New firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

it used vention cable
    vention1.jpg vention2.jpg

its not with x9s, its my friend himedia Q10pro, after i update it with newer firmware
    every time after playing a movie, it shows sparkles and then it become worst, flickering and finally black screen
    after restart the box, its fine again and the issue shown again with the same way :(
    all because after playing a movie, the color space change by itself to YCbCr422, if i changed it back to YCbCr420 10bit (the one that i choosed), normal again
    but if i play a movie again, the behaviour comes again :(
    and now its fine after i choosed YCbCr444 10bit :D

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Never heard of vention hdmi cables
    To elliminate any chance of issues it has to be a certified 4k high bandwith hdmi 2.0 cable and a well known Quality brand .

and yes it can make a difference especially when going 4K and longer lengths .

3. godalmighty

in my country that is rare seller that sold 4k certified hdmi cable
    vention is popular in my country, well known as a good quality too and also sold in aliexpress

the strange part is, it happened when i play 1080p hevc 10bit files :(

4. @godalmighty
    You are from? Yes vention is a popular brand in Asia and it's a china brand. True you can get it from Aliexpress. Im from Malaysia and I saw many people using Vention but it's not a Certified HDMI Cable. I prefer Belkin Ultra HD High Speed Cable (Cheap) / FIBBR Ultra Pro Fiber Optic HDMI Cable (Expensive)(Lossless).

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

428FB0B4-EDAE-40BC-A4B0-DA21F0646020.jpeg Cant go wrong with one of these and directional for signal etc and exceeds 18Gbs .

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

vention sell nice hdmi cable
    use em myself on my zidoo and im one that has zero banding/stutter issues

also theyre like 1/4 the price of similar hdmi cables here in NZ

one other known issue EVEN with certified hdmi cables is when length is too short
    ie under 1 mter in length is known to have issues ,just as too long is

theres a whole section on it on AVS Forum

7. godalmighty

i`m your neighbour, Indonesia :D
    i guest belkin only have one type of hdmi cable so far and it still not using golden plate
    and its price twice from vention :(
    in here some sellers sales 4k certified hdmi cable too but how can i trusted it coz i never heard about the brand they selling, especially when it cheap :(

but i think about the hdmi cable is still a mystery
    way back then i`ve tried 4k hdr 30fps content with hdmi1.4 cable and its still work, the HDR signal can delivered to my LG UHD TV

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Cables and the quality of them is a very difficult topic. But I can assure quality differences can be big. The problem is that is impossible to judge by looking at them or trusting the advertising for that matter. I have experienced good quality cables at reasonable prices and relative marginal cables at astronomic prices.
    The specifications (text) on the cable or box can be very misleading too. This for RCA, HDMI and other media cables in general.

How to pick a good one? Riding on experiences of many others is probably the safest way to go. You may also trust a certain (web)shop that does good advice/reviews/positioning. Going to a real high-end Audio shop will work as well, as you will probably get a real good cable but they may have charged you an arm and a leg for it. I always get my cables from web-shops as price/performance is the best found.

An example many years ago got a very long (1o m) quality HDMI cable when I got my first Onkyo Rceiver and needed to hook it up to my first media center being Windows XP on a tower PC. We were talking brand new HDMI 1.3 in those days. Some months ago I needed a long cable to hook up my Epson UHD 4k beamer to my media player and having this one still around just decided to use it for a quick connect. To my own surprise it worked flawless with 4K HDR and also at 60 hrz tests. So I kept it as it fit exactly regarding length. A digital cable works or it does not, having bandwidth problems you will see glitches and or artifacts at moments of bandwidth peak utilization.
    Electric connectivity wise all HDMI cables are identical and backward/upward compatible. It is the shielding, EMP filters (those big bumps near the ends), wire gauge, wire twisting, copper quality etc that makes them pass a certain bandwidth and signal loss at specific distances. All this can be measured well using good lab equipment/meters but is not for the average home user. Distance is a crucially important factor for all cables and it is good practice to buy cables matching as close as possible your setup (looks much better too). Personally do swap occasionally perfect working cables for shorter ones (till even < one meter).

Comments and followup here please to stay on topic:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/getting-a-correct-hdmi-cable.10633/

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    godalmighty and 3DBuff like this.

9. Here in Malaysia there are many type's of Belkin HDMI Cable including Gold Plated.
    Yes Belkin are slightly expensive thn Normal Vention but Vention also sell's High End Cable and the price nearly to Belkin
    so when you compare in same price range, sure you will go for Belkin. Just check the video and his information is very true, the Belkin HDMI Cable can overshoot.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Cable issues will varry based on different setups and equipment. As the bandwidth increases so are the problems with the worse 60Hz 4K deep color and high resolution multichannel audio. Typically it is sparkling even when you pause the video, electronic noise in some spots, screen going black and no signal. Cable related issues should not cause dropped frames or stutter issue.

godalmighty and deusexe like this.
  11. Henk Jan Baard

Henk Jan Baard New Member Beta test group

I think I found another issue (or maybe it was already posted). Dolby HD isn't mixed down to 5.1.

12. godalmighty

yeah maybe next time when HDMI2.1 came :D for now i think my vaention can do the job perfectly
    coz we cannot differ which one the good cable physically, like @Nice Monkey said, we should trusted the high end audio shop that have good credibility
    you should read older posted a few back pages
    the point s, it depend on the HD audio core, on .iso file audio HD have embedded ac-3 for it core
    usually if the HDaudio have 8ch and they embedded ac-3 6ch

Henk Jan Baard likes this.
  13. movd

movd New Member

I was using the hdmi cable that came with it, but I swapped it out and everything is looking good now. I'm able to use 4k 4:4:4 10 bit and I see no banding with this and my AVR is reporting it accurately. I'm happy now.

14. kairi033

kairi033 New Member

Yes! this is one good example and I also had a green horizontal line randomly appearing.

But all problems are gone when I downgraded back to fw1.4.12, I'm satisfied. Again, I will reiterate my problem;

On the latest fw I have to enable the HDMI V2.0 on my TV settings in order for the 4K HDR content to works and all of the reported problems happen (Sparkles, green horizontal line and sudden black screen/no signal) even watching a 1080p non hdr content has the same problems.

but on fw 1.4.12 I don't have to enable the HDMI V2.0 on my TV settings and still 4K HDR content still works and all problems are gone. So I'm thinking that if there is a way for 4k HDR content to work on the latest fw without enabling HDMI V2.02 on my TV then maybe just maybe this problems might not show at all.

15. thrang

thrang Member

Is there an ETA for the next firmware? And is the 23.976 issue going to be addressed (meaning, will it FINALLY output 23.976 as required for elimination of the frame skips)

Martin Wiszczor likes this.
  16. godalmighty

that video is when i was update firmware to my friend`s Q10pro
    just like your problems, it happen when after i played a movie, even its not a 4k HDR content
    then i tried to downgrade the firmware, but it still happened, then i tried to update it again to the latest firmware
    but i think its not causing by the firmware but with when it flashed :(
    after the latest update, i found the space color default set to YCbCr444 10bit
    not like before, YCbCr422, but when i changed it to YCbCr444 10bit, after playing a movie it changed back to YCbCr422 :( and the sparkles appeared, if you let it, it gonna show some flickering, for me is not a green horisontal lines but white and after that, black screen then no signal :(
    the sparkles will disappeared if i changed back to YCbCR444 10bit
    i`m not sure if the firmware causing that coz many others user with the same firmware did not suffered that

so i think maybe its all about setting, not about firmware that causing your X9S habit like that

for me this latest firmware is ok, my tv is LG 55UH650T, using vention HDMI2.0 cable

17. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Why is WiFi not turning off ??
    When using fixed ethernet ip.

When turning off Bluetooth, its still transmitting and looking for x20 remote.
    See running apps under devellopper.
    Its x9s....not x20.

When will 1080p 25fps finally output as 50fps again?

18. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

In fact you are asking the box to implement de-interlacing which I understand is not included into the SOC. It is possible to do so in software but this requires specialized programming and also consumes quite a bit of CPU power.

I don't expect this to come. Asked for it ages ago, but my personal needs are dropping as almost all my exceptional DVD's have been upgraded to BD's.

19. movd

movd New Member

I'm a new Zidoo user, but I have noticed some frame skips with 23.976, but it seems to vary with the content. My Remux 1080p rips seems to have it the worst. I'm not sure, but I don't necessarily think it is not outputting 23.976, but there is something else going on. @3DBuff explains it well here.

@thrang, is this the issue for you too or is there more to it for you?

20. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Ok, but it does 720p 25fps ok. (Output as 50fps)
    Btw it was also doing 1080p ok in earlier firmware. ( below 1.4.12)
    All BBC series are 25 FPS in 1080p.
    What you mean is 1080i . (Television)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.