Why should I upgrade my hardware to X20 if they can't fix the software?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by Conrad Winchester, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Conrad Winchester

Conrad Winchester New Member

I have an X10 and have repeatedly asked on these forums about how to fix some basic issues I have with Home Theatre 2 and my collection. I have had no response from support, nor any actual answers.

For example - I have Alien, Aliens, Aliens 3 and Aliens Resurrection in my collection. The X10 has recognised this, created a collection called Alien Collection and put Aliens, Aliens 3 and Alien Resurrection in that collection, but the movie Alien is completely missing. It is not matched and simply does not show up anywhere, even outside the collection.

I also have a terrible time with TV shows.

Why should I upgrade to an X20 if Zidoo can't even sort out the software?

2. Piet

Piet New Member

They cant help they are very bisy with X20 . why should they help or FIX IT

3. Conrad Winchester

Conrad Winchester New Member

Because thats called customer service. I believe that the X20 will pretty much run the same software as the X10, so I have every confidence that the X20 will fail to recognise my movies and TV shows in exactly the same way that my X10 does. Therefore it would be a pointless purchase.

In this industry software is just as important as hardware

Prometheus likes this.
  4. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

I'm with you here with Home Theater 2. I have over 30 Terabytes on my NAS worth of movies, with collection such as Alien, Matrix, Child's Play, Die Hard, Harry Potter... Like you in HT2, Aliens is missing in that collection. Why? I don't know. Also, Home Theater 2 to me is unusable especially when you have a big collection of movies. I don't think HT 2 is really intuitive and searching for a movie is almost impossible, it's all over the place. I myself use ZDMC, I can organize the way I WANT my movies, for example, I created a folder named " Alien Anthology" I have all 5 Alien movies in it and Prometheus, same thing with Child's Play, Halloween, Die Hard collection, Indiana Jones...
    Also HT2 doesn't always properly match the names of the correct movies, and searching manually for the correct ones is too much of a work especially when you have a big collection of movies. Even when putting the tiles into the smallest setting I still have to scroll down to more than 300 pages. No thanks. :mad::(
    HT2 wasn't implemented for people with big movies collections. It needs some SERIOUS improvement, revamping on that part.
    I think you might be better of with ZDMC (Kodi), easy to use, find the correct covers most of the time, is well organized, and does everything, use the Zidoo player or the Video player. I tried HT2 and decided that I'd never use HT2 until that mess is fixed.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  5. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

So if I follow your reasoning when your car is broken, and you're stranded on the side of the road, because they are too busy why they should help or FIX IT? Makes sense to you?

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

ZDMC is still the way to go. HT 2 is new software is it still has problems, but i'm still not sure why they wanted to make there own "kodi". They are far behind, and will probably never achieve the level kodi is at after years of development

I have around 40 movies. HT 2 had a match of 95 %. kodi had a match of 100% ( probably acceptable. i can match by hand 2-3 movies)
    I have around 30 TV shows. HT 2 had a match of 65%, mismatching around 5 TV shows. Kodi had a match of 95% .

I like the feature to edit IMDB code to match manually. but that's about the only advantage over kodi. The menu is hard to use. The the child lock bug is annoying as hell

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  7. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

I thought the child lock bug was fixed with the new HT2 firmware. ;)

8. sunnyk

sunnyk New Member

desperately waiting for ZDMC for h6 pro as the official Kodi doesnt work properly at all. Zidoo makes decent HARDWARE boxes their software sucks!

9. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

I'm also a H6 owner and the software sucks. Who wants a nice piece of hardware if the software is crap..

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

If one is really a KODI fan (I am not myself) then I recommend to buy a HW-player just running that instead. Look for a powerful CPU/GPU player based on Openelec and one should be happy. Only choose Android if you really need/want to use other APP's too (less stable, uses more resources and is less KODI compatible).
    A player like Eminent 7680 is an excellent choice here but there are many and most are (dirt) cheap too (50 Euro to 100 Euro range). Do this for sure if you like all the (il)legal plugins for KODI and specifically if you also focus on streaming services.

Moving up to X20 one does to get the best quality media player around: HW build, ports available, discrete HW components used, Power Supply Unit, physical looks, quality of the remote and Wi-Fi.
    Get a X20 Pro only for additionally the best Audio possible via Analog Out. The extra memory is nice but is in no way essential.

Not interested in any of the above then one should stay with a X9S/X10 which have the best Zidoo value/money ratio for sure. Functionally they all do the same, but honestly Zidoo makes decent firmware. No it is not flawless as none is and never will be, the media player/streamer environment is just too complex for that and worse everybody has an own wish-list. Concentrating firmware development on a single product family looks like a good strategy to me under these conditions. This is what Zidoo seems to be doing.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Lexou, riddleace and DELUCAS like this.
  11. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

I have issue with zidoo but the home theater app is not one of them i think it's great so much better then kodi with far too many settings.

Also a tip for you: if after a scan does not pick up all your movies, do the scan again and will add a few more then repeat i never after do any manual.

12. kaka

kaka New Member

hi bro
    i like you have an issue
    which is I only have $X to spend, so I can only make one upgrade to my PC. Should I upgrade my RAM/hard drive/processor/video card or my RAM/hard drive/processor/video card? Which one will give me the biggest performance boost?
    thanks for any helping