki New Member

Hello. Well, I hope that this will be the first time and there will be a Google app and another app and Kodi

11. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Leaning towards no google app
    As can cause playback issues etc and it hogs resources

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am getting the strong feeling Zidoo is going for a big launch of the new Z-series including in fact X20 as such regarding FW and features.
    The new boxes seem to come with Android 7.1 based on the last X20 new house style FW for Android 6.0 plus the much touted Music Player 3.0 all included in one big bang.

They probably try to avoid the X20 launch mistake bundling it with a Beta level functional limited new firmware. I expect the overall quality and functionality of this FW launch to be better justifying the long wait. :)
    The Z-series HW launch happens very quick, never saw such a short period between first announcement and planned actual shipments. ;)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  13. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Hey Guys!
    I have some Feedback from Zidoo Tech. Support. They confirmed that the whole Firmware of the x20 is under reconstrution right now. The next Firmware will be set up based on Android 7.1 and should be available "somewehere next Month". That would be October 2018.

I also have some feedback from the Insiders from FUTEKO that this new Firmware will most likely have Google Play Store Support optional integerated.

14. noki

noki New Member

Hello. Well, good right. I hope the whole firmware and system will be completely redesigned and there will not be many bugs as now

15. skelton

skelton Member

Why would you want the whole system to be redesigned? The current design is IMO one of the best, if not THE best right now among mediaplayers. The only one i can think of which is equivalent is Zappiti media center.

So i strongly disagree that the system should be redesigned.

16. noki

noki New Member

I AM THAT, THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFULLY BEFORE THE X20, it was immediately discovered that there are a lot of bugs here. So let the new firmware be right to make it work. Why is not it possible for this screen to be English? I have it still English.No these widespread settings are already given in English. It's still a flagship, and it's absolutely not going to be fun and I'm glad to introduce new equipment that I do not really like. Writing ZIDOO from the firmware will be coskoro, well and then from after Z9, so maybe at the end of the october?

17. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

As long as Play Store is not working i see no way to install the XBMC Wrapper. And without the XBMC Wrapper Kodi cannot work. Therefore i see a serious need for upgrading .

Zidoos Hometheater and Music Player are way too far away from Kodis functions to be a replacement.

18. skelton

skelton Member

Can you be more specific, what key functions are you missing in HP?

For me Kodi is of zero interest and i rather want Zidoo devs working on improving HP than adding something that the majority of users don’t care about.

myzidoo likes this.
  19. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@skelton: My main concens with Hometheater are statet in the "What is the logic behind Home Theater 2.0?" Thread. My main concens with Music Player are statet in the "What is the logic behind Music Player?" Thread.

20. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

I doubt that the majority of the users do not care about Kodi....

To get some data i have set up a poll, what media players are used by most Zidoo users.