Z9S and Z10 with detailed specifications and many pictures

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Nice Monkey, Sep 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Here some more detailed information on the revamped boxes. Specifically the Z10 looks nice with 2x USB on the front too. The Z9S seems to be a bit crowded with connectors on all sides except the front.

They both include Dual SATA , 4x USB connectors (2x USB2 and 2x USB3) plus BT 4.1 and the latest generation Wi-Fi, this next to the upgrade to the RTD1296 SOC.
    On the Zidoo homepages BT 4.2 is mentioned but this seems to be a mistake!

See attachments for specifications and some first pictures. I specifically like the new Z10: It measures double height and double weight compared to the Z9S.
    Nice alternative to X20 if that one is considered too big physically as it (almost) shares all its goodies (no USB3c).

The only remark I have is that personally I would have upgraded the included PSU to 12V 4A instead of keeping the 12v 3A unit currently shipped with X9S and X10 models. The reason is very simple as the PSU now needs to deal with dual SATA instead of single.
    The PSU will just work but might get warm and have some troubles dealing with live swaps of power hungry drives. Some swaps cause really big power surges when making these.

Look further down for first Z9S pictures and next Z10 pictures.
    They got priced too on Futeko: € 277,- for Z10 and € 185,- for Z9S.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    DELUCAS and H1982 like this.
  2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello nice Monkey,

Zidoo is back in force with these new models, it's a good surprise :)

and I'm not surprised, it's a company that always moves forward and want to be the best...bravo Zidoo.

Coruja3D and H1982 like this.
  3. Nice Monkey

The state-of-the-art platforms are all there indeed. :) Now to concentrate on that firmware challenge .;)

4. OlivierQC

yes it is the most important part

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I’m missing YouTube 4K HDR player. My TV is 2016 and it doesn’t support VP9 10bit decoding. I don’t want to buy Chromecast Ultra just for this. Any chance to get support for YouTube 4K HDR in Zidoo new line of players?

6. Nice Monkey

Installing the right version Youtube for Android TV App should play Youtube 4K just fine based on Android 7.1 as working on one of my other media players today. Still need to test Netflix on that one.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

YouTube 4K is not difficult to get. I got this working without any issues. It’s the 4K HDR 10 bit videos that are the problem.

8. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Your brown nose game is off the chart...;)

9. OlivierQC

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  10. Nice Monkey

Some more Z9S pictures:

Attached Files:

11. OlivierQC

It seems that we will not be able to remove the wifi antennas
    ...too bad

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Is there any room for the hdmi input ;)
    Wish they kept the Z10 free from usb front input .
    Gives a better look / finish .

13. Nice Monkey

Sorry I love USB on the front in addition to on the back. :)

@OlivierQC It is not possible to see clearly from the pictures if the antennas are removable. I think they still are (left/right pictures).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  14. DELUCAS

Dont mind usb on rear or side but i like the front plain besides stops kids putting lolly pop sticks and sweets in them ;)

Id say aerials are removable as assembly be awkward etc and motherboards would be attached to aerials wont make sense .

15. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Sure, shiny new players initially generate excitement, but I'm not convinced RTD1296-based players bring anything significant to the table for video performance/quality. Would love to be mistaken :).

16. DELUCAS

You forgot high end stability cushioned feet as well . ;)

17. OlivierQC

you will be fixed when you have received your sample to make a review ;)

18. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

I'll wait for yours and others' review. Don't want a review sample; may buy one if it looks worthwhile to get.

19. OlivierQC

I do not think I have one either, they have not appreciated my feedback on the X20... i suppose :)

And we're still waiting for the android FW 7 for the X20 RTD1296 (why it's not called Z20), according to zidoo it would be available when the serie Z will be available...we'll see

see you

20. Nice Monkey

First shipment planned 1st week of October (according Futeko). So 2 weeks more of waiting for boxes and Android 7. I hope we get ZidooMusic Player 3.0 and a FW update for existing models before that?

The X20 was planned 2 years ago already, the Z-series are much younger. But agreed Z20 would be less confusing now. But again who really cares.

Also many more Z10 pictures as promised. These also confirm detachable antennas. :)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      422.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2 .jpg
      2 .jpg
      File size:
      489.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg