New firmware v2.0.5 version(beta) for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

AMP's are not transparant for the Video signal as odd as it seems. It's specs need to state specifically: HDR, DV, 4K, BT2020 etc compatibility.

2. MaisonD

MaisonD New Member

Not sure what you mean by that but I have Zappiti Duo 4K HDR, ATV4K, and Oppo 203 all going thru the Anthem AVM60 to the TV and they all work fine

3. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Try Rogue one, the martian (extended,theatrical uhd), alien,aliens,alien 3, (blu-ray) independence day (uhd) . Then let me know if playback because i know the answer already.

4. Nice Monkey

Looks like it is not a problem of your AMP then.
    I can confirm. Seems related to this as all these discs have multiple cuts on them using seamless branching to play a specific cut.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ss-branching-a-serious-problem-with-uhd.7428/

5. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Must say that this update is really nice.
    No more stuttering in some of my MKV series. (I think because the resolution and framerate switch?
    Looks like the picture is sharper also. (Had the previous firmware 1.4.16)

But how to use the function: Export intern srt?

6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello nice-monkey and gadgetman,

I may not be understood,

I am talking about the support of the BD menu, no playback problems.

if I understand well there is a cut during the playback.

see you

7. Nice Monkey

No all mentioned titles will hang the player when trying to play the (U)HD BD Menu. We are not talking about playing the main title directly which will work (that is to say the longest version on it only) . They all also will have the Seamless Playback problem where all jumps are visible during playback.

8. OlivierQC

thanks for your help Nice Monkey because i'm not good with english language.

I found a video with ID4 UHD HDR iso

sorry for my ignorance, where I can see the problem ?

thanks in advance

9. Nice Monkey

I don't see problems neither here with the BD Menu. It is not difficult to look for as the menu will not start at all (will be stuck immediately on black screen with circling loading logo)
    That movie should have problems with Seamless Branching though. Occasionally you should see a freeze and maybe lost audio exactly where the versions are different. Some movies have many others just a few differences between various cuts.

OK will do my homework and test them myself one by one.
    For sure having UHD BD-MENU problems as I already did check those:
    - DTS Demo Disc Vol.21 2017 UHD
    - Close Encounters of the third kind UHD
    - Hacksaw Ridge UHD
    - Serenity UHD
    - Van Helsing UHD
    - Jack Reacher 2 UHD
    Tried about 40 regular UHD for this, so about 12.5% is having troubles not counting the Demo disc. Independence Day is confirmed working just fine also by me. Sorry for putting you on the wrong leg there.

A) The player may just hang.
    B) It may report "BlurayMenu processing is not responding" with Wait/Stop options.
    You may need to power cycle to get BD menus working again.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  10. OlivierQC

ok you talking about this problem

sorry but I can tell you I have no problem with Menu for now with my ISO/BDMV, if one day there is one that does not work I will tell you

i'm not an expert but the problem may be is ISO / bdmv

I will not make a video for each film, but here is another one

and it's like the banding problem for some people and others do not have this problem.

11. OlivierQC

as i already said, the dics demo atmos and some disc demo DTS do not work except the DTS 2016 vol20 with Zidoo devices

and it's not new, I talk to zidoo several months ago with old FW.

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

couple things possibly to check
    are all hdmi ports on amp 2.a ie ive seen some amps that only have a couple hdmi2a ports and some that are earlier
    also try a diff HDMI cable....lower qual cables can effect things like that ive seen on other forums

hope these help

13. Nice Monkey

Did my homework (40 discs). Just try one of the 5 discs reported below next to the Demo. Independence Day is not one of them it just works fine you were right there.
    - Close Encounters of the third kind UHD
    - Hacksaw Ridge UHD
    - Serenity UHD
    - Van Helsing UHD
    - Jack Reacher 2 UHD

14. OlivierQC

--------------

thanks for the information Nice Monkey

I do not have the movies that you have

I will do as you and check my iso / BDMV movies and I give you news

you might have to try 2 different releases to be sure it's the zidoo and not the movie ?

15. Nice Monkey

Just added "Jack Reacher 2" to this list. With the exception of "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind" which works with no player not even PowerDVD17 all these UHD Menus process perfectly on my Egreat players including the DTS Demo disc. So for sure it is a Zidoo problem.

16. OlivierQC

I will soon have Jack Reacher 2 in ISO UHD HDR, just out of curiosity I will also try on my side.

it's weird that it works for peoples and for other peoples it does not work ?

17. Nice Monkey

Jack Reacher 2 has different symptoms than the others. When I click the BD menu option it will revert immediately back to the folder view. I am not using HT2 for these tests. It plays normally when selecting play without menus. The menu works with all my other players.

OlivierQC likes this.
  18. brunchto

brunchto New Member

HomeTheater2.0 :
    i use sources on a nas via SMB.
    posters are saved on the nas on an other smb share
    scrapping is ok, but at some time, sources are disconnected and keep disconnected even after zidoo or app restart.
    so, barely unusable now...

19. OlivierQC

Hello Nice Monkey,

zidoo will surely be able to arrange all these small problems with the BD menu :)

And Zidoo offered the support of the BD menu much later than Egreat who may have more experience with the BD menu support.

----

Is there anyone who can check if you have banding with the zidoo and ISO/BDMV UHD HDR movies ?

Thanks in advanced

20. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Just been reading the above threads, we seem to have two problems occurring here.

1. Menus on several movies will not display eg (alien+sequels)
    2. seamless branching on certain movies eg independence day uhd. seen the above video you need to watch the movie for the pause jump cut to see it in action.