Some news for X10/X9S/X8

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by mirror, Oct 10, 2017.

1. rami

rami New Member

hi.
    so when we would get it - Zidoo Poster Wall 2.0 ?? :)

2. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

@DELUCAS says it maybe come out yesterday evening but in a very small chance :(

3. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

It will come the same time they use a legitimate google api for the audio so apps other than their HACKED sound api will work. Basically they are hacking dts/dd support instead of legal certification which will then allow things like Plex and Kodi (without their hacked version) run proper audio. This is another company that will lie in ads to sell boxes and promise promise promise. Classic, I am done with China Town boxes.

Ekul likes this.
  4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

godalmighty likes this.
  5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Id imagine when the Zidoo X20 is released the Poster Wall 2.0 will also be released at the same time
    To show case how good the new X20 is and looks etc .... with the new poster Wall 2.0

But one thing we know its not long to go now .

6. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

maybe next month before chinese new year ;)

7. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

I've contacted the dutch sales manager Dune : release of their flagship early march all the others should be for sale end of February .
    So the Zidoo x20 pro should be in a hurry !

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

id think,if X20 is going to be on same software platform as x9s etc,that Zidoo would pre release the new poster wall patch b4 x20 hits market to have the free guinea pigs crash testing it for them

this would help iron out any remaining issues and ensure x20 release goes off better

my 2 cents

9. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

chill guys, poster wall will be posted when it ready, better to take more time than to release a unfinished/broken product

OlivierQC and DELUCAS like this.
  11. Cine

Cine New Member

You are right, but better will be, to announce a product when its finished.

Cine

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Not true actually. People wanted to know what zidoo is working on. So they posted this by demand

DELUCAS likes this.
  13. DELUCAS

Agree people always want to know the next upcoming thing in the pipeline
    Its whats it all about .

And then just the wait .

14. DELUCAS

A product or software is never finished or complete as such .

15. Gianmaria

Gianmaria Member

I don't get the sense to have 4 mediaplayers in the catalogue(x8/x9s/x10/x20pro) with more or less the same features and no One focused on what actually lacks, that is the Dolby Vision licence. I had a X10 and i understood that for my purposes the X8 was enough but like i wrote, why to propose 4 models with Android 6.0, same picture quality and no One Dolby Vision compliant?

16. DELUCAS

For that to happen all boxes or a new one will have to jump to Android 7.0 to have or can do Dolby Vision
    But then there is the License cost and testing of so called box .
    Id imagine the big gun box makers will go Dolby Vision as have the dollars to .
    And next will poss be Nvidia Shield Tv .

Zidoo amongst others are a small company as such compared to Nvidia and Apple tv .

So we may go Android 7.1 but Dolby Vision doudtful at this moment .

17. Gianmaria

Gianmaria Member

I read that also the next flagship X20pro should come with the old Android 6.0 so the no sense for me remains. but talking about Dolby Vision, why don t propose us to buy separately an hypothetich home Theatre App Dolby Vision compliant that web could download directly from the playstore?

18. DELUCAS

Well first thing is these boxes have to jump to Android 7.1
    When ?
    Who knows
    But id imagine the X20 pro might first ?

Then to go to Dolby Vision the boxes would go up in price due to the cost of testing and licencing etc .
    Would people pay more ?
    Can Zidoo afford it ?
    And testing would take ages per box .

Then yes we could download and pay for an app Dolby Vision .
    But by then they will be Dolby Vision Pro out to compete against HDR + .

Think going Android 7.1 will be more important for these boxes then slight chance of Dolby Vision
    But more chance going HDR + first .

19. Gianmaria

Gianmaria Member

Thanks for your replies. I ll consider the chance to buy an oppo 203 since It seems the only way i can reproduce my UHD ISO and mkv files with Dolby Vision. For me is a bit a pity don t exploit the potential of my LG B7.

20. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hi all,

it is written android 6.0 on the X20 specs, but that can change maybe.

With the tv show WE........ UHD HDR (ISO or BDMV) HT 2.0 can not find the information (Egreat has the same problem) or the bad tv show/movie.

I think that will be arranged in a future update

see you