Unfortunately ZDMC has stopped

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X8' started by jmp1963, Aug 25, 2017.

1. X8fan

X8fan Member

Any updates on this issue? Looking forward to the next firmware to solve this.

2. jmp1963

jmp1963 Member

Has anybody been brave enough to try ZDMC 17.4? And if so is the issue fixed?

3. Reuven

Reuven New Member

As ZDMC will not let you install update only after uninstall current version, I tried it, and besides that I lost all settings and had to re-configure kodi (no way to restore BU), nothing really changed.
    I guess it also has to do with KODI 17.xx which gained many bugs, and sound issues of the X8/9 dealing with audio pass-thru.

4. jmp1963

jmp1963 Member

So does this mean that the 'Unfortunately ZDMC has stopped' bug hasn't been fixed yet? Looks like I'll be have to stick with 16.1 for now :mad:

5. X8fan

X8fan Member

I’ve just tried ZDMC 17.4 on latest firmware, unfortunately the “Unfortunately” bug is still there :(

6. jmp1963

jmp1963 Member

Hi Dylan,

Do you think this issue could be related to the recent changes that the Kodi developers have made to the implementation of the SMB protocol?

7. X8fan

X8fan Member

sigh, after I updated to 17.6, I still get the "unfortunately, ZDMA has stopped" bug , anyone else the same?

8. iwonajwrona

iwonajwrona New Member

I can't turn on my device. The message "Unfortunately, ZIUI Cool has stopped" is popping up constantly.

9. Phillip

Phillip New Member

Have you solved this problem? Share with me I'm expericing this teething problem again and again.

10. Phillip

Phillip New Member

Are you able to find the solution to above problem? Ziui has stopped for X8? I'm having same problem

11. iwonajwrona

iwonajwrona New Member

This is for X9S but similar procedure should work for other versions.

Yes, I took an USB stick (FAT32) and downloaded firmware from zidoo, file called v1.2.3_img.zip, extracted it as install.img and placed on the usb stick on the main folder.
    Then I just turned off zidoo box, made sure hdmi is connected and pressed reset button in the back (with a toothpick) and pressed power on button on zidoo.
    Continue to hold reset button until it starts installing the firmware.

Look here: forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/factory-reset-recovery-problem.3260/

After that I turned off auto update since this happened during auto update, I now update manually only all works great.
    Thanks!

12. iwonajwrona

iwonajwrona New Member

See, above I have solved this easily by doing recovery for X9S. it should also work for your version just need different firmware.

13. Phillip

Phillip New Member

The problem is I still cannot boot up with my data correctly. I did exactly what you said download the X8 latest firmware and extract it into an USB drive and have it reset thru a sharp pin and simultenously pressed the on Button. Yes I saw the up....in front of Zidoo player but in the end it still didn't boot up and the screen shows..." Unfortunately, Ziui cool has stopped.

14. Phillip

Phillip New Member

Then another time I just keep pressing OK in the remote and it did boot up but IN SAFE MODE. None of my app and data appeared there. NO point. I reboot it back and still the same....Unfort....ly......So I just unplugged it! SO so frustrated with this shit thing.
    Any suggestion? Written to Zidoo for Support it's like written to a wall in a cave.