SACD ISO: Are there some news?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by camerinik, May 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. camerinik

camerinik New Member

Hello everyone, I wanted to know if there are any news on the possibility of reproducing ISO SACD with our fantastic x9s. It would be a wonderful opportunity! thank you so much

2. circular

circular Member

3. camerinik

camerinik New Member

Thank you so much!
    Unfortunately the application works well on touch screens but on zidoo it is very difficult to read folders or navigate inside external HD. Would you recommend other solutions? Thank you

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

why do not you use zidoo music 2.0 ?

5. circular

circular Member

connect one usb mouse will relax.

6. camerinik

camerinik New Member

how stupid! thank you so much

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

As far as I could test it plays SACD but with re-encoding to PCM not DSD64 as it should.

8. Zidoo player 2,0 is quite unclear and useless. If you have e.g. 10 000 music files on the disk, this player doesn't organize them by albums or artists. Just mixes all files into the one window and you can see there only names of the songs.

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

I would imagine it will have an upgrade as the flagship X20 Pro is as such a premium Audio player so will should have Audio software playback premium especialy as its a Sacd .
    So expect Music player update for our devices soon .

Юрий Гандев likes this.
  10. Let's hope you're right ;-)

11. Valera

Valera Member

I use USB Audio Player to stream sacd iso in "bit perfect" mode to my usb/b dac/amp.

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Music player v3.0 is in the works .

Martin Wiszczor likes this.
  13. agostino

agostino New Member

Hello anyone playing SACD iso with X9s audio pass-through? i have doubt with the sampling rate showing in my receiver when playing SACD iso, only 48khz ?? i tried all my SACD collection files, but no different. Hope someone here can advise. thanks!

14. Valera

Valera Member

Passthrough doesnot stream dsd. DoP is not suported by this device. You have to try third party usb player to be able to play dsd. Your receiver must be equipped with usb/b input to be able to play dsd stream. If so, try direct mode, if it doesnot make any sound select dop mode. I stream sacd iso to my usb dac via ordinary usb cable. It works.

15. agostino

agostino New Member

Thank for reply Valera! I’m using marantz SR5012, it does support dsd audio stream. but weird is it can’t detect sacd iso file from my external hard drive if i connect direct to my receiver. Anything else i can do?

16. Valera

Valera Member

I suppose, neither certified receiver allows reading of SACD ISOs. Even more, certified players cannot output digital audio at full resolution via SPDIF. They can output quality audio either through the HDMI (which supports HDCP) or analog outputs.
    - Try to feed your receiver with sacd track files (probably .dsf) instead of sacd iso.
    - Take a look at X20pro thread - may be you can find there something about playing mch.

P.S. I'm not fond of multi-ch audio, so I play 2.0 SACD ISO on the X9s (or any other Android device I have) connected via USB cable with my internal two-chanel DAC/stereo amplifier PM7005.

17. agostino

agostino New Member

thanks Valera for advise! Seem like it’s not easy to get full benefit from sacd iso w/o a proper DAC! Was looking at x20pro, really promising..sadly it is too expensive for me. May i know whether you get original sacd sampling rate with your current setup? usb (sacd iso) to X9s to PM7005? thanks!

18. Valera

Valera Member

You're welcome Agostino,
    I just installed "USB Audio Player Pro" application (from the playstore) on the X9s. Connect player via usb cable to the Marantz PM7005 USB/B port. It's required to set external dac in the app settings and select correct transfer mode either DSD native or DSD over PCM (DoP), which is dac dependant. Voila - now I listen SACD w/o conversion at its full resolution. They sound really good.
    Moreover, I just found that the X9S supports more than specified SD card limit of 32G. I installed SanDisk extreme 64G and put almost all my favourite sacd iso and cd there.

Just FYI - there is something called "LKS USB-100 Interface Digital USB Interface SPDIF". I'm not sure what this device really do (and about its Android compatibility), but you can ask their support (if any). Apparently, it performs USB to SPDIF conversion. There are lot of similar gadgets - may be you will find something suitable for your current setup.

Best regards

19. agostino

agostino New Member

Good sharing Valera! You inspired some of us who pursuing hi-res audio through usb. Probably i could try your setup method since my avr supports dsd 2.8 and 5.6, i just need to install usb audio pro to my X9s. But it might not working as my SR5012 doesn’t come with usb/b port. Just to clarify you just using normal usb to usb cable in between x9s and Pm7005?

20. Valera

Valera Member

I use USB/A to USB/B cable (most printers come with such cable included) - it has different connectors. USB/A is for X9S, USB/B is for usb DAC.
    P.S. You can install that app on any android compatible device - even on you smartphone or tablet. To connect smartphone you need one additional cable - USB OTG cable to connect phone with USB/A of the main usb cable.