ZDMC release 20.1 (x8/x9s/x10)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by bob, Jul 31, 2017.

1. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Yes it’s working great for 1080p files.
    For 4K and passthrough there are still some problems..

2. burton

burton Member

Thank you.Can i i nstall it over 17.6 or must i do clean install?

3. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Unfortunately you must do a clean install..

4. burton

burton Member

In the new 17.6.1. i get "Make sure the selected folder is writable and folder name is valid." in quasar when i try to set the file pathname to external hard disk...any solutions?(no such problem with 17.6)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  5. antenna

antenna New Member

With 17.6.1, can not delete file of external usb driver. No problem with 17.6. Roll back to 17.6.

6. burton

burton Member

But then we will not have 23,967 as it is missing from 17.6. .....

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  7. burton

burton Member

What settings must i have in
    Adjust display refresh rate
    and
    Sync playback to display?

DribbleTool likes this.
  8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

this was a problem before. strange it works with 17.6 . anyway you need to get HDD write permision using xposed framework and a plugin , you can find the guide on the forum. it was discussed before

9. Logandros

Logandros New Member

I've just recently installed ZDMC 17.6.1 on to a new X10 I just purchased. I'm unable to browse SMB shares, is this a known issue? I have no problem browsing SMB in Media Center or Home Theater 2.0

Edit: To clarify, when I hit browse I get 0 results.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  10. rami

rami New Member

11. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Will the Zidoo native player ever be able to communicate times and watched status etc with ZDMC?

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

seeing how they switched focus from zdmc+external player to home theater 2.0. probably not.

13. The Home Theater 2.0 continues choking during the movie, it stops for a few seconds and then comes back normally, I already installed everything from Zero alone and without the other programs and still giving the same problem, and in ZDMC 17.6 the same problem and with movies in network server and direct HD on it, but before I did not have this problem. Kodi is the only one that works without choking, HD movie connected directly on it or on the server.
    Help

14. DribbleTool

DribbleTool Member

What is your CPU/Memory usage looking like? You can find the info somewhere in the kodi/zdmc settings.
    Perhaps have a look if there are multiple apps runing in the background and close them if so.

15. DribbleTool

DribbleTool Member

Also would like an answer for this.
    Is passthrough working okay with 1080p content?

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

^ I'm not an expert in this field but as far as I understand this system all adjustments in ZDMC > Settings > System > Display and Audio are for Kodi player not Zidoo player. The same will apply to ZDMC > Settings > System > Player it effects Kodi player only.

The difference between the Zidoo player and Kodi (ZDMC) player:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...tips-questions-tricks.7436/page-18#post-43080
    To try both players you can go to movie selection and press Menu on remote in ZDMC. Scroll down to "Play using..." and you will have option of
    1. ZidooPlayer (Default),
    2. VideoPlayer - Kodi player

You really have to have a good reason not to use Zidoo player.
    The adjustments for Zidoo player are in Zidoo Home screen under Quick Settings. You can adjust display and Audio settings there.

When you do run into Kodi player for some reason then typically you would want to set:
    ZDMC > Settings > Player > Videos > Playback -> Adjust display refresh rate to ALWAYS and Sync playback to display OFF.

Typically you want the player to send original source frame rate to the TV without any changes. TV should match internal screen refresh rate to source frame rate. This would give true cinematic experience like 24fps celuloid film. With newer TV's you can still apply motion processing or frame interpolation to smooth out film judder if desired.
    Setting Adjust Display Refresh Rate to OFF will keep refresh rate at fixed number like 60 or 30Hz preset in Settings > System > Display -> General -> Refresh rate even if source is 24fps.

Sync playback to display is for Kodi player to correct frames when display is fixed like 60Hz computer monitors. Some displays can't adjust screen refresh rate to match 24fsp film. Kodi will apply 3:2 pulldown or some other form or repeating / blending frames to make a better motion.

videobruce likes this.
  17. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Quick question, I have several folders with downloaded demo files(scenes), but when I use the much preferred Zidoo player, I can not get those files to play continuously. When the current file ends, Zidoo just goes back the list again. But, if I switch to the Video player, there is a menu setting enabling continuous playback of all the files in the folder and it plays all of them. Any tips for getting the Zidoo player to act the same way when using ZDMC?

18. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Should I be able to play frame packed 3D mkv files through Kodi's native player?

19. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I find that I can NOT play them with the Kodi Video Player... I need to select the Zidoo player for 3D mkv files...

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

There is no support for 3D frame packing MVC in Kodi main stream. Those files won’t play on PC using standard version of Kodi. Only custom build Kodi fork MVC version for PC or Raspberry Pi version can play it.

Zidoo player is using hardware decoder based on Realtek chipset to play 3D MVC streams.
    Kodi player from ZDMC is a plain Android version without support for 3D MVC.