X9S HOW TO FLASH ZIDOO X9S UNIT

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by HoneCharles, Oct 8, 2016.

1. donny

donny Member

Zidoo team I need assistance,please.
    seems like a problem with the bootloader.
    with the emergency procedure not loaded, the pen drive flashes for a moment ( boot message on the dispaly, black screen from hdmi)
    or with the reset button on the back, the writing UP - - black screen and not loaded appears.
    the only method that works would seem withUSB TTL adapter connetcted to pc.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

To send message to Zidoo use @ mirror this will pop up mirror the admin en send him the post.

3. donny

donny Member

Thanks Sarco,(doesn't find the function @mirror).
    It 'the same problem of other users:it seems to load only for a few moments but then the recovery download does not start . I unzipped the install file, then with the other four files (two rescue), or the other option with file install and reset button.
    It is a disaster!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  4. Sarco

5. Android arun

Android arun Member

IMG_20180831_170055929.jpg IMG_20180831_170147288.jpg IMG_20180904_193912586.jpg hi sarco,
    zidoo team @mirror and spring .
    my zidoo box is bricked.
    when i start is boot after few mins the display going to black.
    Plz help me guys i bought totally 5 zidoo x9s only one box like this.

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I'm really tempted to flash firmware back to v2.0.25 from latest v2.0.34 to get out of stutter issue on Web-Dl movies.
    Is there a quick way to back up and recover settings and data? I don't want to spend a day setting it and testing from scratch.
    The key elements would be OpenWRT settings, HT 2.0 database, ZDMC all settings and database.
    I have 8TB drive attached on USB 3.0 with internal Micro SD for artwork storage and backups, ZDMC has a lot of customization, skin, links to multiple external shares etc. Computers and RPi have access to Zidoo drives and Zidoo is accessing Pi external drives and other NAS shares.
    I just have the stutter issue on Zidoo player. Can the player be replaced with the one from v2.0.25?

7. donny

donny Member

@mirror
    I had installed the latest firmware 2.34 then five seconds of reset with the green screen appeared
    and a few seconds to block everything.

8. donny

donny Member

Thanks Sarco,I have to get the right TTL cable and try,it seems a very complicated procedure.

9. Sarco

Never try, seem worst than it is. Always long explaination for consol command. Make sure you follow instruction step by step. Good luck!

10. Sarco

For OpenWrt there is backup and restore in system tab, there is also backup for ZDMC and HT 2.0. For the player unfortunatly Zidoo replace the google player with their own, so it is part of the system and I don't think you can modify it without flashing. For ZDMC and HT 2.0 I never did backup so I can not help you sorry.

11. Sarco

@Android arun Does your box have time on it? If yes I would suggest you to find another hdmi display to try.

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Is there a specific backup function for HT and ZDMC?
    I downloaded Kodi backup app but it is giving me write error for every location.

13. Sarco

3DBuff likes this.
  14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

15. donny

donny Member

The Zidoo Team should provide us with a recovery software with bootloader that can always upload,
    like the emergency procedure, but it does not work in some cases.
    You can not break everything in a few seconds.

16. Sarco

All android device work that way and that why via ota update is use. Flashing device is well describe and all potential danger and caution are written, when doing flashing it is well said do not stop process "wait". By waiting you allow the flashing process to stop on non dangerous state (well almost). Flashing should be use if device stop working, even if it is a way to downgrade firmware this is not recommend. OTA are issue for stable version, or for BETA state. TV, bluray player or other device are not downgradable even with android to avoid any issue. Before updating to new BETA firmware I recommand waiting for user comments.

17. Android arun

Android arun Member

hi sarco,
    i tried different display but same start good after few mins it's stop display, led time n blue light even i leave it few hrs.
    plz help me to fix it.
    thanks

18. Sarco

I have no idea, look like it goes in sleep mode... You should try to reset the box, to reset the box go into android device settings/backup and restore reset box to factory settings.

19. donny

donny Member

Hi,I opened the box to see the uart port.
    Can you give me more specifications on the TTL cable right for connection?

20. Sarco

The best way to do is search in google " TTL cable color code" and check picture.
    You should address to @slavensiz , I never use this method. Slavensiz seem knowing that part!