New firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Screenshot (2).png
    Thanks for the test. By the way @mirror confirmed that he will fix in next FW.

2. Thank you for testing..

3. burton

burton Member

I noticed that as well in web-dl videos.It is very annoying and did not happen in older versions.It must be fixed immediately!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I just did a bit of testing on this. The movie that I started to watch yesterday was WEB-DL from FGT. I couldn't take the frequent stutter and had to stop the movie. I tested it again using Zidoo Kodi player. The video had single frame skips.

Today I played the same movie from the same NAS on projector using RaspberryPi. Zero issues, none. I connected PC laptop to my TV where Zidoo is and played the same move using Kodi. Same as RaspberryPi flowing smooth. I start up Zidoo and tried same move again with Zidoo Kodi (ZDMC) player. Very frequent single frame skips. I tried it also with all motion processing disabled, raw 24fps - continuous single frame skips.

I agree with @burton and don't remember this or not as bad on previous firmware v2.0.25. I think it started on .32 and it is really bad on .34.
    It is the Zidoo player issue using native hardware player and Kodi player. At this point those movies are unwatchable. This issue could also be tied in to this single frame skip issue on HD and 4K high quality videos that we are complaining about for a long time.

5. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

ahh...i see
    using only 1.5m cable not expensive but still got a brand "vention"
    not suffered from that spark issue :D
    just used my old xiaomi phone mi5
    yes, tripod helps the shaking
    good news
    but for me all my .iso files still work, only the demo files that cant:(

6. Oh i dont use ISO files for movies, just MKV files between 15GB - 25GB and the video bitrate should be 15mb/s and above with loseless Audio Track. I'm only using ISO files for Demo Disc.

7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

The longer the length of a HDMI cable it can introduce random sparkles on screen was so common on seeing on Plasma screen panels etc . ( req a quality shielded hdmi cable ]
    But most now are Lcd tech or oled panels so dont know if the same applies on visual ?

But anything that feeds 4K req a certified Branded 4K Hdmi 2.0 cable as can cause all sorts of issues as well as Audio dropouts on the new Audio formats Atmos etc especially .............

The Zidoo supplied is not up to the job it seems .

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I took a couple of slow motion videos with my iPhone of the stutter issue on Web-Dl movies. The slow motion recording was captured at 120fps with playback speed at 30fps. There are 5 frames captured per every source frame. TV has all motion processing disabled and set for 24fps to follow film cadence. The stutter cycle appears roughly every 4 to 5 min. It lasts about a second in real time and goes back to normal film cadence.

First move is with stutter issue. Second move is the same part and set up just recorded again. Typically stutter doesn't happen in the same place. It's more time based.

The same movie was tested with Raspberry Pi and PC without any issues connected to the same TV.

Zidoo, please investigate. We want X9S box to be the best :)

9. kairi033

kairi033 New Member

I don't really know what's wrong but I can tell you this, all the problems I have on the latest fw is not present on fw1.4.12. I even bought brand new HDMI cables but still the same result.

I would like to know from you guys which fw do you think is the most stable one so far?

10. DELUCAS

Im on 2.0.25 using X10 ( x9s , X10 essentially the same )
    But only using a 1080p Monitor mkv files never had an issue and playback super smooth and picture Quality depending on mkv normally Excellent i find .
    Cannot comment on 4K yet.

Have you another playback device to use to see if the sparkles appear as well ?
    Is it only seen using the Zidoo ?
    Try a ps3 / 4 or ?

How long is the length of hdmi cable ?
    Or its your settings on your screen / Zidoo / Receiver ?

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I don’t think firmware.25 had the stutter issue like I’m showing above in slomo videos. You probably have those single frame dropouts but just don’t see it (not too frequent). MKV files are doing my stutter from above video with low bitrate L 4.0. Higher bitrate files L 4.1 from BD don’t do the statter just single frame dropouts. It’s like video decoder has too much power and drops to idle speed skipping frames. The only files free from dropped frames or stutter are 3D MVC true double frame 3D ;)

12. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

1.4.12 is better than all following fw versions.
    Only problem in 1.4.12 for me are those flashing subtitles (PGS unwatchable).

13. movd

movd New Member

If I set the Zidoo display to 4k 23.976Hz, I don't think changing it to 10 or 12 bit is doing anything. I see banding and suspected it is staying 8bit (444 or 422 is the same). Is that what you guys are saying?

I'd prefer to leave the output to 4k 23.976 so I don't have to wait for a refresh/resolution change and the movie will start right away.

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  15. movd

movd New Member

Thanks for the reply. I tested all combinations of resolutions/colorspace/bit depths for 23.976Hz. The Martian UHD opening was what I was using to test. The only combination that had no banding was 1080p 4:4:4 10 bit and my AVR reported it as a bit depth of 10. Every combination of 4k resolution had banding and my AVR could not report the bit depth except for 1 combination - 4k 23.976Hz RGB444 12bit, my AVR did report a bit depth of 8.

Using my Nvidia Shield at 4k 23.976Hz BT2020 4:2:2 12bit, I do not have any banding. My TV is a Vizio P Series and AVR is Denon X1200W.

16. highonthehog

highonthehog New Member

Am using the Benq TK800 "UHD" projector.

After trying various combinations,

have settled on the following settings which, to me, has the best image for both HD, 4k, 4k + HDR.

Frame rate and resolution = on
    Deep Color Mode = 12 bit
    Color Space Mode = 4:4:4
    BT2020 only for HDR sources

No banding.

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Try without AVR.

18. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

you mean sparkles like this

19. DELUCAS

That can be caused by many things shielding if a hdmi cable is near a power source etc can have that effect
    Cheap or non properly shielded cables .

Incorrect settings possible or even a screen fault ?

20. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Also make sure no device with motor ex: fan on the same circuit. Avoid to let wire interweave, seclude any antenna from wire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.