New firmware v1.5.0 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Volker

Volker New Member

No, autoamtic framerate-switch works, but the automatic resolution-switch, which was new and worked in 1.4.19, does not work anymore for 720p DVD in 1.5.0.

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  3. Cine

Cine New Member

Sorry, i never had a DVD with 23hz. DVD has always 50 or 60 hz. So Volker is right, With the .19 it was working.
    Now there is only a framerate switch. Its not a big problem, but my FullHD TV can handle a progressive scan much better
    the the RTD. So i was very happy to use the resolution switch.
    The quickbutton ist also not working at me, it switch only between the hz, not the resolution.

Cine

Lony likes this.
  4. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Good update no problems.

Can someone explain the HDR switch because i have a Panasonic plasma 1080p and on or off no difference playing 4k (down-converted obviously to 1080p). Before this was implemented when i played 4k content the black bars were washed out and overall picture look grayish. Now the HDR switch as cured the issue but on or off no difference is this just for 4k TV's?

5. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I am no expert, but to my basic understanding, the HDMI connection is both way communication between TV and your source. The box gets info on the TV's capability such as 720p, 1080p or 2160p (auto HDMI detect), on top of that, the TV also indicate whether its capable of other features such as HDR and what nots coming down the pike.

HDR is a recent boost to video quality that displays a wide range of dynamic brightness and color depth, comparing to ancient 64 level grey scale to today's billions. To be compatible with older TV that does not support HDR feature, the HDR handshake determines whether HDR content should be sent to the TV or not, if not, then its just standard signal, otherwise if the video content is HDR, then the handshake to the HDR capable TV is sent, and my LG HDR TV always blink, then HDR symbol displays on the upper top right corner briefly and the wow factor starts. By the way, the HDMI cable is a digital cable that sends digital signal, as more features are packed to the TV, that HDMI speed requirement increases by leaps and bounds, to today's 18Gbps HDMI 2.0 cable for 4K 60Hz 3D and HDR, hence the reason from HDMI 1.xx to today's HDMI 2.xx

Hope I am accurate and explain to your satisfaction on how today's TV works.

6. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Again. I do not understand why H.264 1080 50i Interlaced is not spent at 50 FPS. With 25 FPS that just looks awful.

After all, there would be nothing wrong with changing that. In the first 2 seconds (before the automatic frame rate change), you can see that the picture is played smoothly with 50 FPS. Only then is switched to 25 FPS, and the playback flickers and a trace is clearly visible.

One can take any x-arbitrary 1080 50i stream (eg MTS, M2TS from BDMV) and set the framerate recognition to 50 FPS on it. Or is there a problem?

I have a lot of holiday videos and private videos in this format, and the playback does not look nice anymore.

Of course, this also applies to self-produced BDMV, which must (have to) be in the compliant 1080 50i format. These are also played only with 25 FPS, instead of 50 FPS.

Please, Support Team, can you change that ??

7. JJKK

JJKK Member Beta test group

ZIUI is gone from the front page.. Has it been cancelled??

8. dimipapa

dimipapa New Member

to me in one Lg Oled,there is still a problem with deepcolor.
    if I put it auto,10bit,12bit the picture is lost..!!necessarily I got it Off..
    also with hdmirange full or auto the picture is very dark.play better in limited bad but not properly.

9. Klaatu

Klaatu New Member

I figured out a bug in the display of 10bit HDR material.

Setting the "Deep Color Mode" to 10 or 12bit + "4:2:2@23.976" leads to massive banding effects.
    This is not the case when I set both "Deep Color Mode" & "Subsampling" to AUTO.

My HDFury Vertex reports that it outputs 12bit 4:4:4 when using AUTO.
    This was not the case with previous firmwares.

10. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Somebody could post link of 1.4.19, sound setting do not included LPCM multi chanel 1.5.0 and HDR not working for me anymore.

11. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

12. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

13. aleks061

aleks061 New Member

When the BD menu is completed, so that the menu roller that, when selecting roads, is played continuously,
    as on iron players, and then on ZIDOO it is slowed down after the first play.

14. takfarinas7

takfarinas7 New Member

Bonjour
    S'il vous plais j'ai installé my canal et ce dernier me dit qu'il manque le module DRM widevine sur mon zidoo x9s.
    Merci de faire une mise à jour afin d'ajouter ce module .
    Cordialement

15. Marathin

Marathin New Member

Hi There,

On my X9S I have an USB Hub wit 6 Storages on it.

With Firmware 1.4.12 it was perfect, thatt when I switch off the X9S all 6 Storages also shut down and by switching the box on..all the storages switch on.

Now with Firmware 1.5.0 whenI switch off the X9S...all the storages stay on......Is this a Bug?

THX

16. eraycelik80

eraycelik80 New Member

Zidoo h6pro launcer

Zidoo x9s install

Süper

zidoo do not care about us do not share this file download and install the file zidoo x9s get new interface

no need to wait for the firm

zidoo x9s 2018 louncer

Attached Files:

17. Lony

Lony Active Member

@mirror

Please check the following Bug in SMB Mount Path with Firmware 1.50 and ZDMC 17.6

-----------------------
    After all, apparently only a few have a problem with the use of ZDMC 17.6 and XBMC / KODIWrapper and KODI 17.6 under SMB, here then what I could find in connection with a Synology NAS and this is very much a bug, because the Mount Path works lost to Nirvana, why, I can not say, but the following scenario can be adjusted at will.

NAS 192.168.178.21 - Synology NAS

Then I grab with ZDMC 17.6 for the first time and everything works fine

after that

XBMC / KODIWrapper with KODI 17.6, the same connection to the NAS as above, once started a movie and then just finish.

over to

ZDMC 17.6 and start a movie, does not work, because no Mount is done, therefore no call of the movie through the Gallery3D player.

It does not matter what you want to do, even a new integration of network sources under the above IP do not bring. Here only a reboot of the box would help.

NFS, on the other hand, continues to work flawlessly, as does playing local files.

But we do not do a reboot because we really want to know if it is because of the SMB protocol, or a mountpath error.

Let's just create another new network source under SMB and use a different NAS, it's not like there's no choice here.

NAS 192.168.178.35 - Synology NAS

Start ZDMC 17.6 and lo and behold, all files will play properly. The KODI 17.6 alternative is also running, but just on the other NAS IP, if you were to create another source with the same NAS, you would lose that PATH for ZDMC.

Here, too, NFS continues to work flawlessly.

In short, no matter how you choose to spin it, a network source is mounted by an external player and unmounted again, then ZDMC is no longer able to cleanly execute its mounts, or lose its path. And all this was not the case in older firmwares before.

Please look at this Video

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y8WQAzGB0OputVXOrKY7EMTrPVOG-Pgp

Greetings Lony

18. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi,Can you send me the play info?
    I wonder why 1080I50pfs will switch to 1080P25.
    thanks
    such as :
    upload_2017-12-18_20-54-56.png

19. 4kHD

4kHD New Member

Thats because LG OLED's only support Limited Range and not Full

20. dimipapa

dimipapa New Member

there is no chance..!!
    lg oled(65 b6v)of course passes fullrange.
    tested with pc and another older version firmware.
    if I'm not mistaken the version was 1.4.6.
    play normally with auto/full range and there is no problem with it deepcolor.
    after 1.4.6,all the firmwares,appeared problems with hdmirange and deepcolor.