Firmware v1.0.28 for Zidoo H6pro

Discussion in 'H6 Pro Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 11, 2018.

1. Codruț

Codruț New Member

His approach and language is nothing compared with lack of support for Kodi 4k . It's an media box and is supposed to work out of the box with Kodi. Why Zidoo won't inform people this fact? Gorgeous TV box but no Kodi hardware decoding of 4k her 10 bit media?

sunnyk likes this.
  2. KillerbeeNL

KillerbeeNL New Member

I agree we deserve a good working box , the way Dipper_cat and Mirror treat us is polite so do not bite the hand that feeds you is what I learned.

I agree with being nice does not help us if this problem is not resolved in a reasonable time lap.

Keeping us on a line and not offer a good firmware that fits this gorgeos hardware and losing customers that works at large companies (me) is bad advertisement.

just my 2 cents

mjf1985 likes this.
  3. Grzegorz Bakuła

Grzegorz Bakuła New Member

repair HEVC in KODI :confused:

4. Codruț

Codruț New Member

Well said!!

wooolf, Crife60 and KillerbeeNL like this.
  5. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

V1.87 will certainly be great but the box might not work anymore in 2046...

6. xGREGORYx

xGREGORYx New Member

Hello! I would like to know when to wait for the new firmware and whether it is planned to add fractional frequencies in Auto Frame Rate? Well, for example, 23.8 Hz instead of 24Hz and so on. Because of this, there are jerks when playing movies. This is very impotent for me.
    Want work Auto Frame Rate is exactly the same as Zidoo X9S. Please answer, is it worth it to wait or are there any software restrictions and implement Auto Frame Rate how to do not possible?
    Sorry for my English, I write with the help of Internet translator.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    andyt1000 likes this.
  7. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

This will be a fantastic feature if it does happen.Come on Zidoo.

8. Hpito

Hpito New Member

Pls, enable the GPU and all codecs that can be accelerated by hardware. There's a lot of problems that is nerfing the box :(

9. gleb55555

gleb55555 New Member

Hi Everybody ! ...
    I'm just bought this H6 Pro box and updated to 1.0.28 firmware.
    I'm very disappointed.
    I didn't get what I want from this tv box.
    Video playback is awful! ...
    I tried different players:
    • Media Center (embedded player) - plays video with interruptions that happens each second !! .. Cannot watch fims at all.
    • Kodi - the video playback isn't smooth, very hard to watch videos.
    • MX player - the video playback isn't smooth (better than Kodi, but still not good), the video gets slow each constant period of time.
    • VLC - no sound at all !!! ...
    • Archos player - playback is the same as in Kodi.
    • Youtube (both regular and for tv) - playback is the same as in MX player.
    Please fix playback issues in the nearest firmware release !! ..
    I cannot watch films on it !!! (I bought it because I want watch films on it).

Other issues (besides playback issues that should get maximum priority):
    1. TV box doesn't get frimware updates over internet connection !!! I had to download the firmware to local drive and update the box manually.
    2. Few times I couldn't turn ON the box via remote control .. so I had to turn the power off and then turn it on.
    3. Sound level that gets from the box is low ... so I had to increse the sound on my TV too much to hear the video sound.
    4. Media Center doesn't support DLNA (only SMB and NFS).

My hardware configuration:
    TV - LG 42LE5300 (2010 year).
    Zidoo H6 Pro connected by HDMI to TV.
    Screen resolution is 1080P 60 HZ.
    Video films are located on external HDD connected to my router (Zyxel Keenetic Giga III) via USB 3.0, the router exposes 2 kind of connections to HDD - SMB and DLNA, I tried both where possible.
    Zidoo H6 Pro connected to the local network via Wifi 802.11 ac.
    Films are full hd videos encoded via divx/xvid/h.264 codecs.

Notice, my 2nd TV 4K Sony KDL-43W809C doesn't have such playback issues.

Zidoo support, let me know if you need logs (ot other info) from tv box to fix all these issues.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

connected with wifi ? that's your problem there... plug in the external HDD directly in the box and try kodi again.

mjf1985 likes this.
  11. sunnyk

sunnyk New Member

Welcome to the club! We all have similar set of problems and all Zidoo has done is release shitty firmwares without testing and more newer expensive boxes again with shitty untested firmwares.

and regarding OTA update! it NEVER worked on my X5 and also didn't work on H6 Pro! Just plain lies in the name of marketing! Spread their lie on other forums that's the best we can do to force them to fix this crap! Beautiful Hardware with horrible software!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  12. gleb55555

gleb55555 New Member

Watching filmes over Wifi AC - it was the main reason I bought this tv box !!! ..
    Connecting an external HDD to TV box isn't an option for me :( .

I found out that video playback in MX player becomes almost good if I set tv box video mode to 1080P 24 Hz. But Media Center still replays films with interruptions if films are stored on SMB share (HDD drive) in local network (tv box is connected via WiFi AC).

13. Pradeep

Pradeep New Member

Would be helpful if we could be put on a timeline for ETA... Been checking this space everyday but in vain..

14. Victor Shocot

Victor Shocot New Member

just use RSS reader in the firmware forum and you will receive an update if something new here

15. PeterCrouch

PeterCrouch Member

Why we can not find "Youtube" on Google Play Store???

16. Alchimist

Alchimist New Member

hi, i have update the firmware.
    i bought this box as a gift (2) , to see netflix FHd (as advetised on various sites) and to date we are using a tablet version.
    after the update i tried to install netflix for android tv but isn't possible. then i tried to install amazon prime video for android tv, the apk run, but the icon don't appear.
    has anyone been able to solve this problems?

17. PeterCrouch

PeterCrouch Member

@mirror + @dipper_cat : can you explain why some applications of Google can not find on Google Play on this firmware version?

18. Majorasshole

Majorasshole New Member

Mainly beacause firmware is a mixed bag between vanilla Android and Android TV. I don't waste any time on Google Play, APKPure gives everything needed in any flavour necessary, and often before Google Play provides updates. So it's not a big deal, except for owend and paide apps on Play store.

sunnyk likes this.
  19. Patrick Park

Patrick Park New Member

Please let me know when stable firmware is come.

20. KillerbeeNL

KillerbeeNL New Member

Hallo Dipper_cat ,

This was 3 weeks ago , can you give any date for firmware and custom Kodi version?

thank you

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018