Netflix not available on Zidoo products

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by dcc, May 27, 2017.

1. grapenose

grapenose Member

I really don't know what Zidoo is playing at.
    They need to lift their game and make sure that the player is certified.
    Not good enough.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i think the older one, version 5.1 or somethig will still work

3. EB1000

EB1000 New Member

BTW, Xiaomi Mi box (cheaper that X9S), is fully certified. Can do 4k/atmos Netflix + 3D MVC + bluray menus using latest official kodi 17.4... I'm considering getting one and moving the almost useless x9s to the bedroom...

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Yes, xiaomi managed to get 4k netflix on there boxes ( international version only MDZ-16-AB ) , for netflix content it's a good buy.

5. Angegardien

Angegardien New Member

I am willing to pay for it netflix.....I'm a new customer zidoo x9s.

6. JJKK

JJKK Member Beta test group

The new Zidoo H6 Pro supports Netflix HD

7. Angegardien

Angegardien New Member

I have already bought a product, and I would like a quality in this product.

bob79 and grapenose like this.
  8. Rolf Taylor

Rolf Taylor New Member

videobruce likes this.
  9. x7de

x7de Member

and does it work?

10. Rolf Taylor

Rolf Taylor New Member

"All very easy, and it all worked just fine for my X6 Pro"

So far no problems at all.

11. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Higher resolution handled by X6 Pro and sideloaded Netflix app?
    Thanks!

12. Max-78

Max-78 Member

So, what's the max resolution with the above linked app achievable? 1080p?
    How about a multichannel sounnd from the mentioned app?

Frankly - I'm also a bit unhappy, that the all ads says NETFLIX / Showmax / other player, while the unit 'off the box' at the first start informed me, that the Netflix (and other apps as well) is not supported.
    I had to spent some hours in order to search for the 'solution' for each of the 'problem' separately.
    While Netflix finally works (some way, not as it should, and no 4K...), the Showmax isn't - due to the lack of WideVine/DRM's - I'm paying monthly fees for the service which I can not use otherwise than via the PC/Laptop...
    I can understand the 'dccc' to feel cheated and there's no crying in his words - he just concluded the fact, that X10/X9/... are being advertised as NETFLIX/other service players, while this is not the truth and at least requires some research and tests in order to get the working applications. Still - some of them - like Showmax in my case - do not work as they should. That's disappointing.

Playing the 1080p/4K content - more or less is working rather good.
    So far I have 3 or 4 movies with 4K + HDR or DV content which is not being played by my X10.

13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Mine was a question... not written very well.

14. videobruce

videobruce Member

What should of been posted early on is this from Netflix. Especially note the last line in bold;

15. tizidoo

tizidoo New Member

I found and authority problem with the Zidoo X10 (mine) Netflix will not work we know that but also i have try with TUNEIN RADIO and DIGITALLY IMPORT all these three providers need their own player i could install everything (not netflix) but nothing is working because they used their own player , Zidoo should understand they are making devices and sell them , and us we are buying their devices , Zidoo please could you unlock or fix that major problem , we will continued to used your devices never forget that , so why are you doing that ??? thank you.

16. Nelson de Leon

Nelson de Leon New Member

Not anymore for me...

Any updates on this...?

17. Nelson de Leon

Nelson de Leon New Member

An update:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688

The most recent version of the Netflix app for Android is not compatible with all Android devices running Android 5.0 (Lollipop). If you downloaded the Netflix app from the Playstore and saw a message directing you to install an earlier compatible version, you can download the latest compatible Netflix app here.

NOTE:

This version of the Netflix app requires Android version 4.4 (Kit Kat) or later.
    First, you'll need to set up your Android phone or tablet so you can install the app directly from us:

1. If you haven't already, uninstall the Netflix app.

2. After you've uninstalled the app, go to Settings.

3. Tap Settings.

4. Tap Security.

5. Check the box next to Unknown Sources: Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store.

6. Tap OK to confirm this change.
    NOTE:

You can revert back to your original settings once you have installed the Netflix app.
    Then, on your Android phone or tablet:

1. Click here to download the Netflix app.

2. A blank screen will open and then close to indicate that the download has started.

3. When the download is complete, swipe down from the top of your screen to open your Notification panel.

4. Tap the downloaded Netflix file and select Install.

5. The installation is complete when the notification bar at the top of the screen displays Successfully Installed Netflix.

6. Find and launch the Netflix app.

7. If prompted, enter your Netflix email and password using the on-screen keyboard.
    You're now ready to watch Netflix on your Android phone or tablet. Enjoy!

18. Meguinness

Meguinness New Member

How about having the leanback version of Netflix working on the H6 PRO?
    Any way around to spoof the server to think is installed in a android os box? thanks

19. Aliceyt

Aliceyt New Member

I would like to know all these things.

20. zaini

zaini New Member

I will sell my zidoo x9s
    it is no longer possible to see netflix from this summer I do not know what happened I've always seen it without problems .. now it's not possible anymore, the app has disappeared from google play
    I tried to do everything but there is nothing to do.
    Can anyone confirm that it is no longer possible to see netflix? Please...
    Thanks