New firmware v1.5.0 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Stfn

Stfn New Member

When will you release firmware 1.5 for x8?

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will check the subtitle issue.

3. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

@mirror, the same happened to me too with Greek subtitle.Nothing for sometime and then suddenly, everything came up at once. Then after a point the subs appeared normally.

I used the attached sub on the movie Kingsman The Golden Circle 2017 BluRay 1080p DTS-HD MA 7 1 AVC REMUX-FraMeSToR.

Attached Files:

• sub.zip
      File size:
      54.7 KB
      Views:
  4. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Solved it .Thanks.

nikos_a likes this.
  5. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

No fix for 25 fps bug and dutch internal subtitles now showing chinese letters.

And of course every 10 min the going into slowmotion with web-dl movies.

Great job, now reinstalling back to 1.4.06.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  6. harrylaws24

harrylaws24 New Member

Firmware 1.50 on X9S HDMI in recording from various sources, picture is fine but audio is garbled. Worked fine with previous firmware 1.4.16.
    Anyone else experiencing this problem?

7. dudul

dudul New Member

trendkill likes this.
  8. Dairy_Farmer

Dairy_Farmer Member

Found a problem and would like to see if it is just me or 1.5.0

Previously when watching a video I could use the PgUp and PgDown buttons on the remote (standard remote) to FF or FR. Each press increased or decreased the speed. Now pressing the buttons moves to the next or previous file.

One of my boxes updated to 1.5.0 and that has the problem. The other is still 1.4.16 and works fine.

Any solutions?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  9. sem1903

sem1903 New Member

have problem when i press menu button and down arrow for subttitle remote control have problem pls fix it

10. xavi0ur

xavi0ur New Member

yes i have same problem with the browser when i want to stream via browser. not only with chrome, but also with firefox too

i hope you can fix it soon

thank you very much

11. zoropoon

zoropoon New Member

I had a problem. When I use HDMI-IN RECORD .AUDIO sound had noise.

12. Pixel

Pixel New Member

Please add the SACD ISO playback support like in new x10 firmware.

13. JCJMC

JCJMC Member

Autoframe error in 50hz videos

14. Cemo

Cemo New Member

Please add a shortcut for HDR on off option when viewing video movie content.

15. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i play .mkv 1080p hevc 10bit @23.976 movie, i set resolution to 2160p 60Hz, but when i choose frame rate and resolution switch
    it go to 1080p @23.976 not 2160p @23.976, have to choose frame rate only if i want 2160p @23.976
    same if i choose auto for my resolution, it will go to 1080p :(
    i download the file in page one and update local from my flashdisk
    before that i was flash my box with v.1.4.12 then update it with v.1.4.16
    oh..my tv is LG UH650T its mean it UHD tv

ZDMC is not in the app drawer but its ok coz i buy this box not to depend on kodi to play my movie
    but when i scan my file, almost all the tv shows got a wrong poster :(:( and some with movies too
    i dont know if i have to do something about the name file to get the correct poster, i just name it very simple
    eg: i have It(2017) after scanning i got the little prince (2015) poster, i do it twice, same result :(

so when you gonna set the new jukebox feature to the firmware, it look like much much better and promisiing then this one

16. 4kHD

4kHD New Member

ZDMC has a far better Movie Scraper than the inbuilt Home Theatre APP, in Fact the HTA app is pretty much useless for TV series it names everything wrong completely everytime. ZDMC is far superior.

and it sounds like your Auto resolution is working fine why would you want to Upscale a 1080p HEVC 10bit @23.976 movie to 2160p thats senseless

17. godalmighty

maybe the next HT app will be better coz i see the screen capture in http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/some-news-for-x10-x9s-x8.6272/, look very promising
    i dont know why after flashing my box with v.1.4.12, theres no ZDMC installed

i just curious why @mirror say that in v1.5, When the resolution is set automatically, the priority 4K resolution
    the PQ when i get the 1080p or 2160p is the same, coz when i got 1080p signal my tv will upscaling it too to 2160p
    just wanna my box do the upscaling not my tv

18. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

You’re misreading the release notes. When the resolution is set to auto it will prioritize 4K as the resolution (for the interface). If you enable resolution switching it will read what’s in the video file and change the TV to the matching resolution. If you want everything upscale to 4K on the box manually select a resolution and then turn off automatic resolution switching.

19. godalmighty

yes i just missunderstanding the meaning by that word, i thought it will upscaling the source to 4k if we used UHD tv
    already did that, turn off all the switching and set the resolution to 2160@24hz coz i`m a noob viewer, cannot see any different between 24fps and 23.976fps

btw what setting is best for me with ColorDepth, Color Space and HDMi Range?
    i regular used to see brrip 1080p HEVC 10bit
    and what the different with Nuplayer and Native player?

20. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Leave everything at defaults. I think my player is the external player that zidoo built.