Zidoo X20 PRO...my humble opinion (FW2.2.85)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by OlivierQC, May 26, 2018.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi all,

It is just my opinion,

The price seems expensive but it is not the case, compared to similar devices and without giving any brand or model, the price of zidoo is competitive, i think it will be a success for Zidoo...once again :)

As i said before, the finish of Zidoo X20/PRO is good.

The remote control is pleasant to use, nicely fits in the hand, I have nothing to report particular about it, i like it a lot.

[​IMG]

the VFD of the X20 is the same as the X10 and it is a good choice from Zidoo, I like it a lot on the X10.

[​IMG]

----------------

the X20 is a big box, it has a width of 43cm and fit with most consumer receivers.

The Zidoo x9S and X10 are very small when they are side by side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Schumy and zarathoestra like this.
  2. Swade507

Swade507 New Member

I'm still confused, what is the difference between x20 and the x20 pro? And what is the cost difference.

I liked the fact it has a faster cpu, the potentially useful extra ram but also the 32 go emmc memory so more apps can be used more efficiently.

To take advantage of the unit's potential I guess you need to go to the operating system 7 however you loose the use of many apk's such as living wallpapers when you do as they don't seem to be updated in play store and 7 is not that backwards compatable.

The cost hike is huge I would have preferred they just offered an updated x10 for cup,ram & emmc the real things I want and cut the cost.

3. OlivierQC

Hi all,

I got an error message this morning.

[​IMG]

the problem of space between the rows of poster is not fixing

[​IMG]

Weird things with media center ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

See you

4. OlivierQC

Hi all,

An error message this evening

[​IMG]

5. OlivierQC

Hi all,

For information :

ISO SACD multi CH is not supported, Only SACD stereo DSF,stereo DFF, stereo DSD.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

But will that change later with updates
    Or thats it ?
    Or limitation with Android 6.1 ?

7. OlivierQC

if i do not make any mistake the Dune serie pro rtd 1295 revison B android 7 either...it must be a limitation of Android I guess

8. Valera

Valera Member

Probably, this is hardware related issue. I do not think that the android can analyze bitstream.
    Can you write something about sound quality. Does it sound good using analog rca output? I hoped x20pro can output analog sound in high quality compared that the external dacs deliver. Thank you.

9. vadergr

vadergr Member

The X20 PRO seems even better for the price than the X20. But only if you intend to use it for music listening via its DAC/XLR.
    The cost of a quality design standalone DAC+XLR unit is a X20 PRO unit alone.
    I am not aware though of the exact DAC design/circuit that Zidoo has implemented. The photos are impressive, but that does not necesarily mean anything sonic wise.

@OlivierQC , Have you made any comparison to other DACs ? Are you impressed by the ingrated DAC of the X20 PRO?

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

We all will need to wait for the new Music Player 3.0 including dedicated audio drivers. This to enable output via the DAC. I also expect the new drivers to enable HQ MCH output via HDMI including HQ MCH SACD and LPCM.

The launch of X20 PRO probably is waiting for that.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  11. vadergr

vadergr Member

!!!
    The ESS DAC+XLR is not enabled yet?

12. OlivierQC

we'll talk about it but I think that the multi channel will not be available according to Zidoo Team

Réponse de Zidoo à ce jour :
    "We support this
    SACD (Super Audio CD) (stereo DSF,stereo DFF, stereo DSD)
    About the others, I am sorry that we don't support."

Donc pas de multi ch.. la discussion continue.

see you

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

As long as MCH via LPCM works it will do for me. Strange enough that works just fine via Android on all players I tried .

14. looun

looun Member

there are NOT playstore and not google service.... why?!?

15. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Either its new release in basic form
    Or its coming later with updates
    Or there locking it down for less issues ?

vadergr likes this.
  16. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Alot of money....but thankfully you get alot of crap for it.

17. vadergr

vadergr Member

Google Play Store will be added in future update. Until then, you can sideload your favorite applications.

You get a lot indeed. We should wait to check its final street price when there will be availability from more retailers.

18. rkann

rkann Member

19. Alpha1

Alpha1 New Member

Mine X20 pro came with the latest firmware 1.2.20 out of the box,i have look around in the net and i even can''t find the firmware.

I think you must contact Zidoo

20. johnnycmhk22519320

johnnycmhk22519320 New Member

i also finding the new FW too