HELP Zidoo X9 Bricked After recovery update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by bovoro, Dec 15, 2015.

1. bovoro

bovoro Member

Hi folks , i have a situation with my X9 box , i flashed via bin and recovery mode, the update goes with a blue sccreen strangly fast , goes to 100% and then reboot, and green screen with 88:88 in the clock screen, what can i do? plz. there is a software for flash recovery and bootloader again?

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Can you boot in recovery?

3. bovoro

bovoro Member

i dont , i think. only boots and when try to enter in recovery green screen with 88:88 on clock, when i try to enter normal boot, black screen and "boot" on clock

4. Sarco

And boot with the mstar.bin ?

5. bovoro

bovoro Member

green screen about 10 second , then black

6. Sarco

Turn switch off, unplug for 10 min then try mstar.bin method. Put mstar.bin (Zidoo not pavo or other) on usb fat format, plug the unit then with holding reset turn switch on, wait a few second. You should see copy in front of unit. If this not work I have no clue.

7. bovoro

bovoro Member

thanks Sarco, i let it off , and then try again

8. bovoro

bovoro Member

No success man, the same , i think bootloader or recovery are screwed , the only is reflashing that , since manufacturer doesnt give that kind of files

9. Gary W.

Gary W. New Member

I think I am in the same boat. Tried to flash a new bin (as suggested by Zidoo support) and now can't do anything. mstarupgrade.bin on a usb drive is just ignored. If I boot normally, I get a black screen and the word "boot" on the display. I don't see any way to get things back to normal. Any ideas???

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  10. bovoro

bovoro Member

Sadly zidoo have a poor customer service support I tried to contact them with no success what appear to you on x9 screen ,88:88?

11. xentor33

xentor33 New Member

Try [again] this:
    .use a USB stick with minimum 4 G capacity
    -FAT formated
    -mstarupgrade.bin on the stick
    -insert in the first USB 2 port,first on the left
    -keep press reset button,power on,wait couple seconds,release reset.
    -also,try with fw 1039 if you fail with mstar.bin
    Good luck,

Regards,

12. Gary W.

Gary W. New Member

I tried the procedure above and it failed... How would you go about loading fw1039?

13. xentor33

xentor33 New Member

Then,RMA is one option.
    Regards,

14. jamil

jamil Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

15. bovoro

bovoro Member

nothing happen jamil, green screen display, and 88:88 on TV BOX display , tried many many times without success

16. Rudy

Rudy New Member

3rd attempt to post to this forum.
    I am a new member and have an apparently bricked x9s. it displays the ZIDOO logo only. No idea what to do next. I have attempted to locate files that have been suggested in this forum with no luck. ANY help would be appreciated. I contacted Zidoo Customer support and they referred me to the company I purchased the unit. That is BANGGOOD. I have heard no reply from them.
    Again, ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

17. Paul Craton

Paul Craton New Member

I have the same issue. Green screen.... 8888

I also have the problem on a similar same chip unit by Kaiber.

Is there a way to connect a debugger to this device in order to upload a boot loader? Any guidance on how? Thanks

18. bovoro

bovoro Member

sadly, I could never recover my zidoo x9, in fact I still have it, Zidoo Sucks !!