New firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I'm very much interested myself in answer to this question. Here what I've collected so far:

- @Ekul in post #477 pointed out that he had stutter since Fw 1.4.16. This needs to be verified with more people and reports.

- I didn't run into this issue in Fw 2.0.25 but I was new to the device, wasn't looking for it or paying attention. I didn't see it but again Web-Dl are not my main movies. Now I see stutter on Web-Dl every 4.5 min and single dropped frames on the rest of the movies HD and 4K. The only clean format is 3D frame packing.

- You can't roll back the firmware using upgrade method. Apparently it is common limitation to Android devices. The unit has to be completely flashed to one of the factory images and upgraded froward to any firmware. There are limited ways to back up some data but be prepared to do it all from scratch.
    Thread about flashing:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-flash-zidoo-x9s-unit.2959/

- I got this message from @slavensiz but haven't jumped into this yet. Let us know if anybody had success with it.
    "You can safely roll back to any version with saving settings. Need a current of root.
    Simply in build.prop we change this line thus ro.build.date.utc = 1400000000.
    Reboot and put any otu"

Looking for volunteers to test it all :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  2. deusexe

deusexe Member

I just installed version 1.4.12, and stuttering is every 11, 12 minutes ...

Now trying 1.5.0

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Then we are doomed until Zidoo straightens their sh... out :(

4. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

and how about for Deep Color (10bit), Color Space (auto) and HDMi range (limited)
    this is too only for oled tv?

5. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

This is for any TV o VPR that fully accepts a "real" HDR signal (10 bit / BT2020 / at least 4:2:2 / up to 60 fps)....this means the ones with HDMI 2.0b 18 Gbps

6. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Maybe you could try FW 1.4.6...but I'm not sure, so in case, don't be mad at me! :)

7. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

On my TV full range add extra black and white, and it is a "real" HDR with 10bit/BT2020 and 444 at 24fps

8. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

HDMI Range: limited. I always suggested that, because it's this way video content are encoded (HDMI Full range is ONLY for RGB PC signal and you should never use with any "stand-alone" video source)

8 bit video content: 16-235 (HDMI limited)
    10 bit video content: 64-940 (HDMI limited)

9. Sarco

Why my TV display better image in full range? Anyway why any user would ask what better? They are blind? Just look at your screen and take the one you like most!

3DBuff likes this.
  10. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Video is an exact science and has strict rules... if you want to change them and do as you like...your choice, but please don't give wrong informations. Video content is encoded as I wrote above and your source and TV need to be set that way. Any other combination is simply wrong...you prefer it that way? Ok! But it still will be incorrect...

11. Sarco

For TV, if you haven't note, there are a panoply of system (unfortunatly like CEC) for HDR or Dolby Vision. Mine must be set on color subsampling mode. Maybe the color range on my set is done via that fonction and produce a better picture if the input is full range. And like I said picture on tv is subjective not scientific. HDR TV also have a picture mode for HDR content and I found that people for majority do not care for that! I am stutter blind like some users said. If this was a science the switch would be useless don't you think?

12. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

You really have no idea what you are talking about! The best part is when you say that picture is subjective: try and ask that to a movie director, cinematographer or colorist! And by the way, you are saying that Christopher Nolan is stupid then: a few days ago he asked TV manufactures to have a "Reference Mode" on TVs to be able to watch movies as intended by the directors (and that's because video is a science and NOT subjective...and thank's God!)

I suggest you read a bit of this (just as an example)...if you don't know what ITU is and does: they determine the video standards for the worldwide industry (back again to science!):
    https://www.itu.int/ITU-T/worksem/vica/docs/presentations/S0_P2_Sullivan.pdf

I suggest you study how video works, instead of writing disinformations.

By the way, I'm an ISF Level 2 certified professional calibrator and I can assure you I had to study a lot...and never stop because video standards (science, not subjective) continue to evolve.

13. Sarco

Disinformation? Give me an example of any disinformation I said! Picture on TV is not subjective? Why Sony, Samsung, LG... They have all the same picture, that what you pretend. Damn Trumpette know-all!

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@giangi76 Many people have preferences not inline with what experts feel is the technical/science best regarding picture and sound quality. Some dislike some colors for instance or specifically like soft or hard tones. Look at the fashion industry as an example. Personal taste (not technical measurable quality) is subjective like hell. Sarco is talking here about his personal taste/perception which he is entitled to absolutely. Eyes, ears and the brain are not universal (in fact they vary a lot even over time for a single person) and that is what we need to deal with as well next to getting the optimal feasible.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  15. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I understand what you mean, but I'll try to explain why it's wrong: a movie director and his colorist decide how the movie should look (do you accept this?). He does all this complying to the standards. This means that he may want to have the red look stronger o softer....the blacks being picth or lighter....he decides that and we have to respect his choices (right?). Maybe we won't like that, but it's his choice and it's all within standards. If you change the video standards (white balance, gamma, gamut, black level, ecc...) it means you won't be watching the content as intended. You want to change things? You are absolutely free to do it, but it will not be correct. That's all! ;)

16. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Let me add there should be no taste concerning movies. Movies are art and we should respect that. If you understand and apply to the standards, you than can say: "ok, I don't like how this movie looks". And this is the only thing we should be saying. You don't touch a painting just because you don't like the look of it! You say, I don't like it and go on... the same is for movies... and that's why video has strict rules and is a science.

Hope I was clear enough! ;)

17. Sarco

And where is you disinformation pretension on me. Why bullying people who only put here their prefered settings? Why your knowledge should be papal bull? Why a choice of full or limited range in setting if this is wrong? From what I read on your scientific stuff a 450$ or 4500$ TV are actually the same since your scientific shit say so!

18. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Also my last word here: In movies the content is all about taste. ;)

19. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

The disinformation is because you were stating that Full range is better. I explained why it's wrong and you continue to say it's better and that video is subjective when it is not (and I also explained that)
    Why the choice? Easy. Zidoo is based on Android and you can also do other things with it (like web surfing or Apps or watch Pictures), and if you connect it to a monitor you may want to use HDMI Full Range RGB. It's an option...that's all.... Same for TVs or VPRs...depends on what you use it for!
    The different prices of TVs depend on the performance: a 4500$ TV will give you better performance in terms of accuracy, black level, white peak (luminance), color gamut, ecc... The cheaper one won't be as good...you can try and set the best performance as possibile (applying to the standards) but it will be just a compromise = the best you can get out of the panel / electronics of that specific TV. There's no shit...it's all about standards and trying to be as close as possibile to them (that's why we have differences in the price).

20. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Sure it is!! You are absolutely right! But this has nothing to do with video and setting correctly and within the standards our products (source and TV)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.