New firmware v2.0.5 version(beta) for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

You're right. First priority are the basics like DVD Playback. But also a proper view of intern and extern subtitle. All the other extra functions are nice, but they should fix all the basic mediaplayer functions first.

ursiel likes this.
  2. JohnS

JohnS Member

To be fair it's not advertized as dvd player or supporting DVD menus, and you pay a premium for openwrt support

DELUCAS likes this.
  3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Some people here seek perfection and on a $86.00 box to do everything perfect
    If you want perfection get a Oppo 203 and a High end Oled tv and get them Callibrated proffesionaly so you know each is done to perfection and matched .
    But i bet you still see a flaw if you inspect closely .

Or wait if things get resolved on next update but i tell you for free if it fixes something on next update it break something else its Android .

It built on a mobile phone software !!

Im testing the latest pre beta version which your way behind on.

JohnS likes this.
  4. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Delucas, you have done nothing but deride me and turn this thread into a train wreck. If you don't have any problems with this player, why are you even here? This is a thread for users to report problems and report on functionality. All you are doing is stirring the pot. Why are you so against some of us trying to get Zidoo to improve this player?

Please stop.

And you keep calling it an $86 box, even though the price of the x9s on Amazon from Zidoo is $150, and the x10 costs $220.

Are you a troll?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  5. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

This is a joke, right? Of course this is advertised as supporting DVD. It's supposed to be a full-fledged media player, and DVDs are still the best-selling type of media on home video, over blu-ray and UHD. I bought a player to support all the current standards, and that includes DVD. It includes DVD support, so obviously it's intended to support it. The problem is, it's supported badly. All 4:3 material plays incorrectly.

This means 4:3 DVD REMUXES in the MKV container too. as I reported previously.

6. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Some of you people are making me feel very unwelcome here, so you know what? I'm about to step back and give up on this player. I have heard nothing from Zidoo since I bought my x9s. I went ahead and bought an x10 just because some of you were insisting that I had a bad player (not true). Some suggested it's the beta firmware to blame (not true).

I came here thinking this would be a helpful community where if we have problems we can come together to flush them out and help Zidoo fix them. Instead, I heard nothing but silence from Zidoo and some of the people in here seem to have the goal of quieting those of us that are having problems. Are you on their payroll? Why are you so against us trying to get these issues solved?

I've done my best to help track down some of these issues in the hope that we would all benefit from it. But it seems unappreciated so I'm about to just give up and ship this thing back and never look back at Zidoo. I have been patient and hopeful, but people like Delucas are doing nothing but discouraging me.

7. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I was coming on here this morning to report that I played a 3D blu-ray mkv remux I made using makemkv, and it appeared to play fine. I saw no visible stuttering or frame drops. Video output was set to 1080p@60Hz, with "switch frame rate only" selected. The output reported by the player in the corner of the screen when switching was 1080p/23.976. I used 444 Color Space, 12bit. This was with v2.0.5 on my x10.

If there were frame drops, I didn't notice them, either due to the glasses/3D, or maybe because the stutter was infrequent enough not to spot it. I previously reported seeing stutter clearly on my tests files in 1080p 444 12bit, and I still do. So I don't know what to make of that.

This is what the thread is intended for - posting feedback. Not quarreling.

8. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

More sit down and shut up rebuttal...

Followed up by... I've got a balloon and you don't!

This is ridiculous... Some of us have high end OLEDs that have been professionally calibrated... It doesnt correct the frame drops or color banding problems the X9S creates when files are played at their native output... The list of problems with this player is getting longer instead of shorter... Trying to justify even the smallest issue with price is absurd!

And yes... I want 2160p 23.976 to play perfect... IT DOESN'T!

9. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Well said. I have a high end oled that is calibrated and see these issues as well. The issues ARE not present when playing back the files using MrMC on my Apple TV 4K. The Apple device does perfect frame rate and colour matching (with HDR). One could argue that Apple has a bigger team but that’s a poor excuse. This player is marketed as a HIGH END media player... not some shitty fly by night pirate android box. Saying that we should expect less is stupid.

10. 4kHD

4kHD New Member

It's not only UHD playback issue as said the frame rate drop occurs on all material. And another major concern for me is the way forced or full subtitle tracks are handled in correctly and it all seems to stem from the zidoo internal player

11. DELUCAS

I wont be told to Shut up
    My post is to him and him only
    So but out !

12. DELUCAS

Sadly your posting your frustrations on here but i dont know if there being listened to by zidoo ?
    You either hang on .....
    Or the next step for you is try the Zappiti which uses the same chipset .
    But may have less issues ?

And if i was on there payroll i would not be advising you to look at another makers box .
    And im giving you advise as your obviously pulling your hair out in frustration it seems ?

13. JohnS

JohnS Member

I'm at age beyond of making fun of people or disrespecting them. I have confirmed that DVD PAL is not displayed correctly ( funny thing though that if you have an mkv if the file plays fine) I just wanted to point out that zidoo advertises 9s as Blu Ray and 4K player. It should have been able to play dvds at ease but it doesn't. I find it more accurate to ask for a bandig or frame drop fix since it's future proof than the dvd playback. I personally don't expect any zidoo staff to answer to this forum.
    Bottom line, since you have the right and you are eligible you should return your unit back and try something different (it will be good for your nerves too!)

14. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Hahaha...

I wasn't telling you that... It seems like you are telling the people with actual repeatable problems that they don't matter or their problems aren't serious enough, and to move along...

In fact, it is you who are telling us to sit down and shut up....

The problems with this player, especially frame drops and color banding go back beyond fw 1.4.6... and they are well documented on this forum.

The player has never really delivered on it's promises...

As far as perfection goes... That matters not. Either the player works or it doesn't.

2160p @ 23.976 playback does not.

There are hundreds of posts on this forum and others about dozens of issues... I just don't understand why one or two users think that they can just show up and silence the many.

Maybe it'd be better if Zidoo offered some sort of solution or hope of one... But they have not... After all... They already have our money... Instead we have users who insist that because they don't see what many of us do... We must be doing something wrong.

I'm surprised you have asked us if it's plugged in.

ursiel likes this.
  15. DELUCAS

Ive accepted that this player is not perfect and has issues
    And every firmware it either breaks something or fixes something else ....

He clearly is not a happy person with this machine
    So i advised him ages back
    If nothing gets resolved he will vent a lot of frustration everywhere
    And try everything out but eventually he will return his unit back and try something else
    Or wait ........
    How long ?

16. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

I too have advised him to return the player... at least he still can.

But what about the users who can't return the player?
    It would be great if Zidoo offered us an apology and a credit toward the new X20 (if that even works as advertised)... but that will never happen...

As a long time user... my hope lies with the new Dune... but since that looks to be very similar to the X20... my hope is very thin.

17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

funny you mention this

as ive said ,MANY times ,i have NO noticeable stutter/banding issues playing ALL of the 4k remuxes/iso/complete rips

tbh thou all the remuxes i play ,ive run thru MKVMERGE to srtip out all the unwanted langauges/subtitles (helps reduces size a lil,which ,after 120 odd movies now does help on hdds :p)

dunno if something to this ....

18. Gianmaria

Gianmaria Member

For how long the current fw Will remain as a beta? Why doesn't zidoo release a stable firmware?

19. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

theyre up to 2.0.13 last beta that was "released" by the beta test group,last week
    has some issues too ,so prolly a while yet

but at least theyre still working on the s/w

shame they CANT communicate better to us

nikos_a likes this.
  20. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

I do this and stutter is definitely there on 4K.

SaskMedia likes this.