Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. JoX

JoX New Member

Oh.........I got this 'black screen' so this is auto switch. Yes I use auto switch option. Any other option to use? A lot of resolution to choose very confusing to me.

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Auto switching would be the preferred option. Native Zidoo player follows source video file resolution and frame rate giving you thrue to source output. TV or projector scales the signal to match the native panel resolution and it should adjust internal panel refresh rate to match the source frame rate. After that you can still apply motion processing (frame interpolation) if desired.

By selecting your own resolution and frame rate you are forcing Zidoo player to process every stream to fixed standard and TV doing it again to match the display panel.

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Are you taking about black screen after 2, 3 seconds or the video playback is chocking every 2, 3 seconds?
    Nobody else is complaining about video chocking. It must be something on your system. Plug in this drive or the stick to computer and see if it works OK. Kodi is not using Zidoo player and running much lower resolution and bandwidth based on the source file. It stutters a lot in my case.

4. JoX

JoX New Member

Thanks for the explanation.

5. yes (Auto Switch)

6. the video playback is chocking every 2, 3 seconds

But when I use KODI - it does not matter the source it - works perfectly

My problem is in Home Theater 2.0 e Kodi 17.6

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

^ Home Theater and ZDMC are using hardware decoder. It works with 3D frame packing and 4K HDR ISO files from local USB and remote NAS. Those are the largest and most demanding file types. I don't see anybody complaining about play-ability issues with HT. What kind of files do you have trouble with? I noticed some low resolution videos are forcing Kodi player and then it stutters.

Kodi installed from the net or using internal Kodi player from ZDMC is using software/CPU decoder. Unless the file is very small with low bandwidth it stutters. I can see stuttering when playing trailers from Youtube when internal Kodi player is engaged in ZDMC.

If you see issues with HT / ZDMC chocking every 2, 3 seconds it must be related to your system. You need to debug it yourself a bit. Check with Zidoo technical support. They may have some ideas for you to try. Make a short video with the issue and post it here.

8. Israel

Israel New Member

Im using it with good results for dvd, bluray and 4k

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Here are some pictures to clear up the player versions.

Internal hardware Zidoo player images below. This player is based on Realtek chipset. Plays 3D Frame Packing MVC (3D Blu-Ray) files and 4K HDR plus all others. High performance and low CPU usage. Preferred player for all files. In ZDMC under Settings > Player > Use External Player ON. It is external to Kodi (ZDMC) build.
    IMG_0221.JPG IMG_0223.JPG

Below are images of Kodi native player. You get it in ZDMC as second option Settings > Player > Use External Player OFF or if you download Kodi for Android. Some file formats may force this player even if external is selected. Youtube trailers are played using this player as well. Images of original Estuary skin player and Aeon Nox skin version. This player is software/CPU intensive, no support for 4K HDR or MVC 3D files. It stutters on various compression formats.
    screenshot001.png screenshot000.png Screenshot_20180621-195208.png screenshot003.png

Please correct if anything is wrong or missing. We all should call them Zidoo and Kodi players, not external ;)

10. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

and thats why i bought this box, for not using kodi :D

11. JohnS

JohnS Member

In the earlier versions of HT2.0 when you added or removed a movie -tv show from a watched folder, it forced movie wall to refresh showing the new added or removed files. In this version (as it comes with 2.25 fw) auto folder refreshing is stuck on “scanning” you have to manually stop the folder from scanning and then select “update” on sources in order to scan the new content. It is very frustrating could you please fix it? In previous versions worked fine

12. godalmighty

it happened to me too but not always
    after i cleared HT data and factory reset, did a fresh scanned
    till now it never happen again

13. JohnS

JohnS Member

Thanks, I was hopping to avoid factory reset but I’ll give it a try!

14. JohnS

JohnS Member

Help! I did a factory reset and lost HT2.0, is there a download link?

15. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Just did a search on forum and find it right away...

16. JohnS

JohnS Member

would you be kind to post the link?

17. JohnS

JohnS Member

Because i had some issues with the automatic source update (it got stack on refreshing when a new movie - tv show was added) i got bold, so i tried factory reset, as a result, i lost HT app. I couldn't find a separate apk to install (latest version) so i did a fresh 2.025 install. After a new factory reset, HT app was erased again. It would be nice if zidoo could post the Home Theater apk as a separate download, in the downloads section or patch the firmware so after a factory reset the Home Theater app is not deleted. The good thing is that all this firmware re-install and factory reset did not affect the openwrt section.

18. godalmighty

JohnS likes this.
  19. JohnS

JohnS Member

Thanks I didn’t try reboot but I installed the version mentioned and it’s the old one, it doesn’t update to the latest one.