New firmware v2.0.5 version(beta) for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2018.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Model: ZIDOO X9S
    System:
    1,Fix Douyu crash problem.
    2,Update HomeTheater2.0 and control center

Player:
    1,Add a function to export internal text subtitles from videos
    2,Add a Chinese language into media info.

Quicksettings:
    1,Fix some WIFI hotspots cannot be scanned out

Clear:
    1,Add a function to manage self-starting APPs

Filemanger:
    1,Add a poster view for videos

Blu-ray:
    1,Fix selection of audio track doesn't work in some Blu-ray movies.

Download:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/X9S/OTA/OTA-ZIDOO_X9S-v2.0.5-201801221520.zip
    MD5:e3fe18c592cf6e971154e553dc21caf2

About HomeTheater 2.0:http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/home-theater-2-0-and-control-center-coming-soon.7396/

How to upgrade

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  2. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Great update..
    Thx team, now we have a .. homework to do ..:rolleyes:

3. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Thnx for the update.
    But I will wait for a release with the external and internal subtitle fix.

Good job Team.

dudul likes this.
  4. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

X8 coming soon?

5. atony

atony Member

does the new Firmware download file (above) 2.0.5
    does it include the HomeTheater 2.0 ??
    Need to know
    their is a file posted by spawn that got the Home Theater 2.0 according to the post
    but the file Sizes are the same (492mb)
    comfused here ?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

mirror sais :

There are two app, "Home theater" and "Home theater 2.0",you need be use the Home theater 2.0

7. atony

atony Member

so then it is the file posted by Spawn correct ??

8. DCLR

DCLR New Member

Thank you for the new firmware, you make a great job.
    It s time for us to test it deeply, but the first public release is almost amazing !

9. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

The Home Theater 2 is excellent no need to use kodi anymore, like to make a few suggestions.

1. the info description for the movie you can not scroll through the text like you can with kodi, parts are cut off.
    2. Would be good like with kodi you could highlight director/cast and show all movies you have by that person.
    3. This is an annoying problem which has always been here, Full discs which involve branching like the martian 4k which includes theatrical/extended edition do not play back smoothly you experience a second jump cut with the sound cutting out.
    4.Another issue always been present not all blu-ray menu's work i may only have 50% that work alien collection an example.

Overall well impressed but you need to concentrate on the last 2 issues please.

10. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Can home theatre 2.0 utilize MySQL for centralized multi device library sync?

11. JohnS

JohnS Member

Zidoo is on the right track!!
    I installed the new version and am happy to say that wall 2.0 looks very very promising.
    I really liked the new interface, the ability to add create or remove collections and the more simple way to add sources.
    I had some issues when scanning my library, wall 2.0 keep crashing after a few titles scanned, but after repeating the scan for 10-12 times I was able to get my entire library scanned. You should look into it.
    Also it would be better if you include a match title not only by name but also with IMDb id as in wall 1.0. When manually searching for a title mach, you are only provided with the matching title with no other info, for example if I search for "Thirst" a 2009 movie, I get 8-9 matches but with no relevant info on witch one is the one I'm looking for. I have to download all (info, poster etc) to see if it's the correct one. At least put a poster view along with the name just to make sure we are downloading the right one.
    There are some inconsistencies in scraping a library, if I put a movie set under a parent folder (James bond for example) some times misses the folder entirely. I believe the scraper likes -one movie one folder- theme!
    Also as mentioned by another user, it would be helpful if you were able to search within the cast or director for other movies on your collection.
    Haven't tried the tv scrapper, I maybe tonight to see if it's better that the previous version.
    As for the control center from mobile works ok haven't tested thoroughly though!
    After a little more fiddling I'll be back with more -or not!- but in general I like the minimal interface!

12. Klaatu

Klaatu New Member

If the new "Home theater 2.0" supports PLEX (as media source)... this would be a killer feature
    Then there is no need for ZDMC anymore... + Trailer support .. I love me Dolby Atmos Trailer if the sound is "Atmos" of the media file ;)

13. mirror

Tips: Access control center(IP:9528) by the PC browser , you can edit the poster information.
    14.png 15.png 16.png 20.png

14. mirror

Good idea, we are on the way :)

JohnS likes this.
  15. laola

laola Member

So - what's about LiveTV support ? MySQL database for peoples who having more than one device ?
    I think, HomeTheater 2.0 is good for peoples who wants to play media only and are not familiar with Kodi. When these guys are your target customers - this is your decision. I doubt that you ever will have a "better" Kodi...

However, I am positiv, that the potentail customer base would be much larger when you would support the native Kodi application with Audio Passthrough and automated frame/resolution switch (I think for this you would need to upgrade Antroid to 7.x).

16. mirror

also 9529,
    9528 is the web port, 9529 is the json data port.

17. Thanks works correctly now. :)

18. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

First of all thanks for the new poster system!

Read here what Seamless Branching is all about and why support is a lot more relevant for UHD now.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ss-branching-a-serious-problem-with-uhd.7428/

19. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Very good read the above link but this is an issue i have mentioned a few times over the past year and never had a response looking into this. i have a media player which is 6 years old and plays branching movies back perfectly (not 4K obviously) the reason i can not remove from my rack.