YCbCr 422 10 bit not Work and YCbCr 420 is missing!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by looun, Nov 14, 2017.

1. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

The option should be in the video advanced settings (somewhere under the Reality Creation settings). If you really want to know how your source is working, you should always keep it off.

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello all,

The options below reality creation are off.

btw you are right, i have the same problem as you.

------------

resolution : 2160p60
    deep color : 10bit
    color space : AUTO
    HDR switch : ON

BANDING

------------

resolution : 2160p60
    deep color : AUTO
    color space : AUTO
    HDR switch : ON

NO BANDING but 12bit instead of 10bit

-------------

It does not tempt me to downgrade, i keep the FW 1.4.16 by choosing deep color auto (12Bit) until zidoo corrects the problem.

3. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Ok, so we can now assume the problem affects X8, X9S and X10. As you are a beta tester, any chance you can tell the Zidoo team about the issue?

Just to be curious: does the "smooth gradation" option on the Sony TV help you reduce the banding?

Btw I remember trying that combination too, but it wasn't good for me, probably because OLED TV need to use dithering to play content over 10 bit color depth... Didn't check on the JVC projector, which should instead be able to play 12 bit content without problems.

4. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    this is the wiki of HDMI
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_1.4
    HDMI 1.4 don't support YUV420.
    besides, if you choise a resultion of HDMI, and you want to check the color mode option, you should quit the UI and enter it to reflash the UI.
    we will to reflash the UI immediately in next version.

5. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

That wikipedia page is totally wrong because HDMI (any version) supports 4:2:0 color compression! It's the minimum requirement to be able to see color images. DVD, Blu-ray, UHD Blu-ray and TV broadcast are all encoded with 4:2:0 color compression.

The differences come when higher color depth or frame-rates are involved: example, if you want to reproduce 4K / 10 bit / 60 fps you will need HDMI 2.0, but if you play a 4K / 8 bit / 30 fps content HDMI 1.4 is just fine (with 4:2:0 compression).

Zidoo boxes have HDMI 2.0a output and our issues involve 4K / 10 bit contents using the latest firmware.

6. failax

failax Member

7. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

8. failax

failax Member

I see no banding but with hdr on the scene is darker and colors are washed

9. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I suppose that's because you don't have an HDR display. To watch HDR content you need a 4K Ultra HD with HDR compatible TV

10. failax

failax Member

I have vpr epson 7300 with hdr.

11. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Epson HDR projectors don't enable HDR automatically... you need to set it to HDR when you watch HDR content. That's why you see it "washed out" ;)

12. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I gave a wrong information about the Epson 7300. It plays HDR automatically, but you need to set it properly in the advanced signal settings ;)

13. Robynet73

Robynet73 New Member

what output should I set on zidoo x8 to see 4k hdr 10 bit on the epson tw 7300 video projector?

14. Robynet73

Robynet73 New Member

so does zidoo x8 work with epson tw7300 well?

15. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

If you use FW 1.4.6 (for me the best in terms of video quality till now) you should set deep color to 10 bit and color space to Auto. Don't forget to select Enable 4K 23,976Hz in the Playback menu

16. Robynet73

Robynet73 New Member

epson is not compatible with 444 signals 10 bit 4k only 422 10 bit, zidoo does not exit 422 10 bit only 8 bit at 24p i do not know

17. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Yes I know about HDMI limitations of Epson projectors. Try as I said with 24p content and let me know. I think it should work. With 50/60p content I'm afraid it wont

18. Robynet73

Robynet73 New Member

forse failax sa ....

19. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

As others already explained, that's not a Zidoo bug, but an HDMI 2.0 limitation. You can't have 4K 10 bit with 422 color compression above 30 Hz (the Zidoo menu is 60Hz), but only 420.
    Here a recap of the HDMI 2.0 specs:
    hdmi 2.0 color.JPG

20. Robynet73

Robynet73 New Member

zidoo non esce 422 10-12bit ma solo 8 bit