New firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riddleace

riddleace Member

i wish this will be true and ZIDOO will fix it... by the way this looks very similary to ZiDOO Poster Wall 2.0

did ZiDOO make copy it? :)

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Look at Music Player 2.0 from both companies and you will observe the same. They at least use the same (open) resources for development and probably watch each other very carefully. Own players from among-st others Zidoo and Egreat myself.

Lately development is a bit faster from Zidoo while it used to be the other way around. My zidoo X9S re-gained preferred player status with me at the current state beating my Egreat A11 for my living room: +Poster Wall, +Music Player, +Picture Viewer and +Subtitle download. The biggest drawback used to be -Seamless Branching but this is now in a more or less acceptable state. For PQ , (UHD) BDMenu processing and general video player functions they are very much on par.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    riddleace likes this.
  3. riddleace

riddleace Member

Can you compare PQ?
    thanks

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

For me PQ in both 1080P and 4K modes are very similar. This next to being subjective and depending on the TV/Projector used. For me it is not a real differentiator and not a valid reason to buy the one or the other. Also it does not really matter if you get a cheap model X9S/A5 or the top line X20/A11.

riddleace likes this.
  5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

There are many variables to take in to account upon choosing one from the other

Good software support
    The look of a product and finish / connections / size etc
    And the userness and the way it opperates and look of o/s and software it supports / apps
    And upgradebillity as in future proof [ Android 7.1 ] [ HDR10 + ]
    Of course Picture and sound is on top of the list as well .

No good having an expensive product fully supported and all the bells and whistles if Pic and sound are below par .

6. riddleace

riddleace Member

Yes, you have right but...
    Egreat A5/10/11 they will have Android 7 too, they already anounced in 2017 and thats HDR10+ too... and Zidoo promised too

7. DELUCAS

Its all about choice some forum members i know swap ,flip ,change from media box to another and back again .
    I nicknamed the Egreat to Egrief upon hearing forum members moaning about the make and its issues but with Android boxes they all have there faults .......

Ive stuck with Zidoo as it does what i req and software updates regularly and fingers crossed Android 7.1 later
    and with the next update adds something new .

So far im happy but some are never happy it seems .

riddleace likes this.
  8. riddleace

riddleace Member

I hope thats Zidoo will make some improvement, i am really fun of this mark...

9. DELUCAS

What are you not happy about ?

10. riddleace

riddleace Member

I have problem on my 4K projector with detecting right signal. One of my friend have some 4K Epson projector but he choice DUNE 4K PRO and he doesnt have problem with color space mode and deep space mode because he can setup it on every resolution like at write on this link. When i try run some 1080p movies its switch to 10-12bit on auto mode and this is not corect if content is in 8bit. On 4K movies all works greate but not on 1080p. I always must change some seting and because this i am little shy...

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...zidoo-x8-x9s-x10-x20-x20pro.10163/#post-43453

11. DELUCAS

There are many work arounds and settings to be changed and every equipment is different
    First i take you have certified high bandwith hdmi 2.0 cable etc
    I take it you have changed and tested all the colour space / deep space settings in the Zidoo ?

Cant comment on 4k with projector as dont use one and maybe a setting in the projector settings ?
    Are they the same as your friends ?

12. riddleace

riddleace Member

yes i have high bandwith hdmi cable, right now i use v2.1, they works perfect on my AT4K and OPPO 203
    yes i tested all choices :) only manual set works

Nop, you cant set it in the sources, some movies works perfect on AT4K or OPPO 203, and yes my friend have some 4K projector like me Epson EH-TW9300/9300W. When i will be at home i will make some screens.

DELUCAS likes this.
  13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I'm curious about it. Post some shots with the difference when 1080p on 12 bit is giving an issue.
    I have Epson projector but not 4K. I see higher bit depth coming from Zidoo but didn't pay much attention to it. Didn't notice the difference in a short test. My 4K HDR TV is not showing me info about the source signal :(

I'm really interested now to see the issue.

14. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i dont see any similar with e-great :(

15. riddleace

riddleace Member

with Poster Wall 2.0? :)

16. TyGreen

TyGreen New Member

Upgraded to the new firmware. I like that if you had a BD or 4k movie it will put a BD or 4K in the upper right corner of the poster. However, I've found the scanning in HT 2.0 to be slow. If I make a change on the hard drive and go back to HT 2.0 it will scan the entire drive for changes. I have an 8tb hard drive that is almost full(1.34tb left) and it taking about 10 mins or more. The previous version was a lot quicker.

17. riddleace

riddleace Member

I made some screenshot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@riddleace give us some explanation of what the issue is. I see your projector displaying signal data but I don't see the issue on your screen.
    Do you get black or white clipping, or banding from 12 bit stream based on 8 bit source? Is it just the signal being stretched over 12 from 8 bit sorce without noticeable issue?

19. Are you sure it works well for HT2.0 ? By the way are you using HDMI/SPDIF ?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  20. riddleace

riddleace Member

Hi, in this changing i see diference more sense on 3D MVC. Color are not equal, some time i think i see banding. But when i set it like here (Deep Color Mode :OFF and Color Space Mode :YCbCr444)
    [​IMG]

All works perfect, on auto this dont works, they will prefere 12bit. I wish thats Zidoo will have bether seting like DUNE have.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope they will make some improvement on ZiDOO :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.