Zidoo X10...Review... FW2.0.15

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by OlivierQC, Jul 31, 2017.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

about seamless branching issue, We are checking it.

nikos_a, OlivierQC and DELUCAS like this.
  2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Thanks Mirror :)

3. OlivierQC

Thanks Mirror :)

4. hifikid80

hifikid80 Member

UHD disks from Sony (ex. spider man, passengers , jumanji welcome to the jungle..etc) has different menu (may be java) which is verry laggy and slow and doesnt have HDR effect ..is it known? and being looked into? any news on this?

5. OlivierQC

it's the same with my Egreat multimedia box.

did you compare on a UHD player with a disc ?

In any case the Sony BD menu are ugly...

6. hifikid80

hifikid80 Member

i think menu lag is much better with 2.0.15. but playback start or going to menu is very slow compared to my DVDfab movie server which plays almost instantly.

7. OlivierQC

8. hifikid80

hifikid80 Member

Yes . They have only one model at present. my main problem with it is that Atmos passthrough for the sony UHD isos does not work. oh but the uhd menu is still same as in zidoo not better..

9. OlivierQC

I like this concept, zidoo should do the same for future devices ;)

the atmos does not work with Sony movies and dvdfab A1 ?

10. hifikid80

hifikid80 Member

yes only for sonly uhds.

11. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

No Please No. I also had the dvdfab DMS.
    They just switched to an exclusive cloud based system. All posterwall editing is now done exckusively in their cloud and mirrored / synched back to the device. So whenever you have no internet connection or their server is down or thousand other reasons you are unable to edit or add the slightest thing. The cloud firmware is BTW so buggy that it is a disgrace it has even been made available.
    Furthermore it means that their cloud holds all your library (not av files of course), your genres, your watching habits and once you tag your home videos even that.
    Now it depends clearly how you stand with your data being in a cloud but many do not really like it. Furthermore consider that dvdfab still is seen as a protection cracking company so if they get trouble (aka slysoft) once their server should be no longer available you are stuck with the local image on your device. No editing no adding...nothing.
    Local web access to the device is important and I really favour it. The home theater 2.0 in zidoo and tha local editing is excellent.

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Totally agree one of the reasons i like this box it req no internet connections as such to watch view your movies and holds the art work and movie posters .
    So its portable of sorts to take any where and work without net connections .

No cloud storage !
    My movies and posters on my drive thats it .

13. thrang

thrang Member

I had the same issue with Coco UHD mkv... I discovered if I set the Zidoo colorspace to 422 instead of auto, the problem disappeared.

The ISO of Coco still has issues, which I presume is the seamless branding issue. Not sure if Thor Ragnarok will play at the end with 422, will try that tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    zarathoestra likes this.
  14. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

I'm trying to understand why "The Last Jedi" in blu-ray BD50 has better image and colors than the UHD 4K version. On my projector usually the 4K versions of the movies are better, but in this one not. Maybe it is because is in Dolby Vision instead of HDR 10 and both Zidoo X10 and Epson Tw9300 do not work with Dolby Vision. Any tips on this?

15. OlivierQC

Hello Miguel,

I do not have the UHD version, the European version will be available on April 20th.

16. Mumakil

Mumakil Member Beta test group

Hello, yes me too.
    I made myself the same reflection !!! The 4K of the "Last Jedi" is "normally" a real 4K and not a remastered.
    But I found the colors bland and poorly detailed .....

Yesterday I watched "Jumanji" and there, the colors and the sublime details .....

17. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

STAR WARS
    THE LAST JEDI 4K BLUE RAY

This is the real deal. Everything was digitally shot in 4K or the original 35/70mm film negative was scanned in 4K and all the mastering/editing was done in 4K. Typically, if the film has VFX it was rendered in 2K. Depending on the caliber of CG, the final picture quality might be imperceptible to Real 4K. Check the information below to see if the studios have upgraded the video with HDR or added immersive Dolby Atmos or DTS:X audio tracks.

• Shot on 35mm, 3.4K, 6.5K, and IMAX (some scenes)
    • VFX Rendered at roughly 3K equivalent*
    • Digital Intermediate at 4K (4K DCP)

18. OlivierQC

to check, but it seems to me that the current release is the dematerialized version
    the European version is released on April 20, we will see if there is a difference.

For the moment i have the ISO HD version.

19. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Yes "Jumanji" looks awesome! It would be great if all UHD releases had this level of quality! Honestly I really don't know what's the problem with the 4K version of "The Last Jedi". Maybe it's because it's bring both Dolby Vision and HDR10 the Zidoo player gets a conflict and plays it with faded colors... That's a pity! I hope Zidoo finds a solutions for this... Anyone did try to play it with another media player?

20. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Yes there is definitely a quality problem with the Last Jedi and not only with the picture ;)! Man this sucks !!!:eek::eek:

Miguel Ramos likes this.