New firmware v2.0.5 version(beta) for ZIDOO X10 release

Discussion in 'X10 Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2018.

1. domifer

domifer Member

DELUCAS _> Do you work for Zidoo?
    If the answer is YES, then I find your reply unacceptable , because if Zidoo launches a product, which us, the customers buy (it is not a cheap product on top of all) then it's Zidoo's responsability to provide guidance both to the hardware and the software of the device. Even if this is beta phase, the minimum is to say that we will post a manual when it is a final product, and at the same time give a minimal guidance of it, given that it is a completely new app.
    If the answer is NO, and you are NOT an official employee or forum administrator of Zidoo, then who are you to tell other members of the forum to read other people's articles and tinker with the app to find out all it's settings and features?

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Its named a Beta which means its not the full release version !
    Which means update at your own risk .

And no manuals will be available at this stage .

If you are not confident at this or hesitate then DO NOT UPDATE !

Its a beta for a reason .

And the only help on this BETA UPDATE is from reading other peoples experiences on this BETA SOFTWARE on here
    to help you out or work arounds till the final Public release is issued .

And again at this moment in time again i will say again the only Advise is to read peoples work arounds on this
    Pre release Beta .

At this moment in time .

But some people may not help you out with your unfriendly post ! !

As its early days and forum members are still testing this new update themselves

And the Zidoo team have done well to let us have this early Beta release .

3. domifer

domifer Member

My post was not unfriendly, instead I found the answer you gave to the other member unfriendly. Look I have been testing this beta myself and I am posting my findings and my bugs, I understand that, but I think if someone is asking for guidance or manuals, then someone from the company should answer. Even if there is not a full manual, but the 5-6 key features and how to set them would be OK. I have some experiences with all kind of ROMS and Systems and these devices, so I am not asking that for myself, but I am thinking of other people who have not.

4. DELUCAS

As ive said the only Answer at this time is to read other peoples workarounds / dilemas etc

Zidoo at this time will probably not have a manual for H.T 2.0

So the only answer to your question is to read up on this forum for help on this
    As someone here has already started a thread on this .

The Zidoo team as such are not to helpful or give answers .....
    Its up to the forum members to read and help each other out .
    And reading is the only way on here .

5. domifer

domifer Member

Fine, I still think, you could have answered in a more polite way, like "The only way is to ask here and we can help you and share our findings"
    Anyway let's move on. I posted earlier a possible bug of Home Theater 2.0 and I am curious to see if other people have this, or it's just in my settings.

6. mediafan

mediafan New Member

Installed the firmware yesterday. Very nice looking! At the moment only issue was with external subtitles, but the workaround is to just re-download them each time.

7. ton_dahlia

ton_dahlia Member

I've decided to update fw to the latest version, BD menu just fine

but the feature about auto switch frame rate and resolution is not working when playback with BD menu function (if playing without BD menu it is working)

any suggest please share, thanks

8. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

Did it resolve the forced BD subtitle issue by any chance or do they still default to on?

9. Den

Den New Member

With this firmware my external HDD Toshiba, connected via USB, when turning off the media player began to make clanging sounds.

10. DELUCAS

Clanging sounds ?

The internal fan poss ?

More inf req !

11. Den

Den New Member

sound like internal heads in an external drive when power is disconnected beat about something

12. DELUCAS

Take it you have a X10 ?

Have you a internal drive fitted inside unit ?

13. Den

Den New Member

Yes, I have X10, and I have an internal HDD. There were no such sounds with firmware 1.5

14. Den

Den New Member

noise only in an external HDD when the player is turned off

15. DELUCAS

Remove internal drive and see if noise is still there etc

16. DELUCAS

Poss you may have external drive going wrong etc

Insert drive in say a laptop and see if noise is replicated if so its your drive not the Zidoo .

17. Den

Den New Member

I reinstalled firmware 1.4.12, the sound still remained. Apparently, this is a problem with the HDD.

18. DELUCAS

Easier was to plug in to a laptop or pc to test / hear

Yes as mentioned hard drive going down / breaking down it seems .

19. Den

Den New Member

If I stop the disk on the PC, it does not make any noise.

20. Den

Den New Member

or in additional settings in the media player in the "storage and USB" I press "eject", the disk also quietly stops