ZIDOO Music 3.0 coming soon!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by zidoo, Aug 29, 2018.

1. zidoo

zidoo Member SUPER Administrator

Hi guys:
    Let's start with a few sore points with the local music files music player.
    1. Mostly Third-party music players that can be found which do not support cross-device and NAS music file management, because these applications are developed for mobile phones or tablets. Only local media management is available. The music players used by some manufacturers only supported network devices but were only based on file form before that. There is no convenient way to access media library.
    2. Android SRC feature converted to 48K sample output cause Sound quality variation.
    3. By now, Third-Party apps, only Hiby Music supports SACD format, the Interaction is very poor since it's a mobile app.
    In order to provide users with a better experience. ZIDOO decided to completely push over Music 2.0 and develop a whole new Music 3.0 . The entire project lasted for 7 months and gathered a lot of efforts of engineers. The final version is not just aesthetically pleasing, but also some very deep and low-level development with challenges.
    Features of ZIDOO Music 3.0:
    1. Support Multi-Device management, including local, USB, and music files in NAS. Self-built media database through ID3 and cloud matching. You can search and support Multi-Dimensional search by song, artist, album, etc
    2. Support Pre-Swept CUE segmentation function. SACD Multi-Track segmentation function which all SACD files with CUE and Multi-Track will be automatically cut into multiple songs and set up database (this function is absolutely exclusive at present).
    3. Online matching COVER function, supporting tile, list, card and other display modes.
    4. You can build own multiple Play-lists (Play-lists).
    5. Multi-Dimensional search, support songs, artists, album search, and can be optionally collected or added to the self-built Play-lists.
    6. Online matching of subtitles; if the version of lyrics is wrong, you can also search manually.
    7. Ordinary music files (MP3,APE,FLAC, etc.) can break the SRC limitation and support up to 192Khz/24bit sample output.
    8. Support direct playback of SACD ISO,DSF,DFF, etc., up to 176.4khz sampling output (44.1 integer times). ZIDOO implemented this feature in Music 2.0 and is the first player in the field of android native supporting SACD playback.
    9. Fully supports remote control and mouse operation, and ADAPTS the ZIDOO remote control to Play/Pause, Up and Down,Repeat and other physical buttons.
    10. And of course it also supports mobile control.
    The following are some of the actual use Screen shots:

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png 10.png 11.png 12.png 13.png 14.png 15.png 16.png 17.png 18.png 19.png 20.png 21.png 22.png 23.png 24.png 25.png 26.png 27.png 28.png 29.png 30.png 31.png

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Thanks Zidoo team :)

myzidoo likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The poster, search and visual facilities seem to be far more advanced which is good news. Difficult to judge what it really all does as my Chinese is a bit limited. :) I hope also stability is a lot better, being the biggest problem with the current 2.0 version.:rolleyes:

Actual playback capabilities seem to have remained identical? Not mentioned is alternative DSD output support for SACD (as Hiby Music does), MCH support for SACD via HDMI-RAW, correct playback of MCH FLAC at 88.2 Khz (not 96 Khz) and gapless playback (as Hiby Music does). I still hope I am wrong here.? :(

Anyway if it all works without instabilities it is a big jump ahead once more above the 2.0 version! In fact I am using ZidooMusic 2.0 as-is already a lot as indeed it is the best around. Thanks! :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  4. I hope that
    "10. And of course it also supports mobile control."
    will be full. because I don't want to look on TV when it's only audio played!
    Thanks Zidoo team :)

5. stone99

stone99 New Member

Good news,
    I hope also for the DSD Multi Channel support , and not a downscale to 2 channel. A real HDMI raw mode to send dsd MCH to an amp (my amp can decode sacd mch by hdmi)

6. Thank you to all of you Zidoo guys. I can't wait to test this app and enjoy my music collection in full audio quality.
    Hopefull very soon :)

Thank again

Edit: Any ETA?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  7. vadergr

vadergr Member

It will support all realtek units? X8/9s/10/20?

8. Orthon

Orthon Member

Your video player doesn’t support wma pro, does your music player support it? If so, could you please help video player team to implement that as well?

9. Nice Monkey

But it seems to be supporting "RAW-HDMI pass-through" for SACD which is really excellent news (=part of specs Z9S and Z10). It made my day reading this. :)

TOTAL AUDIO FORMAT SUPPORT Including ATMOS, DTS:X, SACD, DFF, DSF, APE and FLAC. RAW SACD passthrough

If this is running Android 7.1 on RTD1296 only or including current RTD1295 boxes remains thus far unclear to me, but for sure it will then come to X20 and X20 Pro too. I would not be surprised if the RTD1296 HW revision in fact enabled this making it a HW/SOC dependent feature?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  10. DELUCAS

Lets hope they carry on supporting the X10 / x9s series and they dont get left behind .

11. Nice Monkey

I have good hope for that, but some features like SACD Pass-through will most likely come to the new platform only. They are close enough to enable porting many improvements (including Android 7.1) to the old platform, which is most likely the Zidoo strategy. :)

The HW is all there now it is time for the big firmware push! Let us have that new ZidooMusic Player 3.0 please. :cool: And please make it an English version! :p

12. DELUCAS

33D9ADB6-E436-42AE-91A6-30DA2A877775.jpeg
    They seem to have many products out now even a new High speed Hdmi cable 2.0 out
    I wonder if it will be included with the new Z10 etc ?

13. Nice Monkey

I don't really want to buy a new HDMI 2.0 cable anymore should read HDMI 2.1 nowadays to be future proof (truly high speed). But we are moving off-topic.

To move on-topic: They should be selling a HQ XLR-to-RCA analog cable instead! That makes sense as these are not found in the shop around the corner and it should be possible to order it with a X20-Pro.

videobruce likes this.
  14. Any ETA please?
    I'm gonna to buy new amplifier with USB DAC, so I'm very excited that I would like to test it together with new Music Player 3.0 :)

15. Nice Monkey

Except for (maybe) DSD ZidooMusic Player 2.0 will sound exactly the same. Just many more nice features and hopefully a far better stability too.:)

Using a brand-new Onkyo TX-RZ720 myself with it (these are sold relative cheap now that RZ730 replaces it) which has the AKM AK4458 DAC integrated and that combination in fact sounds very well. The RZ720 also deploys Onkyo's own fixed digital filtering called VLSC on the main stereo channels like X20 Pro does via SABRE ES9028 build in 7 filters at choice. This by the way is the same DAC as being used by the famous Oppo UDP203 player. Price/performance this is a very attractive AMP. ;)

The Onkyo also plays stereo MP3/FLAC/DSF files via USB with native DSD support included for DSD/DFF. Did not do extensive listening tests yet but there is not a direct big noticeable difference between Stereo SACD via ZidooMusic Player 2.0 (converted to FLAC 186.4 Mhz) and Onkyo (native DSD) via the RX720. Both audio paths sound just great. Would be very interesting to also compare both with X20 Pro analog output. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  16. I'm mainly concerned with clarity on the screen, creating playlists and other new features :)

17. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Any news?

Martin Wiszczor likes this.
  18. Nice Monkey

Yes I am getting a bit anxious myself too. Taking more time than expected to get it stable? A Beta for just the new player is maybe a good idea?

Also got the Zidoo answer via the Futeko forum that Z9S and Z10 may not get DSD pass-through via RAW HDMI as it is not working yet (next removed from the feature list by Futeko). It is work in progress. This must be valid also for X20/X20-Pro so the first version also for those is unlikely to include this feature. Sound wise ZidooMusic Player 3.0 will therefore unlikely bring real surprises.

Maybe DSD via analog XLR output using SABRE ES9028 for X20-Pro is included as DVD via USB was reported as working? USB is how the chip is connected internally to the main board so it ought to be possible.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Martin Wiszczor likes this.
  19. dferregu

dferregu Member

Thank you very much for the effort.

20. Today is two weeks from the first post regarding "ZIDOO Music 3.0 coming soon!"
    Any news?