The All new zidoo X20

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by DELUCAS, May 25, 2018.

1. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

I strongly recommend Western Digital over Seagate. A bit more expensive but overall much better and quite a lot noiseless!

2. vadergr

vadergr Member

WD RED series is probably the best option.
    Did zidoo announce the maximum hdd size per slot?

3. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Thanks for the answers
    WD Red is just 5400rpm, it's not a coincidence that there is slower access to data? (including reading, copying). And how it is for viewing poster wall in HT or ZDMC. I understand that it does not affect the smoothness of movie playback.

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

up to 10tb by HDD.

No, 5400 rpm is enough.

vadergr likes this.
  5. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Ok, thank you very much for the information :)

6. vadergr

vadergr Member

Got mine yesterday. More or less the same experience as yours.
    I dont worry about the minor bugs though. They should be ironed out from Zidoo in the next FW releases.

Impressive unit in any case...

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

does raid 0 work with 2 hdds ?

8. vadergr

vadergr Member

I don't think it is possible.

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

thers ride option in openwrt for x10. so a test is needed with a box that actually has 2 hdd;s

10. vadergr

vadergr Member

So, no Play Store is installed in X20 series?

11. vadergr

vadergr Member

http://mediaplayers.gr/zidoo-x20/

Plays like a Zidoo :p

Better user interface and all the obvious (build quality, features), but it is more like a Zidoo X10 on steroids.
    Given the more... PRO profile of the model, i don't mind the omission of the Play Store but You-Tube should be included.

As expected by many, the banding 4K issue was indeed present. I got a workaround though by selecting 12bit color and 4:2 profile.
    In contrary, i got no banding issues with 1080p material. I tested a lot of BD's with white sky and such, but mostly Blade Runner 2049 at the scene near the 11th minute with the guy reaching the tree. The sky is filled with banding issues with the UHD rip. I got clear picture with the Blu-Ray rip.

If there is any specific movie/scene i can check with banding issues (i am reffering to blu rays, not uhd), please tell me.

I also got no application errors (could be random, dunno).

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    leonkoum likes this.
  12. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Posterwall reads information from .nfo files created by KODI, does it download new information from TVDB?
    Does support forced subtitles ?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  13. polvic

polvic New Member

Greetings from Russia, from Moscow. Ole-ole-ole, World Cup 2018 !!! ;)
    I'll get my X20 tonight.
    Help with the questions:
    1.) How can I make an archive copy of the firmware of the whole System so that in case of problems with the programs I could restore the original / factory firmware? Does the machine have a "factory reset" button? Is there a "Reset" button?
    2.) Can I install the Android applications that I need (without changing the OS version 6.0)?
    3. Or should I not install my Android-applications before upgrading to OS 7.0?

14. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

Very quick question,does the X20 play Video at 23.8.Thank you very much.

15. vadergr

vadergr Member

Yes it does :)

andyt1000 likes this.
  16. vadergr

vadergr Member

1) You mean including your settings/files/apps? I do not think it is possible. Although i am away now, usually Zidoo includes fail safe/restore options.
    2) As it is now, you can only sideload them. Google Play Store will be added in future update.
    3) I believe that a factory reset will not be necessary when the update to next android version will be released. You can setup your device prior to the update.

17. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

Cheers mate.

vadergr likes this.
  18. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Yesterday I finally connected the new x20 and ...... :(

1. After switching on the Zidoo x20 the remote control does not work (only the off button is active). For the remote control to work I have to pull out and insert the batteries. After restarting Zidoo - again the same.

Maybe there's a blockage in the remote?

2. The fan is set to auto and it is loud (buzzing)

3. Home Theater does not read .nfo files created by KODI and does not support Polish, which makes it virtually useless for me - it does not recognize most films. Some of the films I have are Polish, which do not even exist in the TMDB database.

Anyone have any idea about the above problems?

19. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Are the wi fi aerials connected up ?
    Have you enabled bluetooth on set up ?

20. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Wi-fi antennas not connected
    bluetooth connected