New firmware v2.0.15(BETA) version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Mar 17, 2018.

1. thrang

thrang Member

- The Bookmark feature is not working for Blu Ray or UHD ISO's.
    - Micro-stutter that was fixed in 2.0.13 has returned in 2.0.15
    - certain titles cannot have their badges edit via the PC interface (this is an ongoing bug) So, for example, you cannot save BD or 4K badges correctly
    - Tagging am ISO file name specifically with -4k still defaults to both Blu Ray and 4k badges. Should be the 4k badge only
    - You should permit setting of badges from the the on screen interface
    - iPad interface needs DESPERATE help - the interface is ENORMOUS, and you can only see three title on entire 12.9 iPad. There should be a concept of scaling and # of rows to display for cover art.

2. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Working for me, 720p 50/59.94/60 as well as 1080p 23.976/24/29.97/30/59.94/60. I'm actually quite happy w/this f/w so far.

@thrang, can you explain microstutters with which sort of videos? Watched about 20 mins of a 4K HDR movie rip and playback w/external (native) player was great.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  3. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

what the diff with Null and Native player?

4. hdmkv

Good question... you mean NuPlayer? Never tried it... Zidoo, can you explain this vs. native player?

5. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Nuplayer os an opensource player. If you do a lot of internet streaming this player seems to handle it better than zidoos custom native player.

6. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

If interested in quality-wise (video/audio), which is a better choice, Nu or Native?

7. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

If you’re watching movies stored on your own network or local storage I’d go with native. It’s the one developed by zidoo specifically for this chipset.

8. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

9. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

sorry...what i meant is Nuplayer
    thanks @SaskMedia
    coz i never can notice what the diff with this two for my purpose
    stick with native player :D

Robynet73 likes this.
  10. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

No, neither at 1080 60p (H.264) nor at 4K (H.265) 60p (59.94 FPS) MKV does the Auto Frame Rate work properly. It will not automatically switch to 59.94 (60) FPS. This can easily be tested by manually setting HDMI Output to HDMI 1080 50p, and then playing a 60 FPS MKV. It is not switched properly.
    Only if you set HDMI to "Auto", standard remains at 60p, so there is no need to switch anyway.
    However, I have a lot of short 50 FPS videos and therefore with me HDMI to 1080 50p fixed, otherwise constantly when playing the next video, the switching of the refresh rate happens, including playing the video, and then the black screen, and then go it continues.
    The correct detection of MKV's with 60 (59.94) FPS does not really work, with MP4 already, but there are also disadvantages here.

11. DribbleTool

DribbleTool Member

Any news on the banding/framerate stutter issues?

Hoping the Zidoo team is looking into this issue.

12. laola

laola Member

Using Kodi V18 with Wrapper, for me everything works perfect and I am more than pleased with the picture quality. There is just one issue - LiveTV with Kodi internal player (either via DVBViewer Plugin or Simple IPTV plugin) is unreliable and crashes Kodi several times per hour. This is very anoying (this isn't new with this FW but the problem basically exists since day 1).

13. zidology

zidology New Member

Same here too!!

14. hdmkv

Can you try the 1080p/59.94 clip I've posted here (file #8)? It's what I used to test and switching fine for me... my Epson PJ shows 60.00. 59.94 is same as 60.00.

15. Pacamantv

Pacamantv New Member

I see only arabic subtitles when i want to download.. do you have same problem ?

16. Wymagalski

Wymagalski New Member

Is weather for Poland fixed or still in Greek language?

Is there any possibility to disclude some folders from being searched for details in imdb? There is a lot of wrong hits in tv series, so I'd like to search catalogs with movies, but not series.

17. Sh1no8i

Sh1no8i New Member

Does anyone know how I bring up the poster edit menu?

18. Sh1no8i

Sh1no8i New Member

Got it, it’s a long click.

19. Pacamantv

Pacamantv New Member

20. Sh1no8i

Sh1no8i New Member

Have you scrolled down in the search results? Arabic would be the first on the list. I have the same problem too, I scroll down to get to ‘E’ for English but the list only goes down to 100, so it’s a hit and miss.

Results for some searches (depends on the movie) are less than 100, so English is within the 100, other times may not be.