Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Techead

Techead Member

I am backing up my old DVD movies (ones that have not been release on blu-ray). I am backing them up as an ISO.

Why you play them they defult to a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Could this get fixed for the next update.

2. manifesto1969

manifesto1969 Member

Unfortunately, it is likely that Zidoo will not spend much, if any time fixing this as DVD is such an old format and the industry has moved on. I suspect you are in the minority which also means they won't spend time on DVD issues.

It's understandable as they will spend their effort on the newer formats or they will lose market share and thus not be profitable.
    If you want a better player for DVD format I would suggest the Mede8er or older Dune players or play them from the original disc on a blu-ray or dvd player.

Not the answer you want - but an honest one :-(

3. Techead

Techead Member

That sucks. it's a simple fix anything outside of 4:3 (1.33:1) aspect ratio display it as 16:9

The aspect ratio of the videos I have tried are 1.85:1

I have tested it with the Kodi native player, and it works, so that is a consolation.

4. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

my friend has some videos download from youtube channel, its cocomelon - nursery ryhmes from ABC kids tv
    cannot find any database on imdb/tmdb or tvdb
    hope we can scrap it manually by downloading the poster and fanart image and make own .nfo then HT2.0 can take it for scan result

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  5. kairi033

kairi033 New Member

Can you help me guys, I have this Korean movie Sex Plate 17 (2017) but I can't get the right poster, I already tried renaming to the following names but still it says unmatched poster.

Sex plate 17
    Seong-pan 17
    Stage 17: Passionate Romance and Fantasy

and also I couldn't find any English subtitle. This is driving me nuts.

6. JohnS

JohnS Member

Movie scraping is done from TMDB if there is not such title in their database you won’t get any match

7. kairi033

kairi033 New Member

I see, then how do you deal this kind of situation? how do you put/get poster and information for the said movie? specifically for this machine.

8. godalmighty

same like my friend`s problem
    he has several videos music from abc kids tv
    but its not on the TMDB/IMDB database
    at least zidoo can make it possible to take the image file from the same folder to be the movie poster when they scanned it

9. Paicito

Paicito New Member

Hi, I'm new to Zidoo X10 and I have a question, how can I dissolve all the collections?, without going one by one? or that HT does not make Collections? THX

10. godalmighty

mine is too aggresive, almost every movies i have get stack in collection :(
    so i have to manually remote it from collection

Paicito likes this.
  11. Zidoo_net

Zidoo_net New Member

Hello everyone, I did not find the answer to my problem on the forum (or maybe it escaped me). I'm using the latest version of Home Theater 2.0 (v1.5.8) on an X9S (fw 2.0.34). I have séveral sources with vidéo files and when I add files inside one of the sources the scan is not done, worse the files do not appear! The update seems impossible. If any of you have solved this problem I accept his help gladly. Thanks in advance
    (I am french, thank you google trad) :(

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I have multiple sources, some of them are not even on all the time and it works for me with a bit of help.

With latest firmware you should be able to select sources within HT. Looking at the list you may have some showing "Scanned" but you know that you just added files to the source. You can click on it and select "Update".

Second issue is when some of the sources are showing as "Disconnected". The easiest way to deal with it is to get out of HT into the Zidoo home page. Select running apps from remote control (button above Play/Pause) and swipe out the HT window. Exit and select HT again. You will have all sources active and refreshed again.

Another separate case is when nothing helps and you can't see the movie in HT but it is in Media Center and it may have poster assigned to a file. Always check if this went into "Unmatched" folder or some other unrelated collection.
    If nothing helps - reboot Zidoo.

Good luck :)

13. Zidoo_net

Zidoo_net New Member

Hello 3DBuff, thank you for your interest. Unfortunately for me none of the methods works. I deleted one of the sources and then add it with 50 files, only 30 are recognized. I ask myself many questions ?

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

This is a bit different from what you said in your previous post: "when I add files inside one of the sources the scan is not done, worse the files do not appear!"

Now your question is when you add 50 files and only 30 are recognized. There was a lot of talk in this forum about not recognized fils specially TV series. Try to do manual search, long push on files in Unrecognized folder. Another option is to find movie ID in IMDB.COM using computer and browser. Copy movie ID number from the address line and search for it in the HT.

15. Zidoo_net

Zidoo_net New Member

I'll try that, thx ... :(

16. JohnS

JohnS Member

From my experience, scanning 3-4 times the same source matched more files each time, then the others with no match I had to do manually match

17. Tim Stephens

Tim Stephens New Member

Any way to change the sorting to ignore "the"?

18. Techead

Techead Member

19. godalmighty

20. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Why to manually search with imdb it, HT 2.0 have to read from nfo file if exist, imdb id is already there.