Does ZDMC support 24p/30p output?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by Orthon, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Orthon

Orthon Member

I have an X9S with ZDMC 17.6 installed, and I use it to play movies on my NAS. Recently I notice if I play mp4 file, ZDMC can invoke native player and the auto frame rate functionality is working fine, but for wmv file ZDMC will use its own player and cannot provide 24p/30p output. Anybody has the same issue or it's just me?

2. Orthon

Orthon Member

Tried ZDMC 17.6.1, still the same issue.

3. Orthon

Orthon Member

It’s been half a month and seems like nobody is having the same issue? Or nobody is playing wmv file with ZDMC?

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i use ZDMC with the internal player (DVDplayer) , 17.6.1 works ok but it needs a clean install, you can't upgrade from an older version

5. Orthon

Orthon Member

Thank God finally someone replied! I did a clean install, but the issue is still there. I guess it’s because external player doesn’t support wma pro, so ZDMC uses its own player which cannot output 24p/30p. Have you tried with any wmv file with wma pro as its audio format?

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

nop. only MKV

7. Orthon

Orthon Member

Do you mind turning off using external player option and see if internal player can output 24p/30p for your mkv files?

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i don't use external player. only internal. the TV switches to 24p ( don;t have 30 fps movies ), if you ask me to my eye the playback is smooth, but allot will complain about dropt frames

9. Orthon

Orthon Member

Thanks for the info, let me try with some mkv files and see if I can get 24p/30p output with internal player.

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

so. did you try mkv ?

11. Orthon

Orthon Member

Seems like internal player can output 24p, because my TV switch to movie mode automatically. But for 30p I'm not sure, as my TV won't show what's the input frame rate.

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Try the external player using Media Center 2.0 ( need latest firmware update ) Using external trough ZDMC is bugged but using external directly trough media center should output perfect framerate if your TV supports it

13. Orthon

Orthon Member

If I use external player to play my 30p wmv files, my TV will show 1080p 30Hz correctly. But as internal player doesn't support wma pro, so I have to use ZDMC internal player. And as ZDMC internal player doesn't do the "switching frame rate" trick so my TV won't show a black screen first and then show the information for input signal, and that's why I can't tell if the frame rate is really 30p as well or not.

14. Orthon

Orthon Member

Funny thing is, if I use H6 Pro, it can correctly decode those wmv files with audio using its native player.

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

different chipset,

16. nazim zmirli

nazim zmirli New Member

I do not need Kodi or Plex, I asked if they are compatible with Zidoo these Apps (kodi, Plex) for knowing .. Because with the native App of Zidoo "home teather" or ZDMC I can connect to my NAS and see everything the same, right?, benefiting: auto refresh/resolution/colorspace switching.

17. klimbo23

klimbo23 New Member

I don't have any specific plug-in or extension for video Tutuapp 9apps Showbox...unless it's coming from Java. I'm using Firefox browser.

18. crocoyes4

crocoyes4 New Member

I set up my system for 1080p/60p (had to, because my amplifier does not support 4k and with output mode set to 'Auto', there was no picture). For this mode, I had to set Zidoo's screen scale to 97%, to fit the TV screen otherwise the picture was too big and was cut on all sides. I also calibrated the screen size in ZDMC.