Bad publicity Netflix is not compliant with Zidoo X9S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by chrisM, Jan 30, 2018.

1. chrisM

chrisM New Member

I have the zidoo for a while, just create my account on Netflix and no way to make it work with my ZidooBox, need my PC...

On Zidoo WebSite we can read:
    The zidoo X9S is based on ADNROID 6.0, supporting built-in applications such as GOOGLE PLAY, YouTube, Netflix, Skype and many more. A great box with fantastic compatibilities to meet the most demanding entertainment expectations!

So for me it is a bad publicity...

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

it was compatible with the SD form of netflix, but netflix did some updates and does not work any more on most tv boxes. you can still use a older version for it to work. something like 4.x.x or something if i remember right

3. Max-78

Max-78 Member

4. chrisM

chrisM New Member

Hi Max, how do you install the Netflix App, you copy the file on a usb key and after ?

5. Max-78

Max-78 Member

Hi Chris,

First delete an old/existing Netflix app - otherwise it may get messed-up.
    Then perform a clean install of the app downloaded from the net - make sure the version is correct.
    In case of my X10 all went easily and w/o any issues.
    I did copy the app ont the usb key and simply installed it using the buil-in file explorer.
    It should not matter to which USB port you put the USB stick with the app. In case of troubles - use the 2.0 USB port.
    Then just click the file explorer/explorer (sorry, I don't have the zidoo in front of my eyes now) and find the Netflix app.
    Mark it using cursor keys on your remote, click with OK button and that's it. It shall ask whether you want to install, just confirm and once installed - click 'Open' or 'Run/Start' (whatever it says in your language set in X9S).
    Then you'll find the app in the 'Apps' folder and/or you may add the link to the bottom bar of 'quick access' apps :)

6. chrisM

chrisM New Member

Hi Max thanks I'll try tonight and let you know.

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can also go to the zidoo apk installer app . it will scan all storage and give you the apps you can install

8. chrisM

chrisM New Member

Hi Max it worked fine, I have now access to my netflix , that is great thanks again. it is not not easy to scroll the application with ziddoo but it works.

9. Max-78

Max-78 Member

Use a remote with 'mouse' mode - i.e. zidoo V6 or sth similar. Quite usefull, way more comfortable, additionaly has a keyboard on the other site :)

10. chrisM

chrisM New Member

I have only the remote command (telco) provided by Zidoo. Are you using other one ?

11. Max-78

Max-78 Member

Recently I did purchase H96 Pro+ (3GB/32GB) for my colleague. Then I did get same (but 4GB/64GB) for myself.
    I do not talk about PQ, menu's/etc.
    Of the box - item have a fully working Netflix, also the Showmax I'm using works like a charm...
    In case of my Zidoo X10 - I had to uninstal Netflix and find an older one which will work; the Showmax isn't working - due to the VideWine DRM's....
    Price difference between boxes: Zidoo X10 - 285EUR vs H96 Pro+ - 65EUR...
    Most of movies is working very well (I have an older 1080p JVC TV). Only some are having troubles - higher bitrate, some codecs.
    Audio - a bit problematic to set the Pass-Through (HDMI, as I had not time to test via the SPDIF) audio in H96, but DD/DTS/DTS MA is working in most of cases :)
    Now I'm a bit confused over the Zidoo - great box, but way more expensive (4 times!), I got that with broken HDD socket (not usable) and the seller did not want to refund it... Doooh!... The very cheap H96 pro+ - works as it should, no fireworks, just works as expected. Small - very portable - last week I've taken it with us when we went for skiing - AC adapter, HDMI cable, box, Zidoo V6 remote, SSD drive with movies, Netflix/YT/Showmax - worked on a LTE internet shared from my cell-phone...

12. chrisM

chrisM New Member

Thanks for the info Max , where did you buy this H96 pro+ I'll have a look.

13. Max-78

Max-78 Member

A very short promo on GearBest for GW4 warehouse (cutted from 85EUR to 65€ for couple of hours). Usually the 3/32GB version costs approx 65EUR.

14. Canadian78

Canadian78 New Member

Get Over It. How About Someone Answer My Post Nearly A Week Ago.

15. domedele

domedele New Member