ZIDOO X20

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by DELUCAS, Apr 18, 2018.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

The sales of the X10 are excellent and there is not a big difference with the X9S, each type of device corresponds to a user profile...no matter the price.

About stuttering, banding etc .. and if we trust zidoo, they will be fix soon, I know you are often on the forum and you have to see the messages on the forum I guess :)

2. OlivierQC

Just for fun,

In Thailand the x20 PRO is in pre-order at the price of 21,000.00 THB is about 553 Euros and 14500 THB / 380 Euros for the X20.

See you

3. OlivierQC

Hi all,

There will be a new section on the zidoo forum dedicated to the X20 / pro, we will create threads about the X20 / pro for those who are interested,

See you

4. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

I do see the messages... But I thought it would have been fixed a while ago. It's hard to trust anyone these days... Especially when they already have my money in their pocket and there is no chance of getting it back.

Hopefully they keep there word sooner rather than later.

5. OlivierQC

it takes time but I'm sure they work hard, and I trust Mirror if he says that some problem will be solved.

6. OlivierQC

Hi all,

I have a question,

About the cooling of the X20, the message on the picture does it mean that there is 2 fan for cooling ''Dual mute fan''

[​IMG]

7. flyerr

flyerr New Member

Hi everyone, have two questions

I am interested to buy this player and need to know where i can order it? I live in Europe.

And secondly, can anyone tell me if there`s an option in the Zidoo X20 to always deafult to external subtitles (SRT) even if the videofile has muxed subtitles? I could only see a deafult subtitle language option in the screenshots posted earlier but is there also an option to deafult to external subs?

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Without seeing the official inside photos .....
    But going by the photo it looks a if there is the rear fan on unit and possible a bigger one inside unit to aid cooling of hard drives and internal electrics etc

But on some photos of internal unit there was a bigger fan internal seen .
    [ photo above shows a small fan and a big one as in two seperate ones ]

9. DELUCAS

Your best bet would be Amazon at the moment

10. OlivierQC

Yes with the Dune ultra 4k

We have a small and a big fan on the drawing of Zidoo.

I hope that the 2 fans will be very quiet, we can see a noctua inside the Dune

11. DELUCAS

E3C8208E-A5BA-4A2A-94FF-7754BD80E412.png

12. OlivierQC

yes i know, but i hope that the fan will be of good quality of manufacture.

it would be nice if you resize the pictures, I am not blind :)

[​IMG]

13. DELUCAS

It had personal inf of mine on it hence i enlarged to hide .

14. OlivierQC

hi all,

The X20 PRO will be shipping soon...

[​IMG]

See you

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  15. vagiister

vagiister New Member

I'm in China and have already pre-ordered a x20pro. The 9038 dac inside X20 pro, is it 9038 pro or just 9038 mobile version?

16. DELUCAS

* ESS 9038 Professional DAC Audio processing Chip

No idea if its a mobile version .

17. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

According to the situation of firmware right now, I'm more confident towards Dune HD Pro 4K. Despite that Dune is more expensive compare to X9S, but they are often update new workable firmware. Even X20 is more superior on hardware side than Dune. But I think it will end up cripple like X9S/X10/X8.

18. OlivierQC

Hello,

Sorry my English is not good

I'm not sure, because on others forums people who have the Dune pro (rtd1295) talk about problems like drop audio with uhd movies, etc ... in fact it has the same problems as the Zidoo or Zappiti ...

Zidoo devices and this is only my opinion is as good as Zappiti and Dune.

Zidoo catches up with competitors who have been on the market for a long time (as Zappiti or Dune) with their new HT 2.0 Beta even if there are still improvements to make.

They all have a Realtek chipset and will have all the same problems...but some problems that Zappiti and Dune have right now, will soon be fixed by Zidoo with their next FW.

I trust zidoo, they have an excellent follow up with their FW even if some people find that it is not going fast enough, but it is also the case of its competitor.

it's just my opinion

OlivierQC

JohnS and Юрий Гандев like this.
  19. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I used to have Dune HD 3.0 (Sigma chipset) many years ago. The good thing was that they tackled the problems quite fast. I believe they are still good at this.

I know that Dune HD Pro 4K is still have pretty much the same problems as Zidoo does, but they might come up with the solution faster than Zidoo.

Zidoo's worst problem right now is the lack of communication. Mirror or other representatives should come out and say once a week or so what they are doing/fixing right now. At least, this will ensure that they are not leaving their customers lost in the dark.

20. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Dune HD is not especially great with communication either. At least with the Zidoo, we have a forum where we can voice our problems with the occasional response from the manufacturer. Other than the AV forums and Facebook... Dune HD, does not usually respond directly to their customers.

I am not bashing Dune HD... I have at least twelve players of their players... But, for now I am still holding off on the Pro 4k.

Time will tell.