Firmware v1.0.36 for Zidoo H6pro

Discussion in 'H6 Pro Official Firmware Releases' started by bob, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Manuel

Manuel New Member

Peter, what worked for me was to update to the same version again. I just downloaded 1.0.36 version again , upgrade it and at this moment the device goes smooth and NO GOOGLE PLAY SEVICES POP UP ANYMORE. Try that and see if that helps

godalmighty likes this.
  2. Jubair

Jubair Member

When I first upgraded to firmware 1.0.36, it didn't fix my google play service problem. When I reset the box after upgradation, problem was fixed but sadly it appeared again after some days which made me desperate. Then I reset the box using reset button (inside AV port) which made the firmware to 1.0.25, then I upgraded to 1.0.36 again and after upgradation, I immediately did a factory reset. So far this problem is not bothering again. Sometimes it pops up, but a reboot fixes the problem.

I bought this box for good hardware but it didn't come in my worst nightmare that software would not be well optimized. In 1.0.36, they might fixed the google play service (partially) but still the videos are shuttering when I try to use automatic frame rate.

Zidoo shouldn't have brought a product to the market that they do not care about. They only focus on their media player X series. Sad to see all those negative reviews and feedbacks about H6 pro only for the software optimization.

jjjackson and godalmighty like this.
  3. Jubair

Jubair Member

4. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

nice tips
    but when i upgraded it and the pop up issue come out, then immediately i did a factory reset and it fixed
    then after one day, it happened again, then i want to do @Manuel tips, but it wont work for me the device wont update :(
    but i dont realize that the pop up issue disappear, so it ok now and try to play movies and it went smooth no stuttering at all at any kind of file
    then i try to reboot it, the pop up still not show up, its a good thing, but the video stuttering a lot now back like before :(
    i dont know if i used kodi is gonna help about stuttering issue
    so i think its about satbility from the software
    too bad if zidoo wont do anything about it anymore coz this box have a lot of potential

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  5. Jubair

Jubair Member

For video shuttering problem, turn off Mediacodec framerate from "Settings>Display". On Media Center, play a video, go to settings and turn off Automatic Refresh rate from "Advanced>Automatic Refresh Rate". After turning off these settings, restart your box. Hopefully this will fix the shuttering problem. This shuttering problem has been occurring after new 1.0.36 firmware upgrade.

Zidoo-H6-Pro-Automatic-Frame-Rate-Switching.jpg

GiovanniO and godalmighty like this.
  6. Dr.Vikram

Dr.Vikram New Member

Sorry Jubair. It does not. Every 15-20 seconds there is a stutter. This has been going on for ages but as usual Zidoo team is totally silent about it. :(

7. Jubair

Jubair Member

I don't know...I am using this device for quite some time and the only time I face shuttering problem when I turn on automatic frame rate. Ya I faced some shuttering problem before but those were for some specific video files, not in general.

godalmighty likes this.
  8. Dr.Vikram

Dr.Vikram New Member

All files with 23.976 fps stutter which means basically all the movies . The whole concept of a good player is that at least it should pay the movies fine which H6 Pro fails miserably at.

9. godalmighty

ok
    ok i`m not using automatic switch frame rate now and it play without any stuttering in any format video and any bitrate but maybe a little bit at 4k hdr hevc 10bit
    now i shut it down and gonna test it again later, hope this is for good

10. Victor Shocot

Victor Shocot New Member

Set the setting to 1080p24
    Mediacodec off
    No stuttering and no problem with 1080p files or with 4k files

11. jjjackson

jjjackson Member

I agree

12. godalmighty

i`ve tried again and the stuttering is gone now, i think its for good
    set HDMi to @24Hz and disable the auto frame rate
    and you have to reboot it to have the result or even worse you have to reset it once

13. Jubair

Jubair Member

Glad to know it worked

14. Dr.Vikram

Dr.Vikram New Member

What is the point of having auto frame rate then??

15. vitocorl

vitocorl Member

The point is faulse advertising, they are stating 100 features and the box cannot do anything, but crashing Google Play Services all the time....

https://imgur.com/a/Mhkz4RA

I am wondering if we can denounce Zidoo Company to the European/Usa union trade department for faulse advertising and for selling a unit that DOES NOT operate as advertised....

16. godalmighty

the point is that you have to buy X series at least :(
    the good point is you can at least set it to 24p

now i found a bug too, the wifi cannot turn off, always automatic turn off by itself :(
    but it not too bothering me even i never use it

17. Dr.Vikram

Dr.Vikram New Member

I have x9s as well. It's okay although it has it's own share of problems

18. Jubair

Jubair Member

There is no point to have auto frame rate right now as its not working properly. It has become the black "display like" part in front of the box which has no function other than show off. However, turning the auto frame rate off at least makes the box usable with stuttering free videos.

We have nothing but to depend on Zidoo to release next firmware hoping they will fix the problems (probably they can't).
    h6-section-5.png

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  19. jjjackson

jjjackson Member

My Google Play problem just seems to keep getting worse.

20. Jubair

Jubair Member

You can try disabling the Google Play Services. I do not know whether it works or not but it worth a try. Install every apps you need from google store then disable the google play services (google play store wont work after disabling the play services. In fact, we need the play store sporadically).