Unnoficial Latest KODI Leia 18 with ZidooPlayer

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by cobric, Jul 21, 2017.

1. x7de

x7de Member

2. cobric

cobric Member

3. x7de

x7de Member

oh cool, tried on my X7 but works only playback with the video player and not with the zidoo player, nothing happens. what is the video player? builit in of kodi?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  4. cobric

cobric Member

Yes, Video player is internal KODI player and all options inside KODI (including AC3 transcoding) are relevant only for Video player. If you use external Zidoo player, you can setup audio options in Android settings but I don't know if AC3 transcoding is available for Zidoo player.

5. laola

laola Member

Hi cobric - I just treied the new version (21st Dec) - however, the Live TV plug-in (DVB viewer) is reported as non compatible (working fine in the 5th Dec version). I just looked into the Kodi forum and this problem doesn't seem to exist in the non-modified version ? Any thoughts about this ?

6. cobric

cobric Member

Honestly don't know. Because I don't use DVB on Zidoo box (I have separate Amlogic box - LibreELEC), and I didn't change anything from 05/12/17 to 21/12/17 in custom ZIDOO code, just updated to latest KODI commit. I'll build new version in few days so try then.

7. laola

laola Member

okay - in the meantime I am using a most recent Leia build with XBMCWrapper and the DVBViewer plug-in is working fine

8. laola

laola Member

@cobric - thanks for the update - works like a charm :)

9. francishe

francishe Member

Hi, Cobric
    Thanks for your great job, but unluckily both December versions and January version do not work on my x9s runnign v1.5 firmware. I am now running your 17.3.

10. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

Where can I find the latest build for Kodi 18 with Zdmc?

11. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

Found

12. nomai

nomai New Member

where?

13. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

14. nomai

nomai New Member

15. mule

mule New Member

@cobric: First thanks for your efforts bringing us Kodi Leia in combination with the external player on our Zidoo.
    I don't know if its a bug in Kodi or your special version of it (I'm using the version 2018-02-13): After the external player has been used for playback Kodi tries to playback even LiveTV and TV recordings with the external player which results in an error. This does not happen with the original ZDMC 17.6 version The only way to solve this issue is to restart Kodi.
    Anything I can do to track down this bug?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  16. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I am using the 2.13/18 build and "mark as watched" is not working when using external player.

Also, external and internal player are booth calling external zidoo player regardless of long press / or calling context menu.

I did not upgrade from any other version. Have whatever ZDMC is preinstalled on 2.05 beta as well.

17. cobric

cobric Member

Yes, I have this issue as well. Probably some error in latest Kodi source, so I'll build new version this week to see if this is resolved.

18. mule

mule New Member

Thanks for your quick reply! Will try new version as soon as it is available.

19. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

Thanks for the new version.

20. mule

mule New Member

Thanks for the new version. I'm sorry to say that the before mentioned bug regarding chosing the right player has not been solved yet

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018