Android 7.1 Or above coming ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by DELUCAS, Mar 19, 2018.

1. riddleace

riddleace Member

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hello riddleace,

Zidoo looks more bether in some way... .

yes I agree with you

but i still miss Netflix 4K :)

it is just my opinion..

about netflix 4k, all TV 4k have netflix 4K, by pressing a button of the TV remote control.

On my french thread the majority of people want a nice picture to see the movies of their videotheque and do not claim netflix 4k.

this option seems interesting :

[​IMG]

See you

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    riddleace likes this.
  3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

At moment Netflix is only in stereo at moment .
    We will go 7.1 so not much of a huge gap diff unless this so called 1295 chip version C ?
    Makes a huge difference in Picture Quality or has nothing to do with it but means motherboard revision .

4. riddleace

riddleace Member

Yes looks at function who is more similar to OPPO or HDFury

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you sure we are getting 7.1 ?

6. DELUCAS

I keep hearing we are getting it from several sources and with Dune 4K has it so confirms 1295 chipset can convert to it etc
    To 100 percent confirm we will if The X20 comes with it in may its the same chip as such so easy to enable it for X9s ,X10 etc

So at moment id lean towards we are getting it .
    Besides Zidoo have more competition now so ........

7. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

No google service... That configuration will be a mess in the forum....

8. DELUCAS

No google service for the Dune 4K you mean .

9. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Yes for the Dune... The reason is for less ressources from the system for better performance.

10. DELUCAS

Do you know the diff between dune 4K chipset and the X10 as its had a revision on the Dune 4K

11. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

No news about new FW?
    When must be expected? :rolleyes:

12. DELUCAS

New firmware expected at around end of may
    The new X20 / Pro has to come first then they should go Android 7.1 first then not long after X range later on .

We just have to be patient .

Martin Wiszczor likes this.
  13. Will new Android 7 update supports Dolby Vision?

14. DELUCAS

Android 7 does support Dolby Vision yes
    But we ont get it due to license cost , testing i could go on ...........

And at moment the meta data inf etc being included in mkv
    Cant be done yet .......

The only box possible that MIGHT get DV certificate is the Shield but Dolby are being very selective on there product / software .

As for Zidoo id say a deff No unless things change in the future
    If there was the X20 Pro be the first to get .

We have more chance getting HDR10 + on our boxes than Dolby Vision ...........

15. DELUCAS

Looks like Android 7.1 is coming to the X10 and 9s but new boxes it seems :(

16. So, no expected upgrade to Android 7.1 on my X10 at home? :-(

17. DELUCAS

Sadly its looking like we need to upgrade our boxes to the Z10 :(

18. I have bought the X10 few months ago. Why should I spend my money again because of Android 7.1? Quite waste of money.
    They could suggest a special offer for owners of X10 - just redeem ours old boxes and pay the rest of the money for new Z10 :-D

19. DELUCAS

The X10 unit is well over coming to 1.5 years old now ......
    Like apple new products come along with new software installed and older products are dropped because cant support new hardware etc

Sadly if you waited you would of got the new Z10 unit with Android 7.1 as they stop producing the X10

Im sure 7.1 can be ported over but with some hassle and testing and it seems easier to start from new .

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

A couple of additional remarks here to put matters into perspective:
    a) Hmm. The move to Android 7.1 is a marginal step regarding functionality in my practical experience. Just going from Android 5 to Android 7 on my Egreat media players and even that is not giving a big new user experience really.
    b) The logical move from X9S and Z10 to Z10 and Z9S on the other hand is far bigger as it moves from RTD1295 to the RTD1296 combined with Android 7. The new chip is an improved version next to having better I/O for the SOC. HDMI-RAW DSD output seems to be one of these SOC improvements, there for sure are other improvements not communicated out loud.
    c) It still may come later but new boxes first, which policy I frankly understand very well. Everybody does that!
    d) Provided updates to solve at least shortcoming keep coming, support is what is going to be expected. Nothing strange with that.

Personally I often buy the old model when the next one is announced as you get them then with nice discounts. First having a close look at my personal relevance for the new goodies.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018