Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

could you give me a simple example

i use 3hdd, 2 attached to my docking and pass it to usb3.0 port in box and 1 is attached to sata port

2. JohnS

JohnS Member

All the black screen switching is because of the HDMI limitation. In the future HDMI 2.1 they will support Quick Media Switching (meaning no black screen between switching) but it is unclear if the existing devices could support it.
    https://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1507035457 (look under The HDR container -->Update 5.12.2017)

dr4go likes this.
  3. godalmighty

i don bother about the black screen, all i bother is why they have to play the file for 2seconds and then do the auto switch then continue playing the file
    with Q10pro they just delay or showing a black screen for a couple seconds from you start playing the file

4. With the new firmware for X10 I can't play some 4K movies that have been played before. There are still playable trough file explorer & the old player.

5. JohnS

JohnS Member

Because of the HDMI handshaking, even apple could not resolve that, but anyway (for me), i don't find that as much as a a problem. But i do believe there is a better way to change resolution - framerate without loosing 2-3 sec of the movie playing. If i remember correctly my popcornhour A300 changed resolution without missing the movie played

6. Techead

Techead Member

Any om else having issues with HT 2.0 scrapping "Mom" , "S.W.A.T" and "Station 19" TV shows.
    I am using the 2.0.32 on the X9S
    It does not pick up Mom at all
    S.W.A.T = Stargate Atlantis
    Station 19 = Station (looks like a German show)
    also, have an issue with the Loony tunes original 1930 cartoon

7. I've always used X9S Zidoo connected to the Time Capsule and never had trouble watching movies. After the last two updates, the movies will lock up every 5 seconds after they work. When I watch the KODI 17.6 and perfect. This only happens in x9S with HT 2.0 or ZDMC 17.6.1.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

8. godalmighty

i hope so, at least they can do like maybe popcorn or Q10pro did
    have you re matched it?
    use imdb id for precise match with our collection

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

HT2 is driving me nuts! Any help would be very much appreciated:

As examples of the kind of problems I'm having:

Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters (2016) are both appearing as A & B films in "Ghostbusters"

I've tried removing the brackets, tried changing the name to "Ghostbusters Answer the Call" but I assume because both films are called "Ghostbusters" presumably in TMDB, they are put together in the same container as A & B.

Also, "The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1" and "The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2" are both put in the same container as A & B.

In both examples above, I can delete the matchings and then rematch to the correct movies using the IMDB numbers and everything appears perfectly in separate movies, but next time the box scrapes anything, or simply reboots, they revert to the previous joined state. Mad!

10. godalmighty

you can read my post in page 17 :D
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...tips-questions-tricks.7436/page-17#post-42864

but if you stll have a problem when you reboot your box after rematch it
    i think it something wrong, coz when i rematch my collection, i got nothing changed even after rebooting
    maybe you can try to factory reset
    but dont be scare if after factory reset you found that HT is not install
    just reboot it once or try to factory reset again and HT is back

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Many thanks - I also found that HT2 doesn't like hyphens - so if you remove them from titles, it scrapes more reliably.

For example the Transformers movies - all mine are like " Transformers - Dark of the Moon.mkv" and all 5 end up in one container as A, B, C, D & E but if I remove the hyphens, eg. "Transformers Dark of the Moon.mkv" they are seen separately.

12. godalmighty

nope, my file name not using hyphens and sometimes it still stack on A&B
    but for i know if we using words like "Part 1" absolutely they gonna stack it in A&B in one poster
    just like "the Hangover" "the Hangover part 2" "the Hangover part3" or "The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part1" "The Hunger Games Mockongjay Part2"

13. Techead

Techead Member

The scraper goes from right to left instedof left to right for english titles. so if there is any word at the end of the file name that will be the first thing that it will match.

It.2017.1080P..bluryay.SPARKS

SPARKS will be the first thing that it reconizes.

for the part 2

It does it for Firday The 13th as well (Part 2 and Part 3) PART # is part of the title.

14. JohnS

JohnS Member

Don’t rename anything! Just press re-match and when you search for the title (1)on the left section pick the right movie of search results (2) on the middle of the screen it shows you the file to match (3) so pick the right one (you will have 2 files checked leave the correct one checked) and hit ok. See attached img

Attached Files:

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. godalmighty

but i dont think so for tv shows :(
    mostly for my movies i dont have any problem and the rematch is quite good
    but for tv shows i hope this firmware v.2.0.32 have a good result too
    i cannot try coz i dont have any new episodes or season to add

16. godalmighty

17. JohnS

JohnS Member

I don't have a clue! :(
    But, to be honest i don't bother at all even from this little annoyance (black screen)
    I believe that i9f your most sources are 1080p 24 and you set your tv to 1080p 24 you won't have the black screen switching for most of the time. Mine is 1080 and i stopped downloading 720p :) or anything less than 1080p

dr4go likes this.
  18. Markswift2003

That's exactly what I tried first. I got everything exactly as I wanted it then left the box for a couple of hours and when I came back to it, most (but not all!) of the previous errors had returned. and in fact new ones had appeared to0 - it rescraped "The Lost Word - Jurassic Park" to "The Lost World" 1960!!

Bonkers.

Anyway, I think I've cracked it now - it really doesn't like hyphens or brackets when there is another film with the same start string.

Example:

It seems happy with "Jumanji - Welcome to the Jungle" because I don't have another film starting with "Jumanji" but it throws a fit with the Transformers films seemingly because they all start with "Transformers" and 4 of them have a hyphen in the name.
    Remove the hyphen then they split out and stay split out into separate movies.

Anyway, problem solved even if I'm not sure how..

Until I add another film when I totally expect it to go mad again.... Anyway, keeps it entertaining.

19. JohnS

JohnS Member

Yes it keeps us busy :):p

20. godalmighty

me too :(

oops...i set my HDMI to 1080@60hz, ok i will try to set it to @24hz
    almost all my files is 1080p @23.976

edit:
    now i set HDMI to 1080p @24hz
    still the same, they play about 2seconds then black screen for auto switch about 2seconds too and continue playing :(

and something new i found here, if you choosed auto switch only for frame rate they would do the resolution too

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018